In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

February 8th, 2022 at 1:36:57 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: kenarman
Don't know or care who Sidney Powell is. My post was about your comment that judges should "call them as they see them".

The evidence is right there
She has a lawyer
The big defence argument
Bear in mind this is HER lawyer presenting this argument
No reasonable person would believe her
Hmm
Seems the definition of a lunatic. She's a lawyer and her lawyer is saying no reasonable person would believe her. Sounds like her own lawyer is arguing that she is a lunatic

"Pro-Trump lawyer says ‘no reasonable person’ would believe her election lies | US news | The Guardian" https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/mar/23/sidney-powell-trump-election-fraud-claims
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 8th, 2022 at 2:07:03 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: kenarman
Don't know or care who Sidney Powell is. My post was about your comment that judges should "call them as they see them".

What comment?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 9th, 2022 at 3:32:50 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Biden Admin To Fund Crack Pipe Distribution To Advance ‘Racial Equity’

Quote: article
Applicants for the grants are prioritized if they treat a majority of "underserved communities," including African Americans and "LGBTQ+ persons,"

So if you are gay and black the Biden admin wants to be sure you can smoke your crack safely?
The President is a fink.
February 9th, 2022 at 3:49:41 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: AZDuffman
Biden Admin To Fund Crack Pipe Distribution To Advance ‘Racial Equity’

Quote: article
Applicants for the grants are prioritized if they treat a majority of "underserved communities," including African Americans and "LGBTQ+ persons,"

So if you are gay and black the Biden admin wants to be sure you can smoke your crack safely?

The last line of the article:

Quote:
President Biden's son Hunter is a longtime user of crack cocaine.

😂😂😂

What an amazing “news source!”
February 9th, 2022 at 4:38:21 AM permalink
ams288
I’m now learning that the crack pipe story is being used by right-wing media to distract from the *actual* news of the day.

Quote:
Fox News has brought up "crack pipes" or "injection sites" at least 20 times today to own Biden over a program meant to keep drug addicts safe. "Legitimate political discourse" hasn't been mentioned once.

This is why people who watch Fox are actually *less informed* than people who watch no news at all.
February 9th, 2022 at 6:12:06 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Was Trump's trade war a failure?

Quote:
If there had been no Trump trade war, and no tariffs, U.S. exports to China would have been $119 billion more than actual levels from 2018-2021, if the U.S. share of Chinese imports had simply remained constant. That's a net loss of business for American companies. And it doesn’t include nearly $30 billion in U.S. taxpayer funds Trump doled out to farmers to compensate them for lost sales to China from 2018 through 2020.

Quote:
Economics found that during the first two years covered by the trade deal—2020 and 2021—China purchased just 57% of what it had committed to in the trade deal. China said it would buy at least $502 billion of U.S. goods during those two years. Yet total purchases added up to just $289 billion

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/trump-s-trade-war-was-a-total-flop/ar-AATCSUY?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 9th, 2022 at 6:22:48 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine

So they are saying China purchased less than planned after the china virus shut things down?
The President is a fink.
February 9th, 2022 at 7:27:01 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: AZDuffman
So they are saying China purchased less than planned after the china virus shut things down?

So the pressure seemed to work and then the Covid came out of nowhere.

Of course it did not work out as planned. Maybe it would have; maybe not.
February 9th, 2022 at 7:53:49 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
I’m now learning that the crack pipe story is being used by right-wing media to distract from the *actual* news of the day.

This is why people who watch Fox are actually *less informed* than people who watch no news at all.

This is just ridiculous. I HATE when our government enables or even encourages criminal behavior. It’s another clear difference between Republican and Democrat. Another solid talking point leading up to November. I (and I believe a MAJORITY of Americans) do not want our tax dollars spent on making it safer for the crime committing illegal drug users. You, ams, might think it distracts from the news of the day, but it is another piece of news making it clear what a Democrat run government can do.

The real news of the day is the bully Cabinet guy (Lander) whose behavior Biden said ‘will not be tolerated by this administration’ was not fired, but allowed to resign. Biden even thanked him, and said he will do good things in the future.

In other news, Cori Bush is still touting ‘defund the police’ blather. I am embarrassed there is a constituency that will elect her.
February 9th, 2022 at 8:15:10 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: SOOPOO
This is just ridiculous. I HATE when our government enables or even encourages criminal behavior. It’s another clear difference between Republican and Democrat. Another solid talking point leading up to November. I (and I believe a MAJORITY of Americans) do not want our tax dollars spent on making it safer for the crime committing illegal drug users. You, ams, might think it distracts from the news of the day, but it is another piece of news making it clear what a Democrat run government can do.

It is not distracting from news of the day, it IS news of the day.

"Come get your free crack pipes! If you are gay or black come to the front of the line. If you are gay AND black you get VIP treatment!"

Really, that is what Democrat leadership is now about. Free crack pipes.

Meanwhile under Trump a mean tweet was news of the day.
The President is a fink.