In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

May 17th, 2022 at 7:45:35 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
The best thing from the UAP briefing today, is just how different the briefers answers are from say claims by conspiracy of all kind or religion, or mysticism, or supernatural.

Here's what we know, and here's what we don't know. Here's what we detected or didn't detect. No claims beyond that are made, beyond what is actually known about reality. And we get an accurate assessment about the amount of data whether it's extremely limited, or multiple data detection so you get some level of confidence about a particular incident.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 17th, 2022 at 11:01:38 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: ams288
Yes, white supremacists and MAGA nuts are the true victims here.

Indeed they are.

Those store employees and black shoppers had no business getting in the way while that white 18 year old exercised his fourth Amendment rights.

Just wait til Trump steals the next election, things will be different then (I just hope I can get that bunker built by election day).
May 17th, 2022 at 2:33:00 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
https://cronkitenews.azpbs.org/2022/05/10/experts-fear-state-is-not-prepared-to-handle-surge-in-alzheimers-cases/

Looks like Az. is in line to have a 33% surge in the rate of Alzheimer cases, "The Alzheimer’s Association estimates that cases in Arizona will increase from 150,000 in 2020 to 200,000 by 2025, a 33% increase that would be the fastest in the nation over that five-year period. But advocates say there are not enough resources to handle the cases the state has now, much less the extra 50,000 that could be coming.

“We have a caregiver shortage, we have a nurses shortage, we have a doctor shortage, and we have a 33% increase in Alzheimer’s diagnosis,” said Pam Ostrowski, the founder of Alzheimer’s Family Consulting. “We have a crisis coming.”
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
May 17th, 2022 at 2:40:00 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: petroglyph
https://cronkitenews.azpbs.org/2022/05/10/experts-fear-state-is-not-prepared-to-handle-surge-in-alzheimers-cases/

Looks like Az. is in line to have a 33% surge in the rate of Alzheimer cases, "The Alzheimer’s Association estimates that cases in Arizona will increase from 150,000 in 2020 to 200,000 by 2025, a 33% increase that would be the fastest in the nation over that five-year period. But advocates say there are not enough resources to handle the cases the state has now, much less the extra 50,000 that could be coming.

“We have a caregiver shortage, we have a nurses shortage, we have a doctor shortage, and we have a 33% increase in Alzheimer’s diagnosis,” said Pam Ostrowski, the founder of Alzheimer’s Family Consulting. “We have a crisis coming.”

On the flipside science may find a cure or really slow the process down
Who knows
I'm surprised we got a vaccine that works incredibly fast
Don't count science out
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 17th, 2022 at 3:57:57 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined
On the flipside science may find a cure or really slow the process down
Who knows
I'm surprised we got a vaccine that works incredibly fast
Don't count science out

They have been working real hard on Alzheimer's for several decades and haven't gotten anywhere. They thought the plaque on the brain cells was the cause. It now appears that likely the plaque is an effect since there are treatments that eliminate the plaque but don't cure the disease. I have lost several family members to the disease.

Arizona's problem is caused by their extremely high seniors population not any terrific increase in the percentage of people getting it.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
May 17th, 2022 at 4:37:54 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: kenarman
They have been working real hard on Alzheimer's for several decades and haven't gotten anywhere. They thought the plaque on the brain cells was the cause. It now appears that likely the plaque is an effect since there are treatments that eliminate the plaque but don't cure the disease. I have lost several family members to the disease.

Arizona's problem is caused by their extremely high seniors population not any terrific increase in the percentage of people getting it.

If I had to take a wild guess, it's primarily modern countries of means disease.

Quote:
Finland, United States, Canada, Iceland, Sweden, Switzerland, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, and Belgium have highest rates

Quote:
Among developed countries, Japan has the lowest prevalence of both dementia in general and Alzheimer's disease in particular.

Some of these countries have similar diets, so my initial guess of a diet link doesn't really hit hard. But I think Japanese have a culture of working hard. The rat race stress may take some out along with suicide but may protect their brain if they live long enough. My other guess is Japan may be unique in banning certain chemicals in products that others don't.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 17th, 2022 at 4:55:39 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: kenarman

AZ??????
How about Florida
We call Pinnelas County gods ( the g is lower case for atheists) waiting room
What is DeSantis doing??????????
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 17th, 2022 at 5:00:21 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: terapined
What is DeSantis doing??????????

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 17th, 2022 at 5:39:41 PM permalink
rxwine
I thought we had a midterms thread, but didn't find it.

Looks like Kathy Barndoor might be tanking Minute Oz's chances, splitting the demographic. Still too early though.
May 17th, 2022 at 5:52:06 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: rxwine
I thought we had a midterms thread, but didn't find it.

Looks like Kathy Barndoor might be tanking Minute Oz's chances, splitting the demographic. Still too early though.

I'm pretty shocked Trump endorsed Oz. The guy is even distasteful to the base
Fascinating race
Conman endorsing the snake oil salesman simply because he is on TV and to Trump, TV is everything
Not sure if Oz or Barnett is easier to beat in a general
Scary the Dem had a stroke. I really like that guy