In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

August 13th, 2022 at 6:22:16 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
To quote Republican Dan Quayle:

"What a waste it is to lose one's mind. Or not to have a mind is being very wasteful. How true that is."

'Nuf said.
August 13th, 2022 at 6:32:59 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
U.S. and Norway co-develop a new form of artillery, leap-frogging ahead of the Russians and the Chinese.

https://news.yahoo.com/ramjet-powered-artillery-u-ground-161000010.html
August 13th, 2022 at 7:06:08 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: terapined
This is rich
He's never been in the CIA
Yet according to EB he says he was a CIA agent
He is obviously lying yet EB absolutely trusts him
I'll leave it at that :-)

Oh and he's a 3 time loser for the House.

That is like somebody saying, "I am a traffic expert because I wrote hundreds of speeding tickets in the NSA"....
August 13th, 2022 at 8:52:12 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Gandler
I have no clue who that guy is, but as the CIA does not serve warrants or even have law enforcement power domestically, I find that hard to believe.

I misspoke, he was a New York City Cop for six years and a secret service agent for 11 years. Secret Service agents are
"Authorized to execute warrants issued under the laws of the United States;". He also has tons of contacts in both the Secret Service and the FBI.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 14th, 2022 at 6:19:57 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Gandler
That is like somebody saying, "I am a traffic expert because I wrote hundreds of speeding tickets in the NSA"....

I don't think anybody on the planet trusts him to win a house seat :-)

In other news
Rand Paul is trying to absurdly throw a lifesaver to Trump. He want the espionage act repealed. Unbelievable. Crazy. This ain't going nowhere. Right up there with some Republicans demanding the FBI be defunded. Insanity
https://www.yahoo.com/news/rand-paul-calls-repeal-espionage-115011151.html
"Republican Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky called for the repeal of the Espionage Act after it was revealed that the Justice Department is investigating if former President Donald Trump potentially violated the Act."
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 14th, 2022 at 12:41:28 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
RENO, Nev. – A Nevada homebuyer literally got more than she bargained for after ending up with an entire swath of lots in a subdivision in the west-central part of the state – while buying a single-family home.

The buyer was originally purchasing a single-family home in Sparks, Nevada, valued at $594,481. However, the Washoe County (Nevada) Assessor and Washoe County Recorder’s Office had records showing the buyer gained not just the property she was buying but also 84 extra house lots – and two additional parcels – in Toll Brothers’ Stonebrook development just northeast of Reno. 
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 15th, 2022 at 3:38:36 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: missedhervee
To quote Republican Dan Quayle:

"What a waste it is to lose one's mind. Or not to have a mind is being very wasteful. How true that is."

'Nuf said.
the poor guy was trying to say the United Negro College Fund motto. At the time I was pretty sure he came off a plane snockered

I think one reason these VPs wind up sounding so stupid is their job is so boring they start cocktail hour about 8 oclock in the morning
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
August 15th, 2022 at 7:54:00 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
You meddle in an out of state election of course you will be investigated. Even Senators are not above the law. Kudos to the judge

https://news.yahoo.com/judge-rejects-senator-grahams-challenge-134538856.html
Judge rules Senator Graham must testify in Georgia election probe
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 15th, 2022 at 8:59:51 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Trump's own DOJ won a case against the NYtimes in 2018. It included this statement:

Quote:
"wrote the Second Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals in its decision against the Times. "Because declassification, even by the President, must follow established procedures, that argument fails."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-s-doj-won-a-2018-case-that-undermines-claims-about-his-broad-declassification-powers/ar-AA10Gi4v?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=6a901f231db54691f1e107518a2bd87a
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 15th, 2022 at 9:38:29 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: rxwine

Interesting, Trump may be in big time trouble.