In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

December 20th, 2017 at 11:21:17 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
I'm still pissed at myself and at google.
I clicked on a google news item relating to that Australian mural by Rolf Harris being destroyed rather than merely covered over. Then I noticed that I was reading about it on InfoSorHoy which is a fake news outlet operated by the US Special Forces command and aimed at South America. I hate getting fooled like that.
December 20th, 2017 at 6:41:58 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Finland micro-community to have its own micro-currency in 2018. Mayor announces she will accept up to one third of her salary in the new currency which will be accepted only within city limits of the 3,000 home community. Regional authority is reacting favorably as are local merchants.
December 20th, 2017 at 7:26:50 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: kenarman
So the $38 million he paid in 2005 is nothing? You really do have blinders on when it comes to Trump BBB the hate gets in the way of clear thinking. Let me know when you get over the $38M since that is the least he has already paid even if he only paid that one year.

Not sure where you get that 38M is nothing from what I said. TRUMP said he pays nothing. I said that, since he just wrote and pushed through Congress a tax plan that benefits the most for those in exactly his business and with exactly his corporate structure, we should know to what extent he has used the office of the President to enrich himself.

He's on the government dime, using millions in government resources, and supposedly works for and answers to us. If he is using his office for personal enrichment, he should be impeached. I would say the same of any President.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
December 20th, 2017 at 8:12:48 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Trump's supporters have been letting him get by with personal financial obfuscation since about day one. I guess they think it's a joke.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 20th, 2017 at 9:35:00 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: beachbumbabs
Not sure where you get that 38M is nothing from what I said. TRUMP said he pays nothing. I said that, since he just wrote and pushed through Congress a tax plan that benefits the most for those in exactly his business and with exactly his corporate structure, we should know to what extent he has used the office of the President to enrich himself.

He's on the government dime, using millions in government resources, and supposedly works for and answers to us. If he is using his office for personal enrichment, he should be impeached. I would say the same of any President.

Obama increased his net worth $20 million while president on salary of $400K. I assume you would have impeached him if you had known.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
December 20th, 2017 at 10:01:10 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: rxwine
Trump's supporters have been letting him get by with personal financial obfuscation since about day one. I guess they think it's a joke.
Trump pardons Kosher meat exec, convicted of money laundering. When he was raided he had 389 illegal immigrants working for him. The guy really had some pull as 30 congressmen wrote in his behalf, 30. While leonard Peltier rots away in jail.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-commutes-sentence-kosher-meatpacking-executive-225329336--politics.html

Seems a bit hypocritical.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
December 20th, 2017 at 10:48:53 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Unfortunately for a lot of people in jail, they have no friends in high places. Don't know how many might get a pardon or revised sentence if they did.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 21st, 2017 at 4:56:20 AM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Obama increased his net worth $20 million while president on salary of $400K. I assume you would have impeached him if you had known.

If Obama had written and pushed through Congress a bill mandating the government pay authors $20 million taxpayer money and force-distributed his books to public schools, I would have called for his impeachment.

One is hypothetical and didn't happen. The other did yesterday.

One common issue I have with you and other Trump defenders is you NEVER DISCUSS WHAT REALLY HAPPENS. It would be nice to actually discuss the problem at hand. Instead, it's "but Hillary..." or "but Obama...". Irrelevant.

So, I say again, how much and in what ways did a sitting President benefit personally from legislation he wrote and pushed through Congress? Aren't you at least asking yourself why you don't know?

You know that Obama made $20 million in 8 years in office. You know how much he made because he RELEASED HIS TAX RETURNS. You know on what, perhaps because I told you, because he RELEASED HIS TAX RETURNS. You had a right to know how and how much because he's working for YOU.

We have the same right to know this about Trump. Why aren't you DEMANDING that information?
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
December 21st, 2017 at 7:57:36 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: beachbumbabs
If Obama had written and pushed through Congress a bill mandating the government pay authors $20 million taxpayer money and force-distributed his books to public schools, I would have called for his impeachment.

One is hypothetical and didn't happen. The other did yesterday.

One common issue I have with you and other Trump defenders is you NEVER DISCUSS WHAT REALLY HAPPENS. It would be nice to actually discuss the problem at hand. Instead, it's "but Hillary..." or "but Obama...". Irrelevant.

So, I say again, how much and in what ways did a sitting President benefit personally from legislation he wrote and pushed through Congress? Aren't you at least asking yourself why you don't know?

You know that Obama made $20 million in 8 years in office. You know how much he made because he RELEASED HIS TAX RETURNS. You know on what, perhaps because I told you, because he RELEASED HIS TAX RETURNS. You had a right to know how and how much because he's working for YOU.

We have the same right to know this about Trump. Why aren't you DEMANDING that information?

I am not demanding the information because I am Canadian but set that aside. There has never been a US president who has had the wide range of businesses spread around the world that Trump has. It would be impossible for Trump to not have at least a perceived conflict of interest no matter what he does with his businesses. Even if he sold everything off what would he do with billion(s) of dollars. He can't just put them under the mattress so no matter where the money sits he could still be in conflict of interest. He had these assets when he was elected and was open about a pro business agenda.

So all that happens when he releases his financial information is that a biased media finds 100's of items they likely don't understand to excite the haters with who likely understand business even less than the reporters. I have posted this before BBB the Trump haters really need to take a step back and see how all this hate is playing out internationally, the hating is destroying more of Americas respect in the rest of the world more than anything Trump is doing.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
December 21st, 2017 at 9:32:22 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I have posted this before BBB the Trump haters really need to take a step back and see how all this hate is playing out internationally, the hating is destroying more of Americas respect in the rest of the world more than anything Trump is doing.

Oh
Were you making the same complaints against the Fox and tea party when Obama was President?

You either earn the respect of country and the planet
or
Go on twitter with childlike temper tantrums

Trump has only himself to blame for all the haters. He's a moron
The planet is not looking to the American people on how to view Trump
The Planet is also reading Trump tweets and agreeing with the American Trump haters
Trump has a direct unfiltered communication line to the entire planet. That is what is hurting Trump. That is how Trump has lost the respect the planet
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"