In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

April 25th, 2018 at 12:30:58 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: rxwine
If the brainiacs haven't come up with a convincing explanation by now, doubt they will ever have one. Of course Trump fumbled his own immigration ball with his random bigotry comments.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/federal-judge-trump-administration-must-accept-new-daca-applications/ar-AAwiy4Y?ocid=spartanntp
I question why people, and especially a judge uses the term undocumented immigrants?

im·mi·grant
ˈiməɡrənt/Submit
noun
plural noun: immigrants
a person who comes to live permanently in a foreign country.
synonyms: newcomer, settler, migrant, emigrant; More

If the people came to the US had the intention of staying permanently with or without children, they weren't here to work, they were invading this country. They came illegally, how can that become a legal act?

If they came to work, as long as it benefited them with the intention to go back, they were migrant workers, which I too have been. What was their status when they crossed and what were their intentions?

My main complaint is, to give these DACA's citizenship, which is what will happen, is so unfair to those that went by all the rules. What incentive does anyone have to go by the laws of this country, if the cheaters reap the rewards?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
April 25th, 2018 at 12:46:19 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: petroglyph
My main complaint is, to give these DACA's citizenship, which is what will happen, is so unfair to those that went by all the rules. What incentive does anyone have to go by the laws of this country, if the cheaters reap the rewards?

Same as you would do anything I imagine. Tiers.

1st tier gets first priority. This would be legal entry. Perhaps exceptional needed areas or skills.

2nd tier would fill any available spots left. Would also be less desirable folks but perhaps legal entry.

And on down.

I don't see any reason immigration reform has to allow people to jump in line. If you can't use someone they're out of luck.

Legal citizens have top priority whatever the case.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 25th, 2018 at 1:06:51 AM permalink
petroglyph
Anyone that wants to come and live here, possibly become a citizen, needs to assimilate. I agree with the old Ellis Island rules.

Or like you mentioned, special skills. We already have enough grunts.
April 25th, 2018 at 2:29:08 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
‘Blue Wave’ Fizzles as AP Declares Republican Winner of Arizona Special Congressional Election

Shocking..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 25th, 2018 at 2:32:08 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
If the brainiacs haven't come up with a convincing explanation by now, doubt they will ever have one. Of course Trump fumbled his own immigration ball with his random bigotry comments.

Seems like we have another judge that skipped class the day they taught law at law school. If he wants to be a SJW he should leave the bench.
The President is a fink.
April 25th, 2018 at 6:35:56 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
‘Blue Wave’ Fizzles as AP Declares Republican Winner of Arizona Special Congressional Election

Shocking..

A 5 point win in a district Donald won by 20 and Romney won by 25 is not something you want to celebrate.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 25th, 2018 at 7:01:56 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29

Care to comment, EB?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 25th, 2018 at 8:52:03 AM permalink
petroglyph
Another Pit bull bites somebody. In the clip, the owner can't even pull the dog off the woman.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/watch-pit-bull-attacks-womans-094908711.html
April 25th, 2018 at 9:47:21 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: petroglyph
Another Pit bull bites somebody. In the clip, the owner can't even pull the dog off the woman.
Slow news day? Provocation?
April 25th, 2018 at 10:18:02 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Do I hear the roar of snowflakes melting?

https://www.outsidethebeltway.com/trumps-daca-order-suffers-another-loss-in-court/
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER