In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

December 19th, 2018 at 10:43:22 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman

It has been verified. My dentist was in dental school with him!

Sinatra was in dental school? Who knew..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 19th, 2018 at 11:55:49 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Very good news, other than the MIC will now be going after Trump for doing the right thing.

Let the Russians have that *******e.
Two days ago, our state dept. said we would be staying in Syria "indefinitely". I'd really like to know what caused the sudden turn? But it has nothing to do with the people of Syria or the value of American soldiers lives. So this is the move of yet another pawn on the grand chessboard.

Many moving parts. I haven't seen a decent link yet, but ISIS, it's claimed just executed 700 prisoners, maybe we just got tired of supporting them? Maybe the Yellow vest movement and Macron deciding financially France would no longer contribute had something to do with it? Maybe Europe is just tired of the Muslim invasion from the destabilizing of country's in MENA?

And maybe even something to do with this crazy Russian election interference distraction, finally wore on Trumps nerves? I'm pretty sure that whatever the truth really is, that we will never see it, and "the truth" won't be on CNN.

I look at it like there are [at least] two different party's vying for supremacy of the "deep state". One is the Hillary, Bush, CIA side. I don't think our military is really on that side? Our military shows up in country after country to do what military's do, and it always seems the CIA has got some covert mission going on behind the scenes and is doing dirty deeds, usually involving raising money [through narcotic smuggling] to get funds for more deep state actions?

The brass doesn't really want our guys killed. The CIA will start the **** that makes that necessary, and will sacrifice plenty of body's.

There is some giant conflict going on for dominance and we are not privy to the facts. Between the G20, Wall street, Big oil/resource, NSA, MIC, there is conflict for who is in charge. It is not something that msm sends hard hitting investigative journalists to dig deep into, to expose on the nightly news. And the band plays on.

We are in the fight of our lives regardless whether or not the battle is kinetic. It is a "world war". I don't like it, but at this point we are all, "all in" in support of the US$ being world reserve currency. I may not understand all the moves, but I understand the goal. At this point, it is our military that is defending the petro dollar. Everything else is just noise.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
December 19th, 2018 at 12:42:50 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
"A Trump-backed bipartisan criminal justice bill passed the Senate Tuesday night by a margin of 87-12, despite ongoing efforts by Sen. Tom Cotton and other hardline conservatives to sink it. … For years, advocates and lawmakers have worked to reform the federal prison system only to have their efforts fall apart at the last minute."

Dems have been pushing this for years,
decades. And Trump and Jared Kushner
get it done. Will they get credit? Yeah,
right.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 19th, 2018 at 12:48:34 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: petroglyph
Two days ago, our state dept. said we would be staying in Syria "indefinitely". I'd really like to know what caused the sudden turn?

Putin wants it this way.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 19th, 2018 at 1:04:55 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
There are pros & cons to the U.S. withdrawal from Syria, but one thing's for certain: this helps Iran.

Quote: The Times of Israel
Israel’s Channel 10 news reported that Netanyahu tried in vain to persuade Trump to change his mind, and that there was tremendous “disappointment” in Jerusalem over the pullout, which is regarded as a victory for Russia, Iran and Hezbollah.

The TV report described the US move as “a slap in the face” for Israel, noting that the US presence in Syria was “the only bargaining chip” in Israel’s efforts to persuade Russia to prevent Iran deepening its entrenchment in Syria.
[...]
Israel has repeatedly vowed to prevent Iran establishing a permanent presence in Syria and Lebanon and has carried out dozens of air strikes against Iran-backed forces and attempts to smuggle advanced weapons to Hezbollah.

In April, two US officials told the Associated Press that a phone call at the time between Trump and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu grew tense over Israeli objections to US plans to leave Syria within six months.
December 19th, 2018 at 4:12:10 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: reno
There are pros & cons to the U.S. withdrawal from Syria, but one thing's for certain: this helps Iran.

Quote: The Times of Israel
Israel’s Channel 10 news reported that Netanyahu tried in vain to persuade Trump to change his mind, and that there was tremendous “disappointment” in Jerusalem over the pullout, which is regarded as a victory for Russia, Iran and Hezbollah.

The TV report described the US move as “a slap in the face” for Israel, noting that the US presence in Syria was “the only bargaining chip” in Israel’s efforts to persuade Russia to prevent Iran deepening its entrenchment in Syria.
[...]
Israel has repeatedly vowed to prevent Iran establishing a permanent presence in Syria and Lebanon and has carried out dozens of air strikes against Iran-backed forces and attempts to smuggle advanced weapons to Hezbollah.

In April, two US officials told the Associated Press that a phone call at the time between Trump and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu grew tense over Israeli objections to US plans to leave Syria within six months.
The US now has a permanent military base in Israel, and we have sworn to defend Israel to the last American soldier. Iran is no threat to Israel, they have an estimated 300 -400 nuclear missiles and Iran has none. Iran isn't suicidal.

The threat Israel supposedly feels is the intervention in completing the Yinon plan. It's ridiculous. We just donated another 38 billion dollars in foreign aid .

Are you aware that you can now be fired in 26 states in America for being pro Palestinian? https://www.newsweek.com/teacher-fired-refusing-sign-pro-israel-document-1262083

Saudi Arabia and Turkey will fill in the gaps left behind if any Americans leave, and Israel will step up the illegal bombing. I don't see what Iran or Syria has done to anyone to justify continued illegal bombing.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
December 20th, 2018 at 12:06:14 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Looks like Trump will shutdown the U.S. government to force U.S. taxpayers to pay for the wall that Mexico will pay for.

Here's what I don't understand: how will a wall prevent tunnels from being dug?

Since 1990, more than 220 tunnels have been discovered on the U.S./Mexico border, including 60 in the area overseen by the U.S. Border Patrol’s San Diego office, where a wall already exists.
December 20th, 2018 at 12:29:47 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: reno
Looks like Trump will shutdown the U.S. government to force U.S. taxpayers to pay for the wall that Mexico will pay for.

Here's what I don't understand: how will a wall prevent tunnels from being dug?

Since 1990, more than 220 tunnels have been discovered on the U.S./Mexico border, including 60 in the area overseen by the U.S. Border Patrol’s San Diego office, where a wall already exists.

So, you do not lock your front door as a lock is very easy to overcome? You leave the keys in your car because the ignition can be jumped out?

What I do not understand is if the wall "will not work" then why is the left so up in arms over the idea?

FWIW, Israel put up a wall and suicide bonmbers are no longer a problem.
The President is a fink.
December 20th, 2018 at 12:38:26 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
What I do not understand is if the wall "will not work" then why is the left so up in arms over the idea?

Logically, this question makes absolutely no sense.

If you think something won't work as the left feels about the wall, why wouldn't you be against it??
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 20th, 2018 at 12:45:51 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: ams288
Logically, this question makes absolutely no sense.

If you think something won't work as the left feels about the wall, why wouldn't you be against it??

Because as the left loves illegal immigration they should say, "go ahead, build it" knowing it will not slow the tide. Distract your opponent.
The President is a fink.