May 4th, 2014 at 3:22:19 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
Women are slow because of the left brain/right
brain thing. They don't make decisions well,
even small ones, like in shopping. They say
there are more men CEO's because women
can't make decisions alone, they rule by committee.
They need the permission of others before
they decide something.

Women would rather do nothing than make the wrong decision, men would rather make the wrong decision than do nothing. Women are far more worried about what people "think of them" than men are. They are more likely to say they would prefer to be liked than to be feared. Men care less what people think of them and are able to think in terms of Michael Corleone and say, "nothing personal, just business." Women take business decisions much more personal.
The President is a fink.
May 4th, 2014 at 6:20:07 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Fleastiff
A man wants to get the task done while a woman wants to experience the event and talk about it.

Nope, not even close. Women alone act just
like women in a group. They take just as long
to shop and do everything else, talking about
it has nothing to do with it. It's the right brain
left brain thing.

When I used to listen to Dr Laura on the radio,
she was constantly telling women to get to the
point because they would invariably wander
into areas that had nothing to do with why they
called. They were seeing all sides of the problem
and it kept them from zeroing in on the what
they wanted to say. Famous feminist Camille
Paglia recently said "If civilization had been left
in female hands, we would still be living in grass huts."

Meaning women would still be trying to decide what
to do.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 4th, 2014 at 6:23:18 PM permalink
boymimbo
Threads: 5
Quote: Face
I can't really remember the last time I was irritated in line, though (outside of Xmas season). I am the ultimate guy shopper; I know exactly what I need, where to get it, and the path that's most efficient to get it all. And when I browse, like when I need a lot of groceries and need to hit every aisle, I have a rule that I must maintain a steady walking pace. I don't slow or stop to grab my items, unless it's something for which I need two hands. I figure if I miss something, then I didn't need it that badly. I can do a full grocery shopping trip including check out in under 30 minutes.

Most of my Christmas shopping (80%) comes to my door. I'll take a trip to a Walmart / Target late on a Monday night three weeks before Christmas to grab stocking stuffers, and I'm done.
May 4th, 2014 at 11:27:32 PM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Threads: 24
It doesn't matter unless it matters to the cashier. Then rules matter like multiple items counting as only one. Sometimes it's even quicker using another lane or self-checkout and just depends on the number of people. Life is too short to worry about the borderline cases and I wouldn't say anything.
May 6th, 2014 at 7:30:37 AM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: Wizard
I'm going to owe Barb some push-ups for this, but I agree.

Yes, that would be worth 20. lol...
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
May 6th, 2014 at 7:37:31 AM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
This whole thread has been highly entertaining. Thanks, guys! lmao....

As to express lanes, I don't get in them unless I qualify in all respects, including paying either in cash or by debit card. And I know how to use the card reader quickly. And I will politely call out a clod who gets in that line with an obvious overage; I assume they didn't "see" the sign. All FWIW.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
Page 3 of 3<123