Gun Control

July 9th, 2014 at 11:43:23 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Conceal carry goes up, crime goes down.

How did this happen? I thought all those people who got carry permits were going to just shoot things up?
The President is a fink.
July 11th, 2014 at 3:27:37 AM permalink
AZDuffman
delete
The President is a fink.
August 25th, 2014 at 2:54:14 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
If a convicted felon has done his time in prison and been released, shall he have the right to own a gun?

According to research conducted by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution newspaper, in the past 6 years, the George State Board of Pardons has restored gun ownership rights to 358 violent felons, including 32 convicted murderers and 44 convicted sex offenders. Some Georgia offenders regained their gun rights after being convicted of crimes such as armed robbery, burglary, aggravated assault, child molestation, and rape at gunpoint.

Georgia ex-cons can vote, too.
September 10th, 2014 at 4:32:36 AM permalink
chickenman
Threads: 0
You can't make this stuff up
He's everywhere, he's everywhere...!
November 17th, 2014 at 5:58:04 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Remember all the jokes those of us who support freedom made about banning knives?

Can't tell if this is a joke or not.
The President is a fink.
December 31st, 2014 at 7:15:19 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
So, the two year old who shot his mother in Walmart...

Here's an idea..

A small breakable plastic trigger lock clip that will be broken by an adult squeezing a trigger but not by most small children. I say most, because you wouldn't prevent all these cases, but even half.

It makes the gun still quickly usable by an adult, but a little kid can't easily squeeze one off. There'd be no unlocking process, just break away the clip. Need a design though. It wouldn't stop your older kids but it would stop some, and or slow them down.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2014/12/31/the-inside-story-of-how-an-idaho-toddler-shot-his-mom-at-wal-mart/
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 31st, 2014 at 8:55:16 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine
So, the two year old who shot his mother in Walmart...

Here's an idea..

A small breakable plastic trigger lock clip that will be broken by an adult squeezing a trigger but not by most small children. I say most, because you wouldn't prevent all these cases, but even half.

It makes the gun still quickly usable by an adult, but a little kid can't easily squeeze one off. There'd be no unlocking process, just break away the clip. Need a design though. It wouldn't stop your older kids but it would stop some, and or slow them down.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2014/12/31/the-inside-story-of-how-an-idaho-toddler-shot-his-mom-at-wal-mart/

Well, before you invest time and money in design I would find out how many kind of cases like this happen. My guess is you could count on one hand how many per year. If you think the time and investment are worth it go for it, just do not request it be mandatory.

My guess is such a device could easily jam the trigger, costing lives in the net. Accidents happen. The way to have prevented this one was to either watch the kid closer or else carry the purse and not leave it.
The President is a fink.
January 1st, 2015 at 3:27:58 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: AZDuffman
The way to have prevented this one was to either watch the kid closer or else carry the purse and not leave it.

I'm more a hunter and less of a gun guy, so I don't buy into the idea you always need the gun ready to fire.

IMO, with this kind of gun [see link], there is generally no reason to have a cartridge in the chamber. Chambering a round in a tense situation sends a message [to do this with a pump shotgun is famous]

I would give her a break if she had reason to believe someone was going to ambush her and start shooting. I'm also ready to lay odds that was not the situation.

https://www.google.com/search?q=9mm+smith+%26+wesson&biw=1024&bih=608&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=sC2lVJHDBYWegwSdwICABg&sqi=2&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAg#tbm=isch&q=9mm+smith+%26+wesson
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
January 1st, 2015 at 11:17:19 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
The holster/purse was a gift from the husband.
January 1st, 2015 at 12:34:49 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Fleastiff
The holster/purse was a gift from the husband.

What would a case like this settle for if he had shot someone else dead in the store? Hate to say they might of got lucky since he shot his mother, but if he killed someone else's baby sitting in shopping cart I don't imagine the parents would be all that sympathetic to having their kid dead and getting a "sorry" or whatever.

Hard to believe the parents wouldn't be liable.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?