1 vote (20%)
No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)

5 members have voted

May 18th, 2014 at 9:20:56 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
I didn't get much traction on discussion about Survivor this season, but I can't help but solicit predictions on the final winner. The question for the poll is who do you think will win?

Personally, I think Tony will win, but I wish Spencer would. Of course, I have to pull for a brain. Kass is a brain too, but she betrayed the brains when there were eleven left, and I can't forgive her for that. In the unlikely chance I'm ever on Survivor (and I would LOVE to be) I'd play a game much like Spencer did. However, I think that Woo and Kass will be Tony's puppets to the end, ensuring he makes the final two, and ultimately the the jury will overlook that he stabbed many of them in the back and vote for him to win. If I were in the jury, here is how I would prioritize my vote: Spencer > Tony > Kass > Woo.

I have a $1 bet with my mother on Tony against Spencer. Woo or Kass will be no action.

It should be a good show. If if you haven't followed the whole season it will be worth watching to see if the puppets will wake up and overthrow the puppet master.

Spencer

Kass

Woo

Tony
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
May 18th, 2014 at 10:18:19 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Seriously, I thought this show went off the air
10 years ago. Of course not watching network
TV for the last 8 years might warp my judgement.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 19th, 2014 at 12:19:46 PM permalink
Beardgoat
Threads: 0
My wife and I love survivor. I think tony will win the final immunity and will make it to the final 3 and be voted the winner. He controlled this entire game
May 19th, 2014 at 12:50:23 PM permalink
blount2000
Threads: 5
Quote: Beardgoat
My wife and I love survivor. I think tony will win the final immunity and will make it to the final 3 and be voted the winner. He controlled this entire game

My wife and I love Survivor too. Some seasons are better / more entertaining than others, and I feel like this has been a good one.

From a "playing the game" standpoint, I think Tony deserves to win because I believe he played the strongest / most aggressively throughout the entire game. I found him a little arrogant at times, but not excessively so.

It will be interesting to see if Tony can win enough jury votes though. He played somewhat like Russel Hantz, which can get a person to the finals but may not be able to get enough votes to actually win.

If the jury can put aside emotion and recognize that Tony played an excellent game, then they will reward him for that. But folks on the jury are still torqued over being voted out, then Tony may have a problem.

Anyway, I guess we'll see on Wednesday!
May 19th, 2014 at 1:42:55 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Quote: blount2000
If the jury can put aside emotion and recognize that Tony played an excellent game, then they will reward him for that. But folks on the jury are still torqued over being voted out, then Tony may have a problem.

I'm not the biggest Survivor expert, but having watched about ten of the seasons it seems to me that the jury has more respect for the puppeteer than the puppets. Yes, players like Tony are behind a lot of blindsides and lies, but you can't fault him for trying hard to win. If I got blindsided, I would hold my hose and vote for the one who planned it rather than the pawns who were riding his coattails. Ultimately, I like players like Spencer the best who had the strength to win immunity challenges, tried to overthrow the bullies, and were true to their own alliances. Woo I have no respect for at all. He was Tony's puppet the entire game and brought nothing to it but another Tony vote. Kass made the season entertaining, but loses a lot of points with me for betraying the beauty/brain tribe. She seems to be playing not to win but to get as much camera time as possible.
May 19th, 2014 at 2:23:27 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Several philosophies of juries.

-did player ride on coattails.
-did player cut throats, lie
-did player honor alliances (longer than others)
-did player play honest.
-did player control others best

Some jurors favor one or more for or against players. Some will vote for the play no matter what; some will just not vote for one player no matter what.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 19th, 2014 at 2:45:39 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Quote: rxwine
Some jurors favor one or more for or against players. Some will vote for the play no matter what; some will just not vote for one player no matter what.

The thing I really hate is when some players make the last two players pick numbers for his/her vote.
May 19th, 2014 at 3:04:23 PM permalink
blount2000
Sometimes the jury questioning gets mean & awkward, which can make it a bit uncomfortable to watch. Like a couple of seasons ago when Brenda made Dawn take out her front teeth at the final tribal council. Very cringe-worthy!

Quote: Wizard
The thing I really hate is when some players make the last two players pick numbers for his/her vote.

Me too. The first person I saw employ the "pick-a-number" method was ol' crazy Shane from Panama. He was quite a character!

May 19th, 2014 at 4:50:48 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
I just bet $20 at even money on Tony NOT to win.
May 19th, 2014 at 5:33:02 PM permalink
boymimbo
If Spencer gets immunity on Wednesday night and makes it to the final 3, he will win. He is far more likeable than Tony and didn't burn any bridges and created a bunch of chaos that pushed Tony to make moves he didn't make.

Woo is a sycophant and can't win -- brings nothing to the table. Kass is a strong player as well though and if Tony makes it through with Kass and Woo i could see Kass getting votes because they can't vote for Tony, but i still think Tony wins with 6 votes. If Spencer gets to the final 3 I think he gets it with 6 votes. If Spencer wins immunity then I think Woo and Kass draw for straws as I think Spencer will want to take Woo with him while Tony will want to take Kass.

If anyone else wins immunity then I see Spencer getting voted out 3-1.
Page 1 of 3123>