Money given to you

Page 2 of 2<12
June 21st, 2014 at 8:16:14 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
It is possible, with the bank account number, and the person's name, to make a deposit without their knowledge or approval.

My paypal earnings just show up; I don't even get notified that a payment is in there. I have to sign in to see the transaction.

So, for me, in both cases, there is what could be considered a vulnerability to being framed, I guess, as you've speculated.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
June 21st, 2014 at 8:25:34 PM permalink
Beethoven
Threads: 18
Quote: Fleastiff
Y'all can feel free to frame at any time.
LOL!
Boron Boron Boron rhymes with moron, moron, moron
June 22nd, 2014 at 12:28:05 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I made a deposit in my brothers checking
account awhile back with one of his blank
checks. He's a long distance trucker and
he was out of state.

I just said I had no deposit slip at the drive
up, and they said no problem. Scary.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 22nd, 2014 at 10:42:51 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Lets face it, would you really want to have to approve every deposit that's made? You might want to query unknown deposits, but making it easy to get paid seems to be a useful thing. With paypal you do have to accept the deposit on personal accounts (a buddy of mine refused a payment I made to him... mostly as it was a all joke). Might be possible to automate that though.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
June 22nd, 2014 at 4:12:05 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Maybe I have that service automated somehow, because mine is a personal account on Paypal, and the money just shows up. I'll have to look into that.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
August 15th, 2014 at 1:22:31 AM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Threads: 24
I think it's perfectly fine to be deposit money into someone's account with the right information. It would be much worse not being able. Under the right circumstances banks make money denying deposits and consumers pay such as overdrafts, so overall not scary and a good thing. Chase I think is stopping them last time I looked.
August 15th, 2014 at 1:24:26 AM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Threads: 24
You could be framed drinking the beer he owed you too if they drugged it and set you up later.
Page 2 of 2<12