Aug 11 police shooting of unarmed young male.

Page 1 of 51234>Last »
August 26th, 2014 at 9:48:18 PM permalink
kewlj
Threads: 3
No, I am not speaking of Michael Brown, nor Ferguson, although that too occurred on Aug 11. On that same fateful day, 20 year old Dillon Taylor, and unarmed white male was shot dead by an African American police officer in Salt Lake City. Dillon had just PURCHASED a drink at the seven eleven and as he exited he was confronted by police, who were responding to a man with a gun. It was not Dillon. Dillon who was wearing headphones, could not hear the police and when he reached to turn the volume down was shot dead. Where is the outrage? Where are the protests? Where is Reverend Al?

Double standard?

Some similarities: The officer who shot Dillon was wearing a camera, but the recording of the incident has not been released. But what the police did release was information that Dillon Taylor was wanted on a parole violation (as if he deserved to die for that), much the same way as Ferguson Police have still not released an official police report, but they did release video of Michael Brown allegedly robbing a store earlier that day.

Thoughts?
August 26th, 2014 at 11:08:32 PM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Threads: 24
The power of suggestion is very strong. Possibly both people were completely innocent but the information the police had may have had put them in a state of mind different than true reality. It's really about prejudice being a policy than about an innocent person shot, so this is why the media ignores stories irrelevant to the case at hand. Plus, viewers want the Missouri case and all the fixings, not something new, until something new is bigger when this gets played out too much.
August 27th, 2014 at 2:45:10 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: kewlj

Thoughts?

It is the same drive-by lamestream media we have had for years. They will not report the white male being shot because first it does not fit the narrative they want to push and reporting it will not cause riots that they then get to cover for another week.
The President is a fink.
August 27th, 2014 at 3:21:23 AM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Quote: AZDuffman
It is the same drive-by lamestream media we have had for years. They will not report the white male being shot because first it does not fit the narrative they want to push and reporting it will not cause riots that they then get to cover for another week.
How do you get your news in which formats and which shows? Are they really better and do they not participate in their own narratives? Do you feel terms like lamestream media indicate you're critically thinking or participating in cult like behavior?
August 27th, 2014 at 3:24:10 AM permalink
1nickelmiracle
KJ, where did you obtain this story and when?
August 27th, 2014 at 6:09:26 AM permalink
Beethoven
Threads: 18
Quote: s2nickelmiracle
How do you get your news in which formats and which shows? Are they really better and do they not participate in their own narratives? Do you feel terms like lamestream media indicate you're critically thinking or participating in cult like behavior?
lol...
Boron Boron Boron rhymes with moron, moron, moron
August 27th, 2014 at 6:42:21 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: 1nickelmiracle

I get my news almost all online from links in Drudge and others. I check FNC's online site. I watch some wrap-up on Sunday morning if I get a chance. I have no cable so do not watch much.

I feel the term "lamestream" is descriptive. If you miss CBS you can watch ABC. If you miss ABC you can read it in the NY Times. If you miss the times you can see the replay on MSNBC. If you miss that well the same slant will be there tomorrow. They all act the same way, they all jump on the same slant. They all ask the same questions and fail to ask anything else. If there are no minorities then it must be racist. If it rains it must be climate change. If the corporation makes profit they are greedy, if workers demand a minimum wage increase then "America deserves a raise." Same push on the same things.

I watch coverage today and realize I saw the same story with different actors 5, 10, and 20 years ago. So yes, "Lamesteram."
The President is a fink.
August 27th, 2014 at 7:48:12 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

I watch coverage today and realize I saw the same story with different actors 5, 10, and 20 years ago. So yes, "Lamesteram."

We scientology watchers at Tony Ortega's underground bunker consider foxnews very lamestream. in fact, foxnews are total wimps.
Alot of abuse going on in scientology.
Due to Greta, foxnews will never ever do a hardnews story on scientology. Really sad.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 27th, 2014 at 9:52:47 AM permalink
boymimbo
Threads: 5
I saw this story a couple of days ago. Dillon Taylor was described as Hispanic. Salt Lake City isn't exactly racially charged like St. Louis is. The video will be released and the cop will likely be charged or not charged based on the evidence.

There are protests in SLC, but no looting and no crime around it. The body camera evidence will be released, and there is confidence that justice will be served. The police chief in SLC has made that clear.

Race relations in the US are not exactly perfect. Of course you will expect African-Americans to be more sensitive when it comes to racial issues. It was only 50 years ago when there was great racial inequality throughout the nation, and culture, despite having gone a long way, isn't fully there yet. On both sides.
August 27th, 2014 at 11:25:59 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
I get my news almost all online from links in Drudge and others. I check FNC's online site. I watch some wrap-up on Sunday morning if I get a chance. I have no cable so do not watch much.

I feel the term "lamestream" is descriptive. If you miss CBS you can watch ABC. If you miss ABC you can read it in the NY Times. If you miss the times you can see the replay on MSNBC. If you miss that well the same slant will be there tomorrow. They all act the same way, they all jump on the same slant. They all ask the same questions and fail to ask anything else. If there are no minorities then it must be racist. If it rains it must be climate change. If the corporation makes profit they are greedy, if workers demand a minimum wage increase then "America deserves a raise." Same push on the same things.

Good post AZ.

I'm glad at least someone else reads the news instead of watching it on tv.

Lamestream, mainstream or msm, many outlets including in print are owned by a small set of powerful people. Rupert Murdoch for one.
Msm is "infotainment". Sad really. Then you can watch the viewers who watch one or the other argue bullet points, whilst I shake my head and wish they cared more, at least enough to get a different opinion and decide for themselves. Most people either don't care enough or have enough time to stay abreast of a more accurate reality. Collapse will come more from ignorance and apathy then global weather change.

I agree about the same issues over and over. I've said that in the past about elections as well. My country seems to have a really short corporate memory. As far back it seems as I can remember they all run on the same "issues" which are chosen for them mostly by their sponsors. How many campaigns have been about the economy, schools, crime, health care and education? Oh, and of course lets don't forget homeland security. That makes me ill to use that term versus say national defense. That homeland, fatherland, motherland terminology irritates me. How about for the good of the country?

BTW, I saw a poll not long ago saying Walker was in the top 4, don't count him out. Ron Paul keeps telling it like it is. The world would already be a better place if he had been electable. God save us from Hillary.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
Page 1 of 51234>Last »