November Elections

Page 2 of 4<1234>
October 5th, 2014 at 5:58:08 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Was cruising the Steam computer game store looking at the new Civilization upcoming release.
A different game caught my eye and it was on sale.
A simulation game called Democracy 3. Its a pretty neat game. Turn based , 3 months a turn.
Looked interesting, you are in charge . Get a choice of like 6 countries to pick from like US, UK, Germany , Australia ect.
Pick a country and you are the newly elected leader.
You set policy or change policy. Its pretty detailed on setting and changing various policy's and different groups of voters react positively or negatively.
You react to various Domestic and International incidents and different groups of voters either approve or disapprove to various degrees based on your decision.
You are the Prime minister or President, object of the game, get re-elected and finish out your terms.
Well 1st game, I'm new elected President of USA.
I'm like to hell with the voters, I'm going for what I believe in.
Disaster.
I start the game with a lot of political clout being newly elected so I use it to push hard to legalize abortion totally. On demand. No restrictions. The religious right is furious. Incensed at me.
Crime is up and to appease some on the right, I make a lot of moves supporting law enforcement, my left leaning Attorney General resigns. My base is not happy now.
The economy is tanking because I raised corporate taxes and taxes on the wealthy.
Get extreme in the game, the extremists get extreme with you.
I try to make some moves to try to dig me out of my hole but in the end get assassinated.
Didn't even get a chance to try to get re-elected. lol.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 5th, 2014 at 6:19:33 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: terapined

The economy is tanking because I raised corporate taxes and taxes on the wealthy.

You make a game of raising taxes?!

Economy tanks?!

WOW--SURPRISE!

The President is a fink.
October 6th, 2014 at 4:28:22 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Politicians will claim anything to get elected:

"Last month, New Mexico’s Democratic gubernatorial candidate, Gary King, was at a private fundraiser when he shared an off-the-wall opinion about Gov. Susana Martinez, his Republican opponent.

After paraphrasing remarks he attributed to labor leader Dolores Huerta about the need for voters to distinguish candidates who have “a Latino heart” rather than ones with only a Hispanic surname, King added, “And we know that Susana Martinez does not have a Latino heart.”"

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2014/10/06/more_hispanic_than_thou_124189.html

I don't think it worked at all--it sounds like it backfired on him--but it is just another example of how we, and I mean both parties, let people say anything in an attempt to get elected...and they get away with it way too often!
October 6th, 2014 at 5:18:31 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: RonC

I don't think it worked at all--it sounds like it backfired on him--but it is just another example of how we, and I mean both parties, let people say anything in an attempt to get elected...and they get away with it way too often!

Some blacks for years have not been "truly black" and now a latino who "does not have a latino heart." At least PC dictates that a white guy will not be accused of not being "really white."
The President is a fink.
October 6th, 2014 at 5:31:40 AM permalink
chickenman
Threads: 0
Quote: AZDuffman
At least PC dictates that a white guy will not be accused of not being "really white."
Yet more proof of the existence of a merciful God for FRGamble :-)
He's everywhere, he's everywhere...!
October 6th, 2014 at 6:17:40 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Some blacks for years have not been "truly black" and now a latino who "does not have a latino heart." At least PC dictates that a white guy will not be accused of not being "really white."

No, but one claimed to be the first black President...
October 6th, 2014 at 9:06:54 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: RonC
No, but one claimed to be the first black President...

Bill Clinton did.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 7th, 2014 at 10:16:27 AM permalink
boymimbo
Threads: 5

Economy tanks?!

WOW--SURPRISE!

One of my favorite quotes from Seinfeld, "Ukraine not weak. Ukraine strong!!!".

While it's absolutely ridiculous for someone to bring Risk on board a New York Subway, somehow you could see doofus Kramer doing exactly that.
October 7th, 2014 at 11:13:00 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: boymimbo

Economy tanks?!

WOW--SURPRISE!

One of my favorite quotes from Seinfeld, "Ukraine not weak. Ukraine strong!!!".

While it's absolutely ridiculous for someone to bring Risk on board a New York Subway, somehow you could see doofus Kramer doing exactly that.

On a NYC subway people might not notice. Heck just rode the subway here and you hear and see more than you want to. And that was a mere 3 stops.
The President is a fink.
October 7th, 2014 at 3:26:50 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Video to make you think who Republicans are :

(I hope they checked every person in this is a registered Republican, as this sort of thing blows up).

Of course the opposition is all over this with parodies already.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
Page 2 of 4<1234>