November Elections

Page 3 of 4<1234>
October 8th, 2014 at 12:54:08 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: petroglyph
If it has to be a woman for the left, blue whatever the f*** party, I think this gal is leagues ahead of pillary.

Maybe the Republicans will nominate a woman this time.

Kristi Noem

Mary Fallin

Nikki Haley

Susana Martinez

Cathy McMorris Rodgers

Kelly Ayotte

Pam Bondi

Lisa Murkowski

Michelle Bachman

Sarah Palin

Condaleeza Rice
October 8th, 2014 at 8:27:00 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Best ask EvenBob first which one he likes the look of best.

Rock The Vote releases it's new voting video. I would -guess- it's mostly supported by the left, though it's a bipartisan movement. Just something about it, I'm not sure what though....

(It's terrible, by the way. There is such a thing as trying to hard, which is pretty much most of Fred Armisten's comedy. I am not sure he meant this to be on that line...)
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
October 8th, 2014 at 9:31:49 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: TheCesspit

Rock The Vote releases it's new voting video. I would -guess- it's mostly supported by the left,...

You "guess"? Bwahahaha! Now THAT'S the kind of humor I could do more with. Well played, Cess ;)

Seriously, though.

There must yet still be unclaimed land somewhere on Earth, right? Somewhere I can go and just start anew, somewhere were stuff like this does not exist?

I don't even get it. Hell, I hardly even know who or what that was. I know Lil Jon, of course, and it is somehow frightening that he is the only one who made any bit of sense in that bit. What a scary thought, Lil Jon as the voice of reason. I also recognize Fred as the Venezuelan diplomat for Parks and Rec (Undercook chicken? You go to jail. Viva Chavez!") He also gives the best insight, whether he knows it or not, to the state of America today. He's turning out "because I want to impress my friends. That's the only reason to ever do anything." Nailed it.

Did that man say his name was "Devindra"? What, is he a henchman on "Thundercats"?

Yes, I become excessively angry of some things for reasons I don't understand. This whole thing is one of them.

And now I'll have "Turn Down For What" stuck in my head all day long. At least all 3:36 of the song is just 12 words.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
October 8th, 2014 at 10:51:35 AM permalink
TheCesspit
If you need to do the old 'hey, look, it's Person X from show Y and her friend no-one knows', your celebrity endorsement sucks and should be taken outside and put down for everyone's benefit.

I'd post the original L'il Jon video, but I think it'll give some guys here aneurysms. But yes, I am playing it right now too.

Quote:

Fire up loud
Another round of shots
Turn down for what

Frank Sinatra, it ain't.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
October 8th, 2014 at 12:09:26 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: TheCesspit

I'd post the original L'il Jon video, but I think it'll give some guys here aneurysms. But yes, I am playing it right now too.

OH. MY. GOD. I'd never seen the video until now. I just sprung something and am crying laughing. It's official. Lil Jon in 2016. He's got my vote.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
October 9th, 2014 at 12:24:06 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Pacomartin
Maybe the Republicans will nominate a woman this time.
Sarah Palin

Except for Sarah, why did you post so many
frightening pics? Halloween?
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 9th, 2014 at 2:36:56 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Face
There must yet still be unclaimed land somewhere on Earth, right?

Kind of.

Quote:
Somewhere I can go and just start anew, somewhere were stuff like this does not exist?

Then no.

If you try to set up as much as a residence in some empty area not claimed by any government, some government will proceed to claim it.

Maybe a barge on the Pacific Ocean? But what would you live off of?
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
October 9th, 2014 at 3:23:34 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Quote: Face
There must yet still be unclaimed land somewhere on Earth, right? Somewhere I can go and just start anew, somewhere were stuff like this does not exist?

Bir Tawil is the biggest area of terra nullius. Some dude claimed it for his daughter so she could be a princess, though. You might have to fight him.
October 9th, 2014 at 8:15:06 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
You could probably set up an undersea lair. Not sure who really claims much of the ocean bottom.

For all I know, there are people hidden out under the ocean already. (no not the known labs that exist, but some private thing in secret)
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 9th, 2014 at 8:25:35 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: rxwine
For all I know, there are people hidden out under the ocean already. (no not the known labs that exist, but some private thing in secret)

It is very very expensive to live underwater. Even to live 20' below the surface in a lagoon costs a lot.

The Navy used to spend a lot trying to have people live underwater in the 1960's and 1970's. Finally, they gave it up. There is not that much work done by divers at depths below 125' .The required safety gear is so expensive, that it is almost always cheaper to try and do the operation with remotely operated underwater vehicles.

A two person submarine with an acrylic dome that dives to 1000' and stays down for a few hours costs about $2 million.

Even if you live at 66' deep that is still three atmospheres of pressure. If you didn't want to spend 15 hours in a decompression unit every time you wanted to leave, it costs a lot to build even cramped living conditions to withstand that pressure.

NG documentary on hypothetical city of 100 families
Page 3 of 4<1234>