Poll
1 vote (20%)
No votes (0%)
4 votes (80%)

5 members have voted

September 15th, 2014 at 12:30:22 AM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Threads: 24
All the Samsung ads I saw today were tempting. I don't have a smart phone but want one now I must admit. Toast please, if you've seen the commercials, you'll know what I mean.
September 15th, 2014 at 5:59:09 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: kenarman
"Still, even with the impending release of the Moto 360, Apple still has to face their rival Samsung in the release of smartwatches, which Samsung has been doing long before Apple released the Apple Watch."

You realize this only means Samsung copied the Apple Watch before it was launched? Just as Samsung, and many others, copied the bigger smartphone before Apple had a chance to ship theirs. As they copied NFC, too, to boot.

It's so unfair all these companies keep bringing Apple's innovations to the market before Apple can do so. There ought to be a law.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
September 15th, 2014 at 7:37:55 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: Beethoven
Don't know how this became an Apple vs. Android discussion, but take a look at how much money iTunes makes. That alone shows how wrong terapined was when he called Apple a "minor" player.

iTunes sells to all platforms not just IOS. Actually the control that iTunes wants over uour digital life is probably the main reason people move away from Apple rather than a plus.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
September 15th, 2014 at 7:40:54 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: Nareed
You realize this only means Samsung copied the Apple Watch before it was launched? Just as Samsung, and many others, copied the bigger smartphone before Apple had a chance to ship theirs. As they copied NFC, too, to boot.

It's so unfair all these companies keep bringing Apple's innovations to the market before Apple can do so. There ought to be a law.

Nareed as a sci-fi fan you realize this is proof that Samsung has perfected time travel.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
September 15th, 2014 at 8:14:09 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Clearly Apple are trying to recapture the front edge with credit card money thingy. It's about as appealing to me as dog dirt, but if it works, no doubt in 4 years I'll have a phone that I can use to pay for things too. And if doesn't, this is the last we'll hear of it for a decade, then someone will bring it out again in a new package, possibly much improved.

Fair play to Apple, this is what they do, and UI-wise, they tend to be ahead of the game.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
September 15th, 2014 at 8:19:09 AM permalink
Nareed
Nareed as a sci-fi fan you realize this is proof that Samsung has perfected time travel.

OMG!! They stole the iTravel, too!!
September 15th, 2014 at 8:26:20 AM permalink
chickenman
Threads: 0
Quote: Nareed
OMG!! They stole the iTravel, too!!
iDunno, did they?
He's everywhere, he's everywhere...!
September 15th, 2014 at 8:51:27 AM permalink
Beethoven
Threads: 18
Quote: Beethoven
Don't know how this became an Apple vs. Android discussion, but take a look at how much money iTunes makes. That alone shows how wrong terapined was when he called Apple a "minor" player.
iTunes sells to all platforms not just IOS. Actually the control that iTunes wants over uour digital life is probably the main reason people move away from Apple rather than a plus.
iTunes is Apple's baby.

But again, I don't know how this became an Apple vs. Android debate. Apple is definitely not a "minor" player regardless of what you and terapined believe.
Boron Boron Boron rhymes with moron, moron, moron
September 15th, 2014 at 8:58:21 AM permalink
Nareed
Quote: chickenman
iDunno

iThird base! ;)

Apple is mostly a modern cult, or a status symbol. Yes, their products are very good. I've no major complaints about the iPhone 4something I've been using for three whole days now. But I only have it because I got it free. Apple's prices are outrageous. to be fair, Samsung's and everyone else's prices are outrageous, too, for premium or high end phones. They also put out mid-range and low-end phones for much, much less. Apple doesn't.

Funny thing. When I got my nexus 7, most people who saw it assumed it was an iPad mini and were very excited to try it. When they realized it wasn't, they were very disappointed.
September 15th, 2014 at 11:05:21 AM permalink
Nareed
Q: How do you know the iPhone 6 plus was designed by a man?

A: Because it's called "6 plus" when it only measures 5.5 inches.
Page 3 of 4<1234>