New color scheme?

Page 2 of 3<123>
November 6th, 2012 at 10:28:52 AM permalink
MonkeyMonkey
Threads: 0
Quote: DJTeddyBear
(Hmmm.... I might as well give him a bunch of different color tints...)

If anyone truly cares what a majority* of the users here want they could do a screen shot of a page that contains all/most of the color elements, then take it into Photoshop (or the image manipulation software of your choice), shrink it down to a thumbnail and use the Hue/Saturation controls (with "colorize" turned on) to create a dozen or so different options and make a poll so we can vote.

Or the color scheme can keep changing randomly causing eye trauma and never letting any one color scheme become accepted.

* Keeping in mind internet forum polls are hardly representative of the population of the forum.
World's most discriminating Kool-Aid connoisseur
November 6th, 2012 at 10:34:32 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
We welcome all opinions. Regarding green, JB made up some mock versions in various shades of green, and I didn't like any of them.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
November 6th, 2012 at 10:47:29 AM permalink
DJTeddyBear
Threads: 5
Quote: MonkeyMonkey
...Or the color scheme can keep changing randomly causing eye trauma and never letting any one color scheme become accepted.

As f'd up as that is, I like it.

Of course, that creates yet a new nightmare for JB to code, so don't look for it any time soon.
Ignorance is bliss and knowledge is power. But having only some facts can get you into trouble!
November 6th, 2012 at 10:59:22 AM permalink
AcesAndEights
Threads: 6
I like being able to tell the sites apart easily,

Definitely.
Quote:
but I don't care for this particular color scheme.

Eh, I could take it. But mainly I just want it to be different enough that it doesn't require mental effort to tell the 2 sites apart.
"You think I'm joking." -EvenBob
November 6th, 2012 at 10:59:31 AM permalink
MonkeyMonkey
Quote: DJTeddyBear
Of course, that creates yet a new nightmare for JB to code, so don't look for it any time soon.

Nah, it would be easy...

Instead of the normal way of including a CSS, make it a PHP include, then you can change all the color values to variables. And randomly generate the colors at each and every runtime! Then we could have a "Post your most obnoxious color combo" thread where we put the screenshots of the best of the worst.
November 6th, 2012 at 11:00:14 AM permalink
AcesAndEights
Threads: 6
Or the color scheme can keep changing randomly causing eye trauma and never letting any one color scheme become accepted.

That would be awesome!
"You think I'm joking." -EvenBob
November 6th, 2012 at 11:02:43 AM permalink
MonkeyMonkey
Quote: AcesAndEights
Eh, I could take it. But mainly I just want it to be different enough that it doesn't require mental effort to tell the 2 sites apart.

I think maybe the reason it's not working for me is that the buttons (quote, reply, flag post, etc) don't match. I don't know, as the day wears on I'm getting more used to it.
November 6th, 2012 at 11:10:11 AM permalink
FarFromVegas
Threads: 3
I vote for K Kitty style!

This space for rent
November 6th, 2012 at 11:13:14 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: FarFromVegas
I vote for K Kitty style!

I've no problem with pink and fuschia.

But the creepy kitten freaks me out :)
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
November 6th, 2012 at 11:14:02 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Wizard
We welcome all opinions. Regarding green, JB made up some mock versions in various shades of green, and I didn't like any of them.

This one is, sorry guys, terrible. Looks like my monitor is going bad. I don't like the idea of green, either. I know you are trying to make the sites have a different look, but blue is a popular color because it is very easy on the human eye.
The President is a fink.
Page 2 of 3<123>