Let's talk about the 2016 election.

Page 2 of 4<1234>
November 7th, 2012 at 6:14:18 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Mosca
For the GOP, I believe they will nominate the shrieking white-hot sphere of pure rage.

Perfect! I have heard a disappointed voter say that we won't get through the next 4 years without martial law.
November 7th, 2012 at 8:53:41 PM permalink
MonkeyMonkey
Threads: 0
Quote: Pacomartin
I have heard a disappointed voter say that we won't get through the next 4 years without martial law.

That actually wouldn't surprise me. The left and right are pulling further apart and Obama is definitely not the great uniter of people. Various threads showed how a certain segment was responding to the possibility of a Romney presidency with threats to assassinate him. That's pretty strong opposition, even if only bluster, but I see the same type of vitriol coming from both sides. The pressure is building, I think it may be a matter of time before something boils over.
World's most discriminating Kool-Aid connoisseur
November 7th, 2012 at 9:04:12 PM permalink
s2dbaker
Threads: 13
This is a tough one. Christie has no chance in this Republican party but the party is not immune to change. I think Paul Ryan (or as the libertarians call him, Wrong Paul) has a real shot at getting the nomination and he will pick Chris Christie as veep to moderate his odious policy choices. On the blue side, it's a pretty deep bench but whoever gets the top spot, I'm betting on Cory Booker getting the Veep nod. Booker is a super hero. He runs into burning buildings to save constituents. If I were to be put on the spot and pick the Democratic Presidential Candidate today, I'd go out on a limb and choose Maggie Hassan.

Dem - Hassan/Booker
Rep - Ryan/Christie
Winner - Team Blue
November 7th, 2012 at 9:18:20 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Isn't this supposed to be the 21st Century? Remember all those wonderful and terrible things we'd find by the year 2000?

I say we clone Reagan and Kennedy and see the show :P
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
November 7th, 2012 at 10:03:59 PM permalink
AcesAndEights
Threads: 6
Quote: Nareed
Isn't this supposed to be the 21st Century? Remember all those wonderful and terrible things we'd find by the year 2000?

I say we clone Reagan and Kennedy and see the show :P

doiiiiiiiiit
"You think I'm joking." -EvenBob
November 8th, 2012 at 5:36:33 AM permalink
Mosca
Threads: 22
Quote: MonkeyMonkey
That actually wouldn't surprise me. The left and right are pulling further apart and Obama is definitely not the great uniter of people.

Or, he never had a chance.
November 8th, 2012 at 5:45:48 AM permalink
MonkeyMonkey
Quote: Mosca

I guess that's one way to look at it... I prefer to make Obama responsible for his own actions and not blame the Republicans for things he did or said. I don't hate the guy or have a laundry list of complaints about him, but you need only look at things like the "You didn't make that" comment to small business owners to see that he wasn't doing a lot of uniting. He also reeks of the kind of condescending, smug attitude that is so prevalent among Democrats/liberals/whatever.
World's most discriminating Kool-Aid connoisseur
November 8th, 2012 at 4:20:14 PM permalink
DocZZZ
I think Hilary is already looking too old to win. Biden is of course a joke, right? No one really thinks he has any chance of winning the nomination...
Christie really would be at a disadvantage due to his morbid obesity. (I have emailed him an opportunity to participate in a weght loss challenge on another forum...)
I think it will be very interesting as there will be four new faces..... no incumbent, no VP trying to be prez....
November 8th, 2012 at 4:52:08 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: DocZZZ
I think Hilary is already looking too old to win.

Just how old is she? I doubt she's older now than McCain was in 08.

Quote:
Biden is of course a joke, right?

A very funny one. But he'd get a chance in one of the 57 states (oops!). By his acceptance speech, he could amke things right by declaring he's not proud to be the candidate.

Seriously, of all the field in the 08 primaries, he got to be Vice president. So he's dumb as well as a joke :P
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
November 8th, 2012 at 4:58:13 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: MonkeyMonkey
That actually wouldn't surprise me. The left and right are pulling further apart and Obama is definitely not the great uniter of people. Various threads showed how a certain segment was responding to the possibility of a Romney presidency with threats to assassinate him. That's pretty strong opposition, even if only bluster, but I see the same type of vitriol coming from both sides. The pressure is building, I think it may be a matter of time before something boils over.

I predict some kind of major disruption in us society the next 20 years. We are overdue as they happen every 80 years or so. 1776, 1861, 1941 were the previous ones. It is a cycle that has to happen in a society. Not saying martial law or anything specific. But something will happen requiring 5-10 years of real pain to complete.
The President is a fink.
Page 2 of 4<1234>