Bill Cosby, What the Frick?

Page 40 of 40« First<37383940
January 20th, 2024 at 9:48:25 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I don't think about Bill Cosby much because I try to put it out of my mind like many people have. In the early 60s my friend and I used to sit in his basement and listen to Cosby's records over and over. I watched every episode of him on I Spy. I watched The Cosby Show in the '80s. He was America's dad. He was also a violent sociopath/psychopath, who has almost no friends. We all know about the rape, but what we never hear about is he was a total prick to everybody around him. He had an ego as huge as Montana and if you didn't do everything he wanted you to do he punished you. You ever hear anybody come to Cosby's defense? Nobody did because nobody could stand the guy.

"Everyone came to trust him because his material was “clean” and he came across as a loving, responsible, and generous man who understood people and stood up for African Americans in show business. But there is every reason to conclude that this was an act. Was he a talented comedian? Absolutely. He was brilliant, and his work inspired millions. But he was not good; he was evil. The psychopath allows us to say such unambiguous things without qualification. Cosby was not a complicated man with a dark side. He was an evil man with a clever façade."

He drugged and raped over 60 women that we know of, some think it was three times that many. And it was not for sex, it was for control. It was to show that he was in charge and can do anything he wanted. I'm not much of a believer in evil, but if there is such a thing Bill Cosby pretty much fits that description. It's just very hard to take his public persona, his comedy, and reconcile it with what he did. He fooled all of us, he must be amazingly intelligent.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 20th, 2024 at 10:05:36 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: Evenbob
I don't think about Bill Cosby much because I try to put it out of my mind like many people have. In the early 60s my friend and I used to sit in his basement and listen to Cosby's records over and over. I watched every episode of him on I Spy. I watched The Cosby Show in the '80s. He was America's dad. He was also a violent sociopath/psychopath, who has almost no friends. We all know about the rape, but what we never hear about is he was a total prick to everybody around him. He had an ego as huge as Montana and if you didn't do everything he wanted you to do he punished you. You ever hear anybody come to Cosby's defense? Nobody did because nobody could stand the guy.

"Everyone came to trust him because his material was “clean” and he came across as a loving, responsible, and generous man who understood people and stood up for African Americans in show business. But there is every reason to conclude that this was an act. Was he a talented comedian? Absolutely. He was brilliant, and his work inspired millions. But he was not good; he was evil. The psychopath allows us to say such unambiguous things without qualification. Cosby was not a complicated man with a dark side. He was an evil man with a clever façade."

He drugged and raped over 60 women that we know of, some think it was three times that many. And it was not for sex, it was for control. It was to show that he was in charge and can do anything he wanted. I'm not much of a believer in evil, but if there is such a thing Bill Cosby pretty much fits that description. It's just very hard to take his public persona, his comedy, and reconcile it with what he did. He fooled all of us, he must be amazingly intelligent.

Is there anyone defending Bill Cosby? I agree, that Bill Cosby is a terrible person, but this just seems a bit out of left field? Is there some new Bill Cosby drama that I am not aware of?
January 21st, 2024 at 12:05:49 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Quote: Gandler
Is there anyone defending Bill Cosby? I agree, that Bill Cosby is a terrible person, but this just seems a bit out of left field? Is there some new Bill Cosby drama that I am not aware of?

An analogy of Joe Biden.
January 21st, 2024 at 7:17:47 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: DoubleGold
An analogy of Joe Biden.

How?
January 21st, 2024 at 8:31:49 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
How?

That's what entered my mind.
January 21st, 2024 at 10:59:23 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146

For me it's PTSD. I've never gotten over the shock about Bill Cosby. Weren't you born about 1990? So you missed his entire career but I was there for all of it. All this comedy, he had like four or five TV shows and I watched all of them except Fat Albert. We loved this Jello commercials, we couldn't get enough of them. The disappointment about hearing who he really was was so incredible did I still can't really process it. I see pictures of him on his old shows and I go that can't be true, that he did all those things. But that's what sociopath narcissists do, they're extremely charismatic and extremely convincing and he convinced us all he was one thing when he was evil incarnate on the inside. He didn't fool his friends because he didn't have any friends, he treated everybody he worked with like they were crap. But he sure fooled the public.

Does this look like a serial rapist to you.

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 22nd, 2024 at 5:16:13 AM permalink
Riverjordan
Threads: 23
I remember a Bill Cosby Fan defending him saying something like, Every single Woman who accused Bill Cosby of the crimes is LYING. Bill is innocent. I grew up watching Bill on TV and he was like a father to me. He's nice, kind, sweet, morally right, and I love him. All those lying Women should burn in hell!" A Poster replied something like,"So, you're defending Bill just because you grew up watching him on TV? You think he's a good guy because of the CHARACTERS he played on TV? WOW, what the hell is wrong with you?"
Alec Baldwin's gun should have been CGI. Would have prevented the tragedy. Facts.
Page 40 of 40« First<37383940