Page 1 of 401234>Last »
November 16th, 2014 at 2:10:26 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I loved this guy from his I Spy days
forward. Even before that we listened
for hours to his comedy albums.

What the frick?

http://pagesix.com/2014/11/16/cosbys-image-in-ruins-as-he-dodges-rape-claims-again/?_ga=1.105572611.104755837.1416095053

http://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2014/11/13/bill-cosby-raped-me-why-did-it-take-30-years-for-people-to-believe-my-story/
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 16th, 2014 at 2:39:45 PM permalink
Evenbob
I watched the video of the woman talking about
Cosby twice. It's chilling to think that while he
was pretending to be America's dad on TV, he
was this monster in private. Why does somebody
that smart and that talented and that wealthy
need to do that kind of thing. He can't even
blame it on his childhood, he was raised in a
two parent house, it's part of his comedy routine.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 16th, 2014 at 3:18:04 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
I'm confused. Granted, I was pretty tore up for much of the early 2000's, but how come I've never heard of this? With the complete lack of privacy and the ability to connect with anyone at once, why is this suddenly now a story, and not then?
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
November 16th, 2014 at 3:58:18 PM permalink
Evenbob
It was in People Mag in 2006 but he settled
out of court. Not that many details were known.
November 16th, 2014 at 7:40:56 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
A settlement can still be the cheapest way to stop what is utter blackmail unfounded in any fact whatsoever.
November 16th, 2014 at 8:09:04 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: Fleastiff
A settlement can still be the cheapest way to stop what is utter blackmail unfounded in any fact whatsoever.

That's funny. Clarence Thomas almost went down
because of a pubic hair on a Coke can, yet a legion
of unrelated women come forward with stories
about Cosby and there are no 'facts whatever'.

The woman in the video can gain zero from this
monetarily, and has a lot to lose. Does she seem
like a casual thrill seeker to to you?
November 17th, 2014 at 9:51:37 AM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Quote: Fleastiff

14 women have come forward, and most of these women went public long after the statute of limitations was up. In other words, most of them have no financial motive to be gained by making baseless false accusations. Perhaps all 14 of these women are liars, but I doubt it. Some of these women are choosing to remain anonymous, but some of these women are going on the record with their names & faces. The women who are giving their names might have a motive because they want fame & TV interviews. But the women who are remaining anonymous have no such motive. They just want to support the newer, recent victims because they want justice.

If I was filthy rich and had been unfairly accused of a minor transgression, (fender bender car accident) I might settle out of court just to keep from wasting my time. But if I had been unfairly accused of a serious crime like poisoning 14 women and raping their comatose bodies??? I would fight that fight loudly, and sue all these women for defamation of character. The fact that he's been secretly writing big check$ and refusing to debunk the allegations in public speaks volumes. He doesn't want to talk about it.

There are certainly other celebrities who have been accused of rape (Kobe Bryant, Rob Lowe, William Kennedy Smight, Mike Tyson, Roman Polanski). But there's not a single celebrity who's been accused by multiple victims. This is unprecedented. (Except for Michael Jackson, of course.)
November 17th, 2014 at 10:20:02 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Evenbob
I loved this guy from his I Spy days
forward.

One of my favorite show growing up was "The Bill Cosby Show" right after I Spy where he played a Gym Teacher.
Coolest opening theme song ever.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CV9koeB4WA
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 17th, 2014 at 10:34:14 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
I remember watching "Fat Albert"with him on Sat mornings as a kid. I always wondered why it never got picked up for more re-runs. Either it was too 1970s feeling or Bill had some residuals locked up to make it not profitable were my guesses.
The President is a fink.
November 17th, 2014 at 12:51:21 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: reno
14 women have come forward, and most of these women went public long after the statute of limitations was up. )

Bit of a strain to say you won't dignify answering 14 different accusations. Might work if it was 1 or 2.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
Page 1 of 401234>Last »