President Obama's Immigration Speech

Page 2 of 3<123>
November 21st, 2014 at 2:21:24 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: petroglyph

I will use Mexico and South America for examples. Going back at least a century, the US gov. and its directors [ the large corporations] have installed "tinpot" dictators in these countries. So, according to General Smedly Butler, who fought all over SA to make those countries safe for the fruit and rubber corporations, they leave these absolutely criminal Presidential dictators in charge of these countries for life. With enormous bribes being handed to the dictators, the corporations are allowed to pay slave wages to the hungry workers.

The dictators and slave wages were there long before United Fruit invented the Banana Republic.
The President is a fink.
November 21st, 2014 at 3:33:59 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: AZDuffman
Quote: petroglyph

I will use Mexico and South America for examples. Going back at least a century, the US gov. and its directors [ the large corporations] have installed "tinpot" dictators in these countries. So, according to General Smedly Butler, who fought all over SA to make those countries safe for the fruit and rubber corporations, they leave these absolutely criminal Presidential dictators in charge of these countries for life. With enormous bribes being handed to the dictators, the corporations are allowed to pay slave wages to the hungry workers.

The dictators and slave wages were there long before United Fruit invented the Banana Republic.

Sure, we could go back as far as the Mayans, but why the mass exodus now? Why so many seeking political asylum?

It seems more were content to stay within a few hundred kilometers of home like most civilizations. If there is enough food and water it is said deer won't wander 3 miles away from where they are born. I think it is generally similar with people.

The paltry wages have always been there but prices were low to compensate.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
November 21st, 2014 at 3:40:19 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
This is the kind of crap that is unbecoming of the President:

"Why I didn't dissolve the parliament," he said. "That's not how our system works. I didn't steal way the various clerks in the Senate and House who manage bills. They can still pass bills."

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2014/11/21/Obama-Mock-GOP-I-Didnt-Dissolve-Parliament

Just more spiking the ball. That is all he does well. He's the great ball spiker...
November 21st, 2014 at 4:24:37 PM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
All of these illegals will register as Democrats - this is being done to bolster the party, not the country.

Also, why do we need scripture? Would Obama appreciate scripture that promotes slavery?
November 21st, 2014 at 5:07:50 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
Senate Democrats passed a bill last year with support from 14 Republicans, that bill, along with the entire issue, hasn’t seen the light of day in the Republican-led House.

Bipartisan.

Aw. Rightwing sure is shrill. Rightwing FAIL.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 21st, 2014 at 5:45:35 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
I hadn't thought about it like this,,,,,however.

pods
pods's picture
The biggest threat is and has always been who controls the money supply.

As tough as it is to swallow, 5 million HonduriMexicIndians is pissing in the ocean.

The need to continually increase the amount of debt in the system is the reasoning behind all of these charades, from wars to immigration.

pods
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
November 21st, 2014 at 6:03:01 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: rxwine
Bipartisan.

Aw. Rightwing sure is shrill. Rightwing FAIL.

...and how did the Democrats controlling the House and Senate do at passing a bill when they could basically pass anything they wanted? Huge Democrat fail!

House, Senate, President...nothing...

Do you get it at all? It is because the President wants to do things that go beyond what Congress is willing to pass. The Senate was more moderate than the House, and the President was unwilling to work on a bill that would even have a shot at passing the House.

Those other elections we've had since he's been President? Elections have consequences. The people told President Obama to work with both sides, but he didn't listen. I guess elections only had consequences when he won...
November 21st, 2014 at 7:05:07 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: RonC
Do you get it at all?

One thing I get is Republicans can't continue to sit on their ass on this issue like they planned. Maybe they will only end up attacking Obama which would be about par for the course.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 21st, 2014 at 7:26:39 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
If I recall, during the time when the democrats 'controlled' both the house and the senate, the republicans prevented a vote on whatever they wanted by threats of secret filibusters. They didn't acutally have to do the filibuster, they just had to threaten, and since the democrats didn't have enough votes to end a filibuster, there was never a vote on a bill the republicans didn't like.

With the ability to cause that kind of obstruction, I don't know how Obamacare passed.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
November 23rd, 2014 at 2:26:17 AM permalink
rxwine
Page 2 of 3<123>