Movie Trailers

Page 1 of 3123>
November 24th, 2014 at 4:53:28 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
Saw the latest "Hunger Games" flick, and these were the trailers:

"Minions" - A sequel to the animated "Despicable Me" - looks fun for the kids, but I can't imagine sitting through 90 minutes of "Minion Talk".
"The Woman in Black 2" - Sequel to a supposedly scary movie that I didn't see, and really don't have much interest in. Seems a lot like "The Grudge"
"Cinderella" - Live action version of the Disney animated classic. I doubt they would stay true to the original story, and have the stepsister cut off her toes to fit into the slipper. I know how this one ends.
"Pitch Perfect 2" - Acapella comedy sequel to another movie that I had absolutely no interest in. A fat girl sings.
"The Hobbit: Battle of the 5 Armies" - I think this one is supposed to finally finish the series, but I didn't see the last one with Smaug since I am pretty burned out on Lord of the Rings movies.
"The Interview" - An original buddy comedy about a bumbling talkshow guy and his producer who are recruited by the CIA to kill the leader of North Korea... At least it is original. I think Mike Tyson's tiger from "The Hangover" is in it.
"Night at The Museum 3" - Sequel. Robin Williams is in it as Teddy Roosevelt. A monkey urinates on Owen Wilson. More than once.
"Mordecai" - An original comedy about a bumbling british aristocrat trying to save his estate from bankrupcy. Johnny Depp does his "Capt. Jack Sparrow" character in a different setting.
"Insurgent" - Sequel to "Divergent". An action/drama about a teen girl rebelling against an oppressive government in a dystopian universe.... (Wait, isn't that the, "Hunger Games"??) There is a house floating around "Wizard of Oz" style while the heroine attempts to save her mother.

Based on these trailers, it is going to be a long, boring Spring/Summer. Only two original scripts, and both for films that I have zero interest in.
November 24th, 2014 at 5:15:47 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Ayecarumba
"Cinderella" - Live action version of the Disney animated classic. I doubt they would stay true to the original story, and have the stepsister cut off her toes to fit into the slipper. I know how this one ends.

Like a movie musical??

I did rather like a version of Cinderella with Drew Barrymore some years ago. It had little details like a man being sent to work in the New World colonies, kings arranging marriages, etc.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
November 24th, 2014 at 5:53:53 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Quote: Nareed
Like a movie musical??

I did rather like a version of Cinderella with Drew Barrymore some years ago. It had little details like a man being sent to work in the New World colonies, kings arranging marriages, etc.

I don't recall any singing in the trailer. There were mice that were transformed into horses, and a pumpkin into a coach. The Fairy Godmother goes out of her way to mention that the glass slippers are, "very comfortable". There was a lot of emphasis on the relationship between "Ella" and her biological mother. But the rest seemed true to the animated version.

Being a full on Disney branded film, I fully expect a catchy tune in the soundtrack, even if it plays over the credits at the end.
November 24th, 2014 at 7:06:21 PM permalink
Nareed
Being a full on Disney branded film, I fully expect a catchy tune in the soundtrack, even if it plays over the credits at the end.

The cartoon musicals really started with Disney's animation rebirth with films like "The Little Mermaid" and "Beauty and the Beast." "Cinderella" was way before then, but as I recall it had some songs.

At that it sounds better than a modernized version. I guess there was no way Cinderella or the prince could arm themselves and do an action movie.
November 25th, 2014 at 1:16:00 PM permalink
Nareed
Will anyone pay the full admission price for a movie they don't want to see in order to watch the new Star Wars trailer?

Before anyone does, consider it will likely be online before seven days. For free.

I wonder if Disney should stream it on Google Play or Amazon at $2 a pop? They'd likely make a killing in the impulse buy market.
November 25th, 2014 at 1:35:57 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51

I wonder if Disney should stream it on Google Play or Amazon at $2 a pop? They'd likely make a killing in the impulse buy market.

Wow, I had no idea anyone would care enough about a trailer to pay for it.

I am completely disassociated with all pop culture (probably more so than EvenBob). I was speaking to my Mother In Law last night and found it shocking the the last movie she saw (theater, DVD, Netflix, TV) was Seabiscuit in 2003.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
November 25th, 2014 at 2:07:30 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Will anyone pay the full admission price for a movie they don't want to see in order to watch the new Star Wars trailer?

Before anyone does, consider it will likely be online before seven days. For free.

What's to keep these folks from buying a ticket, sitting through the trailer, than walking out and requesting a refund before the feature starts?
November 25th, 2014 at 2:09:40 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Quote: DRich
... I was speaking to my Mother In Law last night and found it shocking the the last movie she saw (theater, DVD, Netflix, TV) was Seabiscuit in 2003.
Did she see it in a theatre? Why that film?
November 25th, 2014 at 2:28:35 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: DRich
Wow, I had no idea anyone would care enough about a trailer to pay for it.

I am completely disassociated with all pop culture (probably more so than EvenBob). I was speaking to my Mother In Law last night and found it shocking the the last movie she saw (theater, DVD, Netflix, TV) was Seabiscuit in 2003.

Aren't trailers commercials?
Check youtube.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 25th, 2014 at 2:51:44 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Did she see it in a theatre? Why that film?

I didn't ask, but I know they used to own a few race horses.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
Page 1 of 3123>