For the Ladies

Page 2 of 3<123>
December 17th, 2014 at 3:31:50 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Making your bed when you wake up is like tying your shoes after you take them off.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
December 17th, 2014 at 3:37:05 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: FrGamble
Making your bed when you wake up is like tying your shoes after you take them off.

That's one of those confusing phrases like "If he were half as smart as he thinks he is, he'd be twice as smart as he really is."
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
December 17th, 2014 at 4:02:04 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: FrGamble

People used to live in one big room, so
making the bed was part of keeping
things tidy and making a place to sit
or work on things, like laundry. Now we
have our own bedrooms that others
seldom see, there is no need to make
up a bed, waste of time.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 17th, 2014 at 5:23:33 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Evenbob
People used to live in one big room, so
making the bed was part of keeping
things tidy and making a place to sit
or work on things, like laundry. Now we
have our own bedrooms that others
seldom see, there is no need to make
up a bed, waste of time.

Making a bed is a waste of time. But every night when I get home from work, I change the sheets. Too me one of the pleasures of life is going to bed in fresh sheets. Helps me sleep better. Just started doing this about 4 years ago. Up until 4 years ago, most of my vacations were camping vacations at music festivals. Few years ago started going back to Vegas on a regular basis. So nice to sleep in fresh sheets every night at a hotel. I figured, why not do this at home. Yea its a lot of laundry but after washing and drying, I don't fold, just quickly ball them up and stick them in the linen closet. Have a rotation of 4 sets of sheets.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 17th, 2014 at 6:00:34 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: terapined
But every night when I get home from work, I change the sheets. .

I change my sheets every two weeks, my
wife changes hers once a week. Every day,
every 2 weeks, the difference is in your
head.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 17th, 2014 at 7:25:56 PM permalink
Calder
Threads: 0
After 14 years, my wife and I generally have the division of labor worked out. That division is sometimes a source of amusement for family and friends, but it works for us. Some may ascribe it to reasonable compromise, others capitulation.

But I'll tell ya, when I was single, I knew where all my stuff was...
December 17th, 2014 at 7:59:25 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: Calder
A Some may ascribe it to reasonable compromise, others capitulation.

Compromise with a woman means you're
now doing it her way. I see as little of my
wife as possible, so I have to compromise
as little as possible.
December 18th, 2014 at 2:15:01 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Nesting instinct? Yet every now and then all the furniture has to be moved around to some new position.

One girl told the guy she was shacked up with to use a plate and not drop crumbs of breakfast pastry all over the rug. He complied. Once they were married, he stopped doing it. She filed for divorce.

Making the bed? Prisoners and soldiers have to make the bed. Husbands have put up with it but not always do it themselves.
The trouble here is that one of the many factors of longevity is "airing the bedding" and "airing the bedroom".

Counter tops and table tops have to clear of all useful objects such as hammers and screwdrivers but bedecked with useless items such as diagonal sashes or do=dads. Real world, utility and usefulness can not intrude on "the dollhouse" they are still playing with where everything is "just so".

Dog toys have to go into the dog toy basket. Do women ever tell that to the dog? No, only the Husband who is perfectly content to leave the dog toy in the middle of the living room where the dog left it two weeks ago.

Just look at mice, spiders, flies, bees that invade the home: its the female cat that kills them, not the male cat.
December 18th, 2014 at 6:42:15 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: terapined
Making a bed is a waste of time.

When I get home after a long, long, long, long day, I find the mere sight of a made bed to be comforting. Likewise upon arriving at a hotel after a long trip, or a long day's work out of town.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
December 18th, 2014 at 11:11:06 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: Nareed
When I get home after a long, long, long, long day, I find the mere sight of a made bed to be comforting. Likewise upon arriving at a hotel after a long trip, or a long day's work out of town.

Just wondering if the look of a made bed is so comforting why the high end hotels provide turn down service and spread flower parts and food on your pillows and sheets. It's kind of looks that way in morning when you get up. ;-)
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
Page 2 of 3<123>