The British Virgin Islands: Part II - Preview

Page 2 of 3<123>
January 7th, 2015 at 10:24:20 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Face

I've not heard of treasure.

Norman Island is where Robert Louis Stevenson was inspired to write the book Treasure Island.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
January 7th, 2015 at 11:09:53 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Then please do. You know, whenever you get bored. It might refresh some good memories for you =)

That was a great read Face. It did bring back lots of memories. I remember being moored and seeing some large fish just hanging around in the shadow of the boat. I immediately grabbed my mask and dove down to them to check them out. I had never seen such large fish being so docile and they didn't mind me swimming right up to them. When I surfaced everyone was yelling for me to get out of the water. I had no idea I was swimming face to face with barracuda.

Another point on the trip I took a dive down to check something out and about the time I was running out of air, a very large ray was passing about five feet overhead between me and the boat. I was nervous but learned you can hold your breath much longer when necessary.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
January 7th, 2015 at 12:16:18 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: DRich
I had no idea I was swimming face to face with barracuda.

about the time I was running out of air, a very large ray was passing about five feet overhead between me and the boat. I was nervous but learned you can hold your breath much longer when necessary.

Wow. I wish you adventurous types would make me your beneficiary.
January 7th, 2015 at 8:55:12 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Face, I finally finished your first travel escapades to the Virgin Islands the other day. Wow, sounds like a very cool time. Be careful and have fun, maybe you can commit to being sober for one day so we don't miss anything ;) Can't wait to read all about this one. God Bless ya and your companions!
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
January 8th, 2015 at 11:30:46 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: Fleastiff
Wow. I wish you adventurous types would make me your beneficiary.

You can have my $10,000 worth of total goods, but it comes with $15,000 worth of debt =)

Thanks for the compliments, everyone. No worries about me losing track this time. I'll be taking notes for this go around, and will likely increase pics and vids to keep it all straight.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
January 31st, 2015 at 12:34:43 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62

Thanks for the compliments, everyone. No worries about me losing track this time. I'll be taking notes for this go around, and will likely increase pics and vids to keep it all straight.
I've heard tell you are back amidst the snow flakes. What about those upclose pics of barracudas and the like? Did you get to tickle a Coconut Crab's belly?
January 31st, 2015 at 1:34:40 PM permalink
Face
Quote: Fleastiff
I've heard tell you are back amidst the snow flakes. What about those upclose pics of barracudas and the like? Did you get to tickle a Coconut Crab's belly?

Indeed I am back. The two feet of snow was inconsequential. It's the single digit temps that made things interesting. Something about simultaneous sunburn AND frostbite makes for a very peculiar feeling. Can't tell if it's pleasant or torturous. Probably a bit of both =)

I'm working on the media at all hours, and have been since I've returned home. It's just a lot of media to go through lol. Reckon it's about 1,500 pics and 70 vids I gotta sort and edit. Then my hard drive somehow came loose yesterday, which took several hours to troubleshoot and set me back even further. And while my PC is likely well overpowered for the task, there are downsides to living in the sticks, most notably my whopping 1Mbps upload speed >< In short, it's just taking a long time to prepare.

I'd estimate any writing is still a week out, and that's only if the others get their pics to me in a timely fashion. Then again, I am eager to write and may begin by doing things piecemeal. I dunno. Torn between time and quality.

Thanks for the interest =) I hope to begin ASAP.
January 31st, 2015 at 2:01:49 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146

Thanks for the interest =) I hope to begin ASAP.

Too long, my attention span has forced me
to wander elsewhere. Sorry..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 31st, 2015 at 2:46:10 PM permalink
Face
Quote: Evenbob
Too long, my attention span has forced me
to wander elsewhere. Sorry..

I think the chances of you having attention problems are about 0.5%. More likely, you're just trying to make me hurry up.

And, as usual, you always know how to push the right buttons =p

I've enough to start. I will do so now, though no promises it'll be ready to post prior to tonight's hockey. BOLO, it's coming...
January 31st, 2015 at 3:20:35 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
BOLO, it's coming...

1500 pics? Did you think you were working
for Discovery Channel? No naked pics of
fat people, please.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
Page 2 of 3<123>