God loves you. So what?

January 7th, 2016 at 11:26:37 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: FrGamble
Wow, that is sick and unhealthy. Newsflash you are not self sufficient. To think you are so is a diabolical disorder and I beg you to reconsider.

I'm still not getting this. What is sick
and unhealthy, being self sufficient?
It's diabolical? You realize you aren't
making any sense, right?
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 7th, 2016 at 12:54:21 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
However a perverted and dangerous type thinks that I do not need the help of others.

You nearly described me to a T.

I eschew assistance daily. There's something in my head that won't let me accept it. The evidence of this is all over this forum. Like when I had to reassemble my truck after I tore up my shoulder. There's something about doing for ones own self that I am drawn (if not forced) to. I let my mama help, for no other reason than I know she will hurt if I do not allow her to. But anyone else? It's a rare thing for me to even ask. Bringing up a problem in thread to discuss is about as close as I ever come to searching for assistance.

I won't say it's not without its negatives. I live a hard life, and a great deal of the difficulties I experience are of my own doing. My best fishing buddy does roofs on the side all the time; he would've been here in a NY minute had I asked. Instead, I slugged out the entire thing by myself. That's not easy. It's not easy putting my shoulder back in by myself when it falls out, or reinstalling a motor by myself, or digging a pond, or whatever, but that's how I roll.

Easy? Definitely not. Wise? Probably not that either. But perverted and dangerous? Lol.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
January 7th, 2016 at 1:34:44 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: Face
Easy? Definitely not. Wise? Probably not that either. But perverted and dangerous? Lol.

I don't get the perverted and dangerous
part either. Being self sufficient is what
this country was built on. John Wayne
made a career out of it.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 7th, 2016 at 3:27:10 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
perverted is probably an extreme adjective to use. I was referring to taking the good idea of self-sufficiency to an extreme, which is what I consider perversion to be. It is commonly used in regards to sexuality. We take a good thing like sex and take it to an extreme and call it a perversion. This is dangerous.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
January 7th, 2016 at 3:35:47 PM permalink
Evenbob
perverted is probably an extreme adjective to use. I was referring to taking the good idea of self-sufficiency to an extreme, which is what I consider perversion to be. It is commonly used in regards to sexuality. We take a good thing like sex and take it to an extreme and call it a perversion. This is dangerous.

I don't understand what any of this has
to do with me saying I'm self sufficient.
It's a good thing to be, as the Psychology
Today article pointed out.
January 7th, 2016 at 3:39:33 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: Evenbob

To do something only
you know about, be it good or bad,
and keep it to yourself. To share it
would not be a joy, it would take
away from the experience and make
it mundane and meaningless.

Quote:
It's nobodies damn business
but my own, it's my life, not somebody
elses. I'm not afraid and worried, what's
wrong with you. I like having secrets,
they're healthy, it keeps you self sufficient
and doesn't make you needy.

Reread these statements and ask a psychologist if they represent a healthy understanding of self-sufficiency.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
January 7th, 2016 at 3:54:41 PM permalink
Evenbob
Reread these statements and ask a psychologist if they represent a healthy understanding of self-sufficiency.

My secrets are my own, if I gave
them up they wouldn't be secrets
anymore, duh. My life is my life,
I'm not worried about anything.
I can see if you have issues you
might want to seek help, but I
have no issues. You seem to have
a major problem with people
living the life they want to live.
Why is that.
January 8th, 2016 at 2:22:21 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
As they say Confession is good for the soul. What is diabolical is the idea that you should keep things hidden and locked away in the dark where it festers and haunts you. Bring this stuff into the light if not to Confession then to a good friend, a loved one, or a counselor. I am very serious when I say that what you are expressing is one of the most harmful ways the evil ones keeps us in his control. Be not afraid, no matter what you have done keeping things to yourself only harms yourself and keeps you afraid and worried.
Doesn't the Catholic church keep secrets? It doesn't seem like they can stay out of the paper for a week without some other travesty being exposed. I have to say, you lecturing Bob or anyone else about secrets seems a little bizarre.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
January 8th, 2016 at 2:39:10 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: petroglyph
I have to say, you lecturing Bob or anyone else about secrets seems a little bizarre.

The Church is the most secretive on
the planet, always has been. They
just don't like secrets being withheld
from them, that they cannot stand.
It's why confession was started, no
matter what FrG says to the contrary.
What better way to keep track of what
everyone is up to than forcing them
to confess. Most Catholics have figured
it out, 90% of them no longer go to
confession.
January 8th, 2016 at 3:04:52 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Evenbob
The Church is the most secretive on
the planet, always has been. They
just don't like secrets being withheld
from them, that they cannot stand.
It's why confession was started, no
matter what FrG says to the contrary.
What better way to keep track of what
everyone is up to than forcing them
to confess. Most Catholics have figured
it out, 90% of them no longer go to
confession.

I have a couple secrets and I'm not haunted at all about them. As a matter of fact they are some of my fondest memory's.

I can see where knowing somebody's deepest, personal secrets could easily be misused. Why not just eliminate the middle man and talk directly to God about it?

Experiencing and witnessing enough abuse will give a person trust issues, imo.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW