Do it yourself

October 20th, 2015 at 4:33:36 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: Ayecarumba

Check out this video

Can you say m#$%^#f#$%ing c#$% on DT? Cuz I just said it six times at home ><

That's it. I guarantee that's it. Perfectly explains it and mirrors exactly what's been happening. Thanks for that, Aye.

Had to laugh at "As you can see, this is rusted beyond what is normal functioning". Lol. Looks like a quality piece to me. I'd show you mine when I get it off, but most of it flaked off and is sitting in the school parking lot =p
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
October 20th, 2015 at 5:53:50 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
You are very welcome. Just be careful when you pop the latch off, as the tire is going to drop right on top of you laying under the truck.
October 24th, 2015 at 7:01:45 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Saw this on Pintrest, not sure how to make one without the reverse image. Any ideas? Face?

The President is a fink.
October 25th, 2015 at 9:58:37 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Do it yourself feature this week. (like I was going to do one a week or something)

Hamster mansion. 3 stories. Might be living better than some humans. There's a related video that explores in more detail.

Never had a hamster. Probably never will.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 1st, 2015 at 7:01:53 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I thought of this one the other day while I was at a highway rest area. I sat down at one of their complimentary picnic tables and even though there wasn't food on the table there were ants running around on it, I suppose anticipating the next sandwich.

So, you get 4 large jar lids, fill them with water and stick them under the picnic table legs. Ant moats. Then you extinguish all the current occupiers.

Of course, the real problem is probably the fly. Motion detection laser beams aren't quite practical though would be useful at taking them out.

Have to work out the "bugs" on that one. 'rimshot'
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 1st, 2015 at 7:07:44 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: rxwine
I thought of this one the other day while I was at a highway rest area. ....

So, you get 4 large jar lids, fill them with water and stick them under the picnic table legs. Ant moats.
And if people didn't have to keep their male dogs on leashes, they could keep the lids full.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
November 2nd, 2015 at 11:05:45 AM permalink
Face
Quote: AZDuffman
Saw this on Pintrest, not sure how to make one without the reverse image. Any ideas? Face?

I missed this earlier.

God... things like this hurt my brain. I'm "this close" to saying yes, but I can't figure out the one side. It almost seems like it's fake. The two front, vertical pieces are easy, it's the vertical in the back that's got me messed up. It can't be attached to the back of the bottom, but the side of the top. Can it? And the shadows don't match... I'm thinking this is shopped =/
November 2nd, 2015 at 3:43:50 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Face

I missed this earlier.

God... things like this hurt my brain. I'm "this close" to saying yes, but I can't figure out the one side. It almost seems like it's fake. The two front, vertical pieces are easy, it's the vertical in the back that's got me messed up. It can't be attached to the back of the bottom, but the side of the top. Can it? And the shadows don't match... I'm thinking this is shopped =/

It was on Pintrist (oh, did I tell you thanks for showing me that site to find too much stuff to do? :-) ) Amazon, so I am thinking it is real. I think I can hack it but need to borrow a table saw and buy a joiner. Of course if I do it I will share here. First I need to break out my old geometry to get the angles--a^2 + b^2 = c^2!
The President is a fink.
November 2nd, 2015 at 3:44:25 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I have a box of chrome car trim. It might be stainless
steel. It's 38" long, 1 1/4", I have 48 of them they
look like the longer ones in the pic. This stuff isn't
cheap, usually from $15-$50 a strip, depending on
the vehicle. I would sell them but I have zero idea
what vehicle they go on.

I'd like to re-purpose them, anybody got any ideas?

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 2nd, 2015 at 5:21:03 PM permalink
Face

It was on Pintrist (oh, did I tell you thanks for showing me that site to find too much stuff to do? :-) ) Amazon, so I am thinking it is real. I think I can hack it but need to borrow a table saw and buy a joiner. Of course if I do it I will share here. First I need to break out my old geometry to get the angles--a^2 + b^2 = c^2!

As much as I really, really, REALLY (really) hate to say it,... I just can't do it.

Wait... I think I got it. I thought it was three vertical pieces; it's actually four. The back side is a mirror of the front. What I thought to be shadow (the upper section of the rear vertical) is actually two pieces. If you follow the line of the "shadow", you can see where it terminates on the bottom. You can see the split and, just barely, the difference of shade of stain in the two pieces.

Two squares and four acute triangles. Staple and glue. It'll probably take you four hours to make the first one, and 10 minutes to make every one after that lol. If you can do the front part using the two triangular verticals, just spin it 180 and repeat. Viola!

(Told you Pinterest was awesome =))