The constraints of being a Curmudgeon on health and welfare.

May 17th, 2017 at 12:17:34 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
I'm surprised you shop there, given the number of foreign and particularly Chinese products that they sell there.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
May 17th, 2017 at 1:54:08 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Evenbob
I eata lot of canned stuff, like sardines and
salmon and sauerkraut & beans and chicken.
Do you ever eat home canned meat or fish? Is that pink or Sockeye salmon your getting?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
May 17th, 2017 at 2:07:01 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Stuff I can myself? I'm not that insane,
that stuff can kill you. I get canned
Alaskan salmon, $2.39 at Walmart.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 17th, 2017 at 2:14:16 PM permalink
petroglyph
Stuff I can myself? I'm not that insane,
that stuff can kill you. I get canned
Alaskan salmon, $2.39 at Walmart.
I have canned my own since the early 80's. Much better product.
May 17th, 2017 at 2:38:41 PM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Just drive to Walmart and get one for 60
bucks and put it in yourself. Easy peasy.

Last time I priced Walmart batteries they were around $100 like Autozone and other discount stores.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
May 17th, 2017 at 3:45:33 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
I just drank some radioactive water infused with sap of the birch tree. Great stuff. Unfortunately, I could only afford 200ml of it.
May 17th, 2017 at 6:17:31 PM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Quote: Fleastiff
I just drank some radioactive water infused with sap of the birch tree. Great stuff. Unfortunately, I could only afford 200ml of it.

I'm not sure what this thread is about. I thought I knew, but now I don't.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
May 17th, 2017 at 7:49:30 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: JimRockford
I'm not sure what this thread is about. I thought I knew, but now I don't.
I'm not sure what its about either. I think its largely about how poverty and my curmudgeonly nature affects my medical care and quality of life. For instance the radioactive water... I would have liked 400 ml at least but could only afford 200ml. I got a ticker that goes tock far too often, but can't afford a decent quack. My brain is an utter sieve so sometimes I can't stay on track. I try to practice my addition from time to time, but I still can't master it. I loathe poverty. Maybe I'll even get around to revealing how I took up gambling and how I became a mass murderer.
May 17th, 2017 at 8:06:41 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: Fleastiff
I'm not sure what its about either. I think its largely about how poverty and my curmudgeonly nature affects my medical care and quality of life. For instance the radioactive water... I would have liked 400 ml at least but could only afford 200ml. I got a ticker that goes tock far too often, but can't afford a decent quack. My brain is an utter sieve so sometimes I can't stay on track. I try to practice my addition from time to time, but I still can't master it. I loathe poverty.
I wonder how much radiation is too much? I am scared to have any more, it seems like I have had a lifetimes worth in the last year.

I had to have a couple xrays last week and I noticed they started putting warnings on the questionaire about how serious radiation is and patients shouldn't take getting xrays lightly. I wonder how many sieverts I'm packing around with me?

If you aren't picky about how strong it is, maybe some technician will slip you a few curies out the side door?
May 17th, 2017 at 8:36:07 PM permalink
Fleastiff
How many sieverts you got?
Ask Zach Gresham, after being graduated with a history major from a college in Indiana, he chose to teach English in northern Japan where he met a fellow English teacher who was a Kiwi recently returned from sunny Croatia. Nature soon took its course and when an earthquake/tsunami took place he spent two days walking on unstable rubble thru fires and smoke to find her in a nearby seaside village that had been devestated. Enroute to finding her he realized that she was not just a friend but was going to be his wife. When the US Air Force contacted him for evacuation from the radiation they told him US Citizens only and so he decided to stay in the radiation plume and take his chances; he would not leave the woman he loved.
Just recently scientists released an estimate of how much extra radiation each and every person in the world received from Fukishima.

I actually ingested the water for its birch sap the radiation was due to my poverty level.

Some people with joint diseases do sit in a mine that has high radiation levels and swear that it is curative. It seems their knees improve but glow in the dark or something.