The constraints of being a Curmudgeon on health and welfare.

April 4th, 2019 at 6:09:41 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Fleastiff
In truth I did indeed have charging problems but also had to hide the phone. I've always been interested in law and justice. Read bankruptcy law in grade school, joined NY civil Liberties Union in 7th grade, wanted to be an Adminidtrative Law Judge in 9th grade, sky high LSAT scores, worked as paralegal and then was an attorney in Seattle. Active in McMartin Day Care, assisted communication, Fells Acres, the Wenatchee Witchhunt, several foreign miscarriages of justice, etc. Not a life indicative of someone who came close to going out by getting a shank and doing a 187 to some Quacks.

Anyway, i'm back in the poorhouse and too broke to buy a scale. I let my friend know that if I suffer a relapse, that's it. I'm not going back to Medical Hell. I'd indict a zookeeper who ran a place that bad!
Wenatchee , E. Wenatchee Cashmere Cle Elum E. Burg was all good country in the 70's.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
April 4th, 2019 at 6:52:21 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
A while ago a friend bought me groceries and its a great amount of fruit. So one meal was five tangelos and an apple. Another meal was one Veggie burger (no bun or condiments). How can I feel so sleepy after two meals with very few calories?

You just ate more pure sugar than
I eat in a year. Plus it's fructose,
the absolute worst sugar you can
eat if you have diabetes. It makes
your pancreas go crazy making
insulin and you might even pass
out from all the insulin sucking
all the sugar out of your bloodstream.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 4th, 2019 at 11:22:19 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Can't let it spoil. it was a gift and I can't afford to take a taxi to a store or something.
today however will be oatmeal, then boca burger then some veggie steamers such as carrots or something, then one of those microwaved lean cuisines or the like.
no fruit.

I do have a bag of lentils but don'tknow what goes with them.
And ive got tons of beans and some soups
got pasta but want to avoid it as well as avoid the sugary spaghetti sauce.

can go back to my canned vegetables and tuna/chicken/salmon in a frying pan but want to avoid cooking and cleaning if possible.

that is why fruit is so tempting: no cooking, no cleanup.
April 5th, 2019 at 7:41:25 AM permalink
Fleastiff
So how am I doing so far?

oatmeal 100 calories
protein 4g
total carbs 18g
sugars 0

veggie burger 100 calories
fat 4g
total carbs 6g
sugars1g
protein 13g

add about 100 calories of peanut butter.

its not all those bills that are the problem; its those late fees and non-payment penalties that accrued during my hospital and rehabilitation ordeal, but at least i'm still alive to pay them. Looks like i'll have $14.26 to my name on May 1.

addendum: I am pretty much at a 1,000 calories a day diet, sometimes upping it to 1,200.
I just wish the county poorhouse would spring for a scale..
April 8th, 2019 at 7:04:01 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Okay, FrGamble, you know I don't believe in the efficacy of prayer but I just ate half a box of rotini an half a can of tomato paste and I really can not resume such dietary habits since I must lose weight not gain it. I finally figured out my problems with Amazon and have ordered a digital scale so I can find out how I am doing. I lost about 90 to 100 pounds during my medical ordeal and I really do want to continue to lose weight rather than gain it back.

With Amazon if I lie they give me free shipping whereas if I tell the truth they charge me about ten dollars for shipping. I trust that you have no moral qualms about my continuing to lie to Amazon.
April 9th, 2019 at 2:08:51 PM permalink
Fleastiff
I lost about 90 to 100 pounds during my medical ordeal and I really do want to continue to lose weight rather than gain it back.
Digital Scale arrived and in two weeks of extreme dieting, I've lost 0.3 pounds!
I can not believe it.
NEWS FLASH: Moving the scale off the carpet and removing my shoes has shown my weight loss to have been 6.0 pounds!!
April 9th, 2019 at 8:37:39 PM permalink
Fleastiff
backin the poorhouse, but with a significant rent increase. quacks billed the heck out of medicare for my "treatment". my memory is slowly returning but I still cant figure out how to use my laptop properly such as how to save pages or where to save them. Still suffer from post prandial somnolence. Still weigh too much but I am down 100 pounds.
April 19th, 2019 at 4:58:20 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Slowly things are getting better with my brain. I am eating too much and probably gaining weight. Had a half-can of beets and a great big spoonful of peanut butter for dinner. Nowhere near enough walking today. My main exercise was restoring my clock after half a dozen power failures. Hope to get use of a vehicle over the weekend. Need to get far more done but all I do is fall into a stupor after even small, sugar-free meals Poverty, a mental fog and post-prandial somnolence seem to be inescapable. Task attention seems extremely limited.
April 20th, 2019 at 5:16:11 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
I think I am on your track this weekend. Got a bad tooth the root is killing me. I must have been tired yesterday as I visited my mother and she made me take a nap. Said I looked all worn out and even my skin looked purple. More or less slept all of the last 12 hours. Still feel like crap, just not tired.
The President is a fink.
May 14th, 2019 at 6:07:33 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: AZDuffman
Said I looked all worn out and even my skin looked purple.
Did you know that the poverty-stricken hollows of Tennessee hid several generations of a Scotch-Irish family whose skin was blue throughout their lives? A desperate doctor tried injections of methylene blue and it worked to rid the victims of this malady.

My poverty prevents me from getting vitamins or potable water. I live on the Meals on Wheels juice which is a two ounce sized cup of sugar water. No one in the county poorhouse drinks the tap water here. Some don't even wash their dishes in the tap water. Yet I am marooned with no way to get to a grocery store. It will be the 24th before the food bank people distribute any large sized sugar-laden juice but that is usually gone by 11:00am and my 2 ounces of juice doesn't get here until 11;15am so I cant get to the food bank location early enough.

All that time in wound care, I had to eat tiny portions of junk food mostly cheese based unpalatable stuff or things like ice cream with nothing but sugar and glue in it, now I got some arginine tablets. Even a one percent increase in arginine intake does wonders for wound healing, be it diabetic mouse or diabetic man.

One toke over the line sweet Jesus...Nah, I was never much of a pothead but the exuberance of the song always struck me. Now, I have had some truly potable water. No metallic taste at all. I think back to first Guinness, first crème d'menthe, ... and it all pales. I have gout so calcium laden water is bad for me; it's such a joy to have made it to a grocery store and obtained relatively good water. Next check: milk thistle, Gummar,etc.