The constraints of being a Curmudgeon on health and welfare.

January 25th, 2019 at 2:53:14 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: Fleastiff
used to get 1400 a month in EBT food stamos, no more though. no funding.
that Is fourteen a month

no I think 74 too tired to figure it out. 1946 to now....you know I do math on my fingers.

someone brought me a discarded walker just awhile ago
January 25th, 2019 at 3:42:42 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
If you have to use Uber to go to
the store, a big tipper you ain't.
Take it from an ex cab driver,
grocery store runs are the worst.

My first job I hated the cabs at the store. Checker propane jobs, stunk to hell. Drivers never shut them off.
The President is a fink.
January 25th, 2019 at 4:21:33 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
My first job I hated the cabs at the store. Checker propane jobs, stunk to hell. Drivers never shut them off.

If the dispatcher didn't like you he'd
give you grocery store runs all day.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 13th, 2019 at 3:38:01 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
I hope Fleastiff isn't lying on the floor with a dozen feral felines dining on him?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
February 13th, 2019 at 3:49:05 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: petroglyph
I hope Fleastiff isn't lying on the floor with a dozen feral felines dining on him?

He visited today but hasn't posted
since last week.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 14th, 2019 at 9:33:12 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: Evenbob
He visited today but hasn't posted since last week.
Don't have much to say, out of pain meds so I am getting to the point where I would welcome the feral felines.
February 22nd, 2019 at 2:13:55 PM permalink
Fleastiff
I guess I won't be making Spring Fling, I've been formally advised to put my affairs in order although i've also been told to remain hopeful.

One caregiver agency expressed concern and insisted on photographing the multiple open constantly weeping wounds.

i was rx'd a lymphedema pump on 01/22 and asked that my legs be re-bandaged while awaiting its arrival, this was refused and nurse
insisted the weeping wounds be exposed. Meanwhile an Rx was sent for a lymphedemia pump via a HHC company that refuses to deal with medicare
i called medicare and obtained an out of service HHC that would process medicare forms and give a device for a OTO charge that while high was manageable.
the primary refused to deal with that firm, would not change Edema to Lymphedema and would not bandage my legs in the interim.
Primary sent the papers to a HHC firm that sell software and consulting services to HHC companies and never supplies equipment to patients.
Meanwhile as Primary care personnel are literally screaming at my selected provider, the wounds are getting worse as i exude a trail of slimy fluids
from sole, ankle, calves, etc. as open wounds grow in number and severity. if i sit, its painful, standing is painful and lying down isnot only painful
but soaks the bedsheets making it impossible to sleep. Primary keeps screaming and refusing bandages; i keep sliding on dangerously slippery floors

now it seems i will get an appointment for Tuesday morning but am reminded that its a long drawn out process for medicare and that i should make a will.

i never did like the primary. i arrived in Florida with a diagnosis of pheochromocytoma from the institutes of health in Bethesda, MD. but primary refused to even consider it or do any testing.

i emailed the primary complaining of a diabetic crisis wherein i was swilling fluids compulsively. Received no advice until despite my travel limitations i made it to the office where i was told i had oral thrush and rx'd steroids. later that night received a phone call saying i would noy make it thru the night and despite my passing in and out of consciousness, should drive myself37 miles to an ER. I decided it was preferable to die where i was rather than kill some young couple on the road. Somehow i managed to make it to the morning.

When unable to pay a $17.90 lab bill i got booted out: no rx's, no appointments, no nothing despite being on rat poison at the time. was three years without any doctor until i had my next heart attack with just medicare its hard to switch doctors.
February 22nd, 2019 at 2:20:03 PM permalink
Fleastiff
sure wish I had tipped to that sandwhich and magnetic/ultrasound device sooner. not all my problems stem from that but many do.

i'm already in the county poorhouse so I don't expect great medical care but don't see why it has to be this bad.
February 22nd, 2019 at 2:32:55 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Fleastiff
sure wish I had tipped to that sandwhich and magnetic/ultrasound device sooner. not all my problems stem from that but many do.
Wait, what ultrasound device? I use one, are they bad?

Quote:
i'm already in the county poorhouse so I don't expect great medical care but don't see why it has to be this bad.
There might still be time to become Islamic and hook up with all those virgins?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
February 22nd, 2019 at 2:57:00 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: petroglyph
Wait, what ultrasound device?
see the treason thread