Supergirl one of the worst failures in DC comic book history

Page 3 of 3<123
March 9th, 2016 at 9:27:36 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: Evenbob
I remember in the 90's, Xena: Warrior Princess had a huge lesbian following..

So what? Who was that Hollywood producer when told the characters were Lesbians replied "So what. We will film them as Americans"

Lesbians have skin. You can show that skin in the movie. Lesbians can engage in all sorts of activities ... you can show alot of that in the film too. Teenage males, even if straight, still will pay for and enjoy seeing a female's flesh much less seeing it in some sort of simultated or suggested action.

Movies like that should eventually make money... they just need a truly supporting cast or it becomes solely one girl on the screen
March 14th, 2016 at 2:35:55 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
Ally McBeal is bringing Supergirl down. Her "Fem Perry White" character is just irritating. Instead of a "Flash" crossover, they really need to bring out the big guy... Superman to save this show.
March 14th, 2016 at 3:51:36 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Ayecarumba
Ally McBeal is bringing Supergirl down. Her "Fem Perry White" character is just irritating. Instead of a "Flash" crossover, they really need to bring out the big guy... Superman to save this show.

Judging by the ratings at the end of February, it probably won't get renewed (unless Flash crossover brings in big audience). Supergirl is losing to the big reality shows (as expected), but it has same number of 18-49 viewers as Gotham on fox.

Mon 02/29/2016 8:00PM
20-09: 2.51 18-49 8.171 million The Bachelor ABC
xx-xx: 3.39 18-49 13.332 million The Voice NBC
02-12: 1.46 18-49 4.124 million Gotham Fox
01-15: 1.39 18-49 6.690 million Supergirl CBS

But within CBS on Monday night it has the lowest ratings of the evening. I think networks like to have the highest ratings at 8PM because many viewers stay on the channel.

Mon 02/29/2016 CBS all evening
01-15: 1.39 18-49 6.690 million Supergirl
02-18: 1.51 18-49 9.228 million Scorpion
07-17: 1.23 18-49 7.942 million NCIS Los Angeles
March 14th, 2016 at 4:16:04 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
There's a new Superman v. Batman (with Wonder Woman making an appearance) movie coming out soon. Perhaps that will create some cross over interest.

I'm a little surprised to see Scorpion holding steady. For a show about smart people, that show could use some good ideas. There was one episode where the solution to the night's problem was to go up in a high altitude helium balloon. Through the magic of television, they were able to inflate the balloon, a task that would take several hours in the real world, in less than an hour.

Or last night, I saw a re-run of an episode where a high rise building's security system wouldn't let anyone out, even though the place was on fire. The doors were made of glass. C'mon people, it doesn't take a 180 IQ to drive a police car though the glass. Instead they show some firemen trying to cut the bolt off between the doors with their chop saw. So dumb.
March 14th, 2016 at 4:26:42 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Or last night, I saw a re-run of an episode where a high rise building's security system wouldn't let anyone out, even though the place was on fire. The doors were made of glass. C'mon people, it doesn't take a 180 IQ to drive a police car though the glass. Instead they show some firemen trying to cut the bolt off between the doors with their chop saw. So dumb.

Or at least say something like "It's bulletproof glass" right? "It would take a tank to break it," or something.

Now, how many people do you think work in office buildings? One feature in even small ones, is that all electronic locks, and there are plenty, get deactivated in case of fire. This is for the very sane reason that in a fire you want people to evacuate quickly.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
March 14th, 2016 at 4:43:04 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068

What was the dialogue like. "This building is made of glass so we will have to watch our friends burn to death. If only there was something we could do!"

I watched a few episodes of that show last season, but the plot holes really started bugging me.
Page 3 of 3<123