The Insanity of the United States Postal Service

May 21st, 2016 at 1:20:45 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Face
Only caveat, the delivery requires a detour to AZ to snatch up petro and the break-in will be completed by us in the Mint 400.

Almost had it, petro! Just gotta find the right sucke...err... customer ;)
It would be an honor Face. I will throw down for some fuel, as long as it gets at least 2 miles to the gallon. [est. ; )]

Clock is ticking, though. The Grem does look pretty bad ass, maybe needs a blower sticking up out of the hood? j/k What is the running gear, Toyota land Cruiser?

Have you ever seen oil bath air cleaners? Or are we going K&M?

edit; the pumpkins look small?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
May 21st, 2016 at 1:57:27 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: DRich
You are thinking too small. Let's build something nicer and run it in the Baja 1000. I can probably arrange some sponsor money from Monster Energy.

You are thinking you're talking to a reasonable human being. You CANNOT give me this...

...you just can't. Not even "down the road and back". You can trust me with your wife, your daughter. Trust me to house sit for 6 months or trust me to sail you around the Carib all by me onesies. Solid as a rock. But you can't hand me keys. You hand me keys for something fun and it's coming back broken. That's a Good Enough Guarantee XD

For rallye, I'd need something like this...

"Modulating", as in the throttle, is for gaining and/or maintaining control only. Otherwise, it's nothing but a switch, and it's a switch I leave ON. No joke, I have like an actual mental problem with this. So many wheelers I put over backwards because, though in a wheelie, I was about to be passed and could not let off. Just look at my rookie year of racing. Twice I piled into the wall knowing full well I was gonna hit it, but I just couldn't let up. If I let up, I get passed, and F#$% THAT. I'd rather tear up the ride than let off. Hell with "rather", I just can't do it.

A high toned 1600cc buggy would be fine, I can just put a rock on the gas pedal and wheel that sumbitch. Or maybe a Stock, or entry Mod. Put me in Unlimited and you'll find out what unlimited means (Hint: it your bill for repairs. And my medical. And petro's PTSD counseling, if not his GD funeral XD)

Quote: petroglyph
It would be an honor Face. I will throw down for some fuel, as long as it gets at least 2 miles to the gallon. [est. ; )]

Clock is ticking, though. The Grem does look pretty bad ass, maybe needs a blower sticking up out of the hood? j/k What is the running gear, Toyota land Cruiser?

Have you ever seen oil bath air cleaners? Or are we going K&M?

If I ever find myself with the wherewithal to make it there, fuel will not be an issue =)

I have no idea what that thing sits on. I'm very un-savvy when it comes to AMC, but I think they came to be specifically to compete with the Big 3. If so, that means they didn't share and all but eliminates a straight bolt up to a Ranger or S-10.

I could be talking out of my ass, but I almost think they did eventually partner with Jeep, back when it was Jeep/Eagle. Maybe an Eagle chassis? A Wrangler? If we're putting money down, mines on Wrangler. It appears that a stout fart would tip it over, so it's gotta be a Wrangler ;) I can't imagine someone would go through the fab to mate that to something it didn't fit on. Then again, probably no one would expect that I'm rolling around in a $10k CRX that's so rough it can't even be scrapped =p

Oh, and I don't worry about air cleaners. I don't even run them. Ain't no dust when you're P1 ;)
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
May 21st, 2016 at 2:30:33 PM permalink
petroglyph
if not his GD funeral XD)
The Pyre will be fine, thanks....

Quote:
If I ever find myself with the wherewithal to make it there, fuel will not be an issue =)
Barrels along the route can get costly. How about if I throw in a couple hookers ? kidding, sorta

Quote:
I have no idea what that thing sits on. I'm very un-savvy when it comes to AMC, but I think they came to be specifically to compete with the Big 3. If so, that means they didn't share and all but eliminates a straight bolt up to a Ranger or S-10.

I could be talking out of my ass, but I almost think they did eventually partner with Jeep, back when it was Jeep/Eagle. Maybe an Eagle chassis? A Wrangler? If we're putting money down, mines on Wrangler. It appears that a stout fart would tip it over, so it's gotta be a Wrangler ;)
In they're Jeep years, they had "Warn" running gear which is about as tough as it came. If they stuck a s-10 under it, just shoot it on your next drive by.

Quote:
Oh, and I don't worry about air cleaners. I don't even run them. Ain't no dust when you're P1 ;)
Gots to clean the air on the Baja, can't see the trail often from, "Haboobs", and the infinite possibility we might be in second for a little while? We need strategy and tact never mind couth.
May 21st, 2016 at 6:01:04 PM permalink
Face
Quote: petroglyph

In they're Jeep years, they had "Warn" running gear which is about as tough as it came. If they stuck a s-10 under it, just shoot it on your next drive by.

If it's an S-10 there's no need. It's already dead =p
August 16th, 2016 at 11:22:43 AM permalink
Face
It's pol season (which SHOULD mean we can shoot the mf'ers) so mail is non stop garbage. Just sheet after sheet of high gloss, super sticky, static to hell and stick to everything ads for one bell end or another. These things send me right into the red and beyond because they just f#$% everything up with their stickiness. After about the 10th straight day of all this s#$%, I read one, if just to attach a name and face to my desire to engage in severe physical punishment. And you know what I read on it?

"Designed, created, and distributed using your tax dollars"

Someone grab the haldol before I go full Kaczynski.

First, educate me. Isn't there some law about pols and the media, that being that all must have equal opportunity for air time? I vaguely recall something to that effect, and just wanted clarification, if anyone knows.

Second,... how in every single f#$% there is can these asshats use money that was stolen from me under the threat of violence and use it for the sole purpose of furthering their own personal careers? I mean, think: OK, it's bulk, so it's "discounted". But these are oversized, double sided, full gloss, super thick paper. I get 800 of the sons of bitches a day, and I've had them for one cs'er or another for at least a week, and the volume is still increasing. How many are 800 of these at "discount" prices? Now multiply that by... 42. That's the number of routes in just my office. So how many is 34,000 of these pieces of garbage? Not to mention the USPS cost of delivering them. Or maybe figure that they go to every single household, including those which are abandoned, including those which are currently under construction, including those which are only lots of f#$%ing trees but have an address cuz it's part of a development.

Q: HOW MUCH DOES ALL OF THIS COST?
A: Who cares. Ain't our money.
August 16th, 2016 at 12:13:18 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
How come so many women who work
for the PO weigh 300 pounds.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 16th, 2016 at 4:24:17 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

First, educate me. Isn't there some law about pols and the media, that being that all must have equal opportunity for air time? I vaguely recall something to that effect, and just wanted clarification, if anyone knows.

Congressmen and Senators can mail things for free. Free to them, somewhere the tab is being taken up, I would guess as a check to the USPS. USPS is not "air time" as I would guess, even then the only equality I know of is that when you buy ads over the air you always get the lowest rate card rate for any political ad.

Quote:
Second,... how in every single f#$% there is can these asshats use money that was stolen from me under the threat of violence and use it for the sole purpose of furthering their own personal careers? I mean, think: OK, it's bulk, so it's "discounted". But these are oversized, double sided, full gloss, super thick paper. I get 800 of the sons of bitches a day, and I've had them for one cs'er or another for at least a week, and the volume is still increasing. How many are 800 of these at "discount" prices? Now multiply that by... 42. That's the number of routes in just my office. So how many is 34,000 of these pieces of garbage? Not to mention the USPS cost of delivering them. Or maybe figure that they go to every single household, including those which are abandoned, including those which are currently under construction, including those which are only lots of f#$%ing trees but have an address cuz it's part of a development.

Don't look at me, I disowned my country and gave up all hope early last month. The public does not care if a pol is a criminal as long as the pol is "their criminal." 47% of the people love money being taken at the point of a gun because they benefit from it. You and I may be in a contest as to who has the darkest outlook here.
The President is a fink.
August 17th, 2016 at 9:07:16 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
What ordinary people refer to as "cancelling" a stamp is known as "franking". Free franking privileges go to all members of Congress so instead of a stamp its merely their rubber-stamped signature.

Air time is regulated by the FCC but only licensees, the broadcasters, are subject to it, not the networks. And only the broadcast networks.

Nobody reads junk mail, but it makes great Winter Time fire logs in cold Alaskan cabins. Doesn't burn too hot but it sure burns for a long time. Great in a rocket couch that terminates in a cook stove.

Those too old to chop wood often burn junk mail during the Winter.

It was so much easier when a politician just needed to buy a big keg of booze to win an election.
August 17th, 2016 at 9:44:52 AM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: Fleastiff
Nobody reads junk mail, but it makes great Winter Time fire logs in cold Alaskan cabins. Doesn't burn too hot but it sure burns for a long time. Great in a rocket couch that terminates in a cook stove.

Those too old to chop wood often burn junk mail during the Winter.
Obviously you haven't heated with wood.
August 28th, 2016 at 8:53:26 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Will this story have a pic of Face in it next time?

http://thesmokinggun.com/buster/los-angeles/undelivered-mail-bust-028934
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.