The Insanity of the United States Postal Service

September 13th, 2016 at 5:19:23 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Face
I got a vague explanation from the other supe, something about delivering an unscanned package and returning with a scanned one, as if I just swapped them on accident. Worth punishment? I guess. But how freaking long would it take out of your day to just run that by me? I understand "I don't have time". I won't ask for you to explain further or begin to argue the point right there. JUST TELL ME WHAT I DID. Takes 9 seconds.

It reminds me of what I heard of the UAW. Their master-contract has a Table of Contents that is something like 20 pages long! Just the Table of Contents! Imagine working in that kind of a system.

Remember, so many people have jobs that depend on the friction that you just described. Union and management alike. They love it.
The President is a fink.
September 13th, 2016 at 5:40:27 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146

True, but not what frustrates me the most. What really gets my goat is that the difference between a positive environment you don't mind or even enjoy coming to, and the idiotic misery

A postal employee is unhappy with management,
isn't that about as common as the sun coming up
every day?
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 14th, 2016 at 4:03:48 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote:
A postal employee is unhappy,
isn't that about as common as the sun coming up
every day?

Fixed your post =)
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
September 14th, 2016 at 5:15:13 PM permalink
Evenbob
Fixed your post =)

Management is a major complaint, though.
I've known PO employees and they all
say the bosses are clueless.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 14th, 2016 at 5:43:14 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Face may not have heard of this. Accurate, you be the judge.

Quote:
The Peter principle is a concept in management theory formulated by Laurence J. Peter in which the selection of a candidate for a position is based on the candidate's performance in their current role, rather than on abilities relevant to the intended role. Thus, employees only stop being promoted once they can no longer perform effectively, and "managers rise to the level of their incompetence."

He can mull over it.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 4th, 2016 at 11:13:46 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
So, hopefully you only have to spray dogs.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 20th, 2016 at 11:48:44 AM permalink
Evenbob
Give you any ideas, Face?

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/dekalb-county/thousands-of-pieces-of-mail-dumped-in-woods-usps-launches-investigation/458775917
October 20th, 2016 at 12:32:18 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: Evenbob

Pfft. That's rookie s#$%. I loved the "investigation trying to determine who it was". Hmm... how about there's GD addresses on every piece, so just look at which route they fall under? And then... see who works that route! Jinkies, I think I done solved it!

Idiots.

Anyway, mail itself doesn't bother me. I do get irked when my normal 4-6 trays turns into 10+, but even that you eventually find a flow and it adds very little time. The things I hate are packages and bulk mail. There is one customer I have such hateful, vile thoughts about I won't even post them here. I can generally giggle at the a$$#^$% who has general goods delivered, and random consumerism is whatever, but some people cannot take a dirt nap fast enough. To say I loathe them would be high praise compared to my actual feelings. There are literally no words for it.

And bulk mail is direct from Satan's butthole. Any of you here appreciate or use whatsoever that garbage? And I mean besides lining bird cages and litter boxes with it. I'm talking the ads, usually heavy on current deals from the local grocer. WT bloody F is the point? Ham for $1.15 p/lb? Holy s#$%, saved a dime! The same GD dime you saved last week! GTFO of my face with that horse flop.

And it's pol season. Please, sometime in my life, let pol season mean that you can legally hunt them. I have no Earthly idea who Chris Jacobs or Amy Small are, but this is me every single miserable morning...

It's Every. F#$%ing. Day. Never sorted, never standard size, never standard paper. Just super gloss, super static sticky, 7.5" x 23.32" f#$%ing misery. EVERY F#$%ING DAY!!!!!1! Jacobs is a thief, Small is corrupt, oooh look who they're in bed with, view the Albany ties. Just kill each other already and be gone from my life.

Lose bulk mail and this would be regular ol' faux rage, instead of what feels like my honing to knock Berkowitz off the podium.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
October 20th, 2016 at 12:46:04 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Face, what is the weight limit of a package you are responsible for delivering?

I used to order boxes of dollar coins from the US Mint and those suckers were pretty heavy. My mailman delivered four boxes a week for over year. I don't think he had any idea that he delivered around $1 million dollars in coins to my house.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
October 20th, 2016 at 12:56:46 PM permalink
Evenbob
And then... see who works that route! Jinkies, I think I done solved it!

They have him on video dumping
it, they know exactly who it is.