Quiz -- Which was the original flag of the Confederate States of America?

Page 5 of 5« First<2345
Poll
7 votes (63.63%)
No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
2 votes (18.18%)
No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
2 votes (18.18%)

11 members have voted

July 27th, 2015 at 4:59:47 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Original flag?
Heck what was the original color of the confederate uniform?

Note:

Of course it was blue, same as the federals.
July 27th, 2015 at 3:01:20 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Forgive me if I mentioned this before, but there has been a surge in auctions of confederate battle flag license plates on Ebay. I'd estimate that prices have quadrupled since the shooting.

Example. As I write this, the price is at $152.50. The final price tends to double in the last several seconds. The value of this plate before the shooting would have been about $50.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
July 27th, 2015 at 4:14:36 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Wizard
Forgive me if I mentioned this before, but there has been a surge in auctions of confederate battle flag license plates on Ebay. I'd estimate that prices have quadrupled since the shooting.

Example. As I write this, the price is at $152.50. The final price tends to double in the last several seconds. The value of this plate before the shooting would have been about $50.

Not a surprise. Gun sales have doubled since Obama took office. Tell people they cannot have something and demand goes up.
The President is a fink.
July 27th, 2015 at 6:00:45 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: AZDuffman
Not a surprise. Gun sales have doubled since Obama took office. Tell people they cannot have something and demand goes up.

Hmmm. I am not saying you're wrong but I have not heard of one state to discontinue offering Sons of the Confederate Veterans license plates that does already. That would lead to a dangerous slippery slope. However, it is probably the fear, I would say incorrect fear, that they will be taken away that is driving the demand. If only I could sell short on those license plates. I predict in a year they will be back down to $50, about the extra cost to get them.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
July 28th, 2015 at 2:25:36 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Hmmm. I am not saying you're wrong but I have not heard of one state to discontinue offering Sons of the Confederate Veterans license plates that does already. That would lead to a dangerous slippery slope. However, it is probably the fear, I would say incorrect fear, that they will be taken away that is driving the demand.

Governor McAwful is trying to do just that.

Quote: link
“In the next 120 days, every license plate in the commonwealth with the Confederate flag will be eliminated,” Gov. McAuliffe told FOX 5.

McAuliffe doesn't need the legislature to make this decision ...

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/29397027/mcauliffe-confederate-license-plates
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
July 28th, 2015 at 3:14:21 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Hmmm. I am not saying you're wrong but I have not heard of one state to discontinue offering Sons of the Confederate Veterans license plates that does already. That would lead to a dangerous slippery slope. However, it is probably the fear, I would say incorrect fear, that they will be taken away that is driving the demand. If only I could sell short on those license plates. I predict in a year they will be back down to $50, about the extra cost to get them.

Give it time, given the general pressure on the Battle Flag right now it is bound to happen. History shows these groups never let up pressure. The rest is simple psychology.
The President is a fink.
Page 5 of 5« First<2345