If you open it — close it 
If you turn it on — turn it off 
If you unlock it — lock it 
If you break it — mend it 
If you borrow it — return it 
If you use it — take care of it 
If you make a mess — clean it up 
If you move it — put it back

Do you really need a sign to live, laugh, and love?
The President is a fink.
June 17th, 2021 at 1:21:35 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman
Do you really need a sign to live, laugh, and love?

Only if you're in prison.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 17th, 2021 at 3:01:16 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
Only if you're in prison.

You missed it.
The President is a fink.
June 17th, 2021 at 3:34:45 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: AZDuffman
You missed it.

Probably, as I don't know what you're referring to.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 17th, 2021 at 3:57:04 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Probably, as I don't know what you're referring to.

The President is a fink.
August 18th, 2021 at 10:54:16 AM permalink
rxwine
I don’t know that I agree with this, but I thought it interesting.

Tragic optimism” is the search for meaning during the inevitable tragedies of human existence, and is better for us than avoiding darkness and trying to “stay positive.”

Because I don’t expect to find meaning in random tragedy. Now if I make my own…there’s something to learn.
August 18th, 2021 at 11:12:45 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
I don’t know that I agree with this, but I thought it interesting.

Tragic optimism” is the search for meaning during the inevitable tragedies of human existence, and is better for us than avoiding darkness and trying to “stay positive.”

Because I don’t expect to find meaning in random tragedy. Now if I make my own…there’s something to learn.

Hey we agree on something again RX. Shit happens if you didn't cause it move on, if you did cause it don't do it again.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
October 18th, 2021 at 5:20:04 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote:
William F. Buckley, the founder of National Review, once confessed in private, "I wish to hell I could attack them without pleasing people I can't stand to please."

By "them" he meant the members of the conspiracy-mongering, anti-Communist, anti-United Nations, anti-civil rights John Birch Society (named after a Christian missionary who was killed in 1945 by Communist forces, making Birch the first American casualty in the Cold War). The people Bill couldn't stand to please, of course, were liberals.

And yet Buckley did eventually go after the Birchers, at first trying as best he could to denounce their leader, Robert Welch, without alienating the rank and file. Eventually, this needle became impossible to thread, specifically when Welch began insisting that President Dwight Eisenhower was a "dedicated, conscious agent of the Communist conspiracy."
November 5th, 2021 at 8:25:10 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote:
A week after renaming their company Meta, Facebook has learned that there's already another tech company named Meta, and they won't sell their name for less than $20 million," Jimmy Fallon said Thursday's Tonight Show. "When asked why they didn't do their research, Facebook said, 'We did, we just did it on Facebook.'
November 5th, 2021 at 9:18:18 AM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2

If Facebook had approached the other company first, 20 mil might seem reasonable. Now that Facebook has announced the company name change it is dirt cheap. I guess you have to weigh greed against fear of Facebook’s lawyers.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.