Uber?

Page 76 of 76« First<73747576
October 9th, 2018 at 3:40:37 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 869
Quote: DRich
Purchases with a debit cards open you up to the possibility of liability that doesn't exist with credit cards.

Which raises a question about digital currency. Even if there is digital currency, it is an open question about how many people would use it.
They might use digital currency to purchase insignificant items as they don't want to carry cash, but they would find plain old credit is a safer way to make larger purchases or rent an automobile.
October 9th, 2018 at 5:11:39 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 122
Quote: DRich
Purchases with a debit cards open you up to the possibility of liability that doesn't exist with credit cards.

Frank Abignale, the guy that Catch Me If
You Can was about, is a leading FBI expert
on money. He won't own a debit card and
pays for everything with CC's. He says it's
not possible to be successfully defrauded
using CC's. I don't believe he even has a
bank account.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 25th, 2018 at 12:59:06 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 15
Every time I'm in Vegas now they always send me those self-driving Lyfts.

Of course, they're no where near self-driving yet. There is a driver there to grab the wheel in case the car does anything funny and another guy with a laptop to monitor things.

They're not allowed to self-drive on the strip properties, only once they turn onto the strip do they switch from manual to autonomous driving.

The cars themselves are pretty neat (nice new BMWs). They won't let you take pictures inside the car though due to "intellectual property" concerns.
In order to insult me, I must first value your opinion
Page 76 of 76« First<73747576