Uber?

Page 78 of 79« First<7576777879>
April 2nd, 2019 at 4:01:40 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Member since: Oct 27, 2012
Threads: 57
Posts: 7241
48 hours
University of South Carolina.
Girl leaves bar.
Girl enters car that is same color, make and model of her uber ride.
Girl dies.

Rear child restraint locks activated. Body dumped 90 miles away, but blood remained in trunk and passenger compartment. No indication of what driver's girlfriend thought of the blood and cleaning supplies or the victim's cell phone being in the car.

Now the mother is also on the news. It must be horrible to lose a 21 year old daughter to such a simple mistake and know that the 20 year old perpetrator will get free lawyers, free doctors and free gym membership for the rest of his life. His girlfriend will get off scott free.
October 9th, 2019 at 3:13:17 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Member since: Oct 27, 2012
Threads: 57
Posts: 7241
Part time uber/Lyft driver reports making $19.00 an hour under pleasant conditions.
businessinsider.
October 9th, 2019 at 8:16:50 AM permalink
DRich
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 24
Posts: 1370
Quote: Fleastiff
Part time uber/Lyft driver reports making $19.00 an hour under pleasant conditions.
businessinsider.


I consider Uber/Lyft the perfect part time job for many people.
October 9th, 2019 at 8:57:56 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Member since: Feb 19, 2014
Threads: 7
Posts: 853
Quote: DRich
I consider Uber/Lyft the perfect part time job for many people.


I don't know.... I drive by the Buffalo airport a lot, and there is a 'cell phone waiting lot' (free) that has lots of Uber cars waiting. Waiting for a call to make $10.... Before expenses....
October 9th, 2019 at 9:28:51 AM permalink
terapined
Member since: Aug 6, 2014
Threads: 46
Posts: 5105
Got a big trip planned so really depending on Uber
Plan on doing Dead and Company west coast tour at the end of December.
2 shows at the Forum in Inglewood and 2 shows at the Brand new Chase Center in San Francisco.
No plans on renting a car
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 9th, 2019 at 9:36:36 AM permalink
rxwine
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 137
Posts: 7772
Quote: terapined
Got a big trip planned so really depending on Uber
Plan on doing Dead and Company west coast tour at the end of December.
2 shows at the Forum in Inglewood and 2 shows at the Brand new Chase Center in San Francisco.
No plans on renting a car


Do you always see people you know at the Dead concerts?
Nobody learned anything from the global financial crisis.
October 9th, 2019 at 9:49:46 AM permalink
terapined
Member since: Aug 6, 2014
Threads: 46
Posts: 5105
Quote: rxwine
Do you always see people you know at the Dead concerts?

Sometimes
Its a massive fan base
Its more of meet and make new friends when seeing out of town shows
I'm pretty excited, New Years eve concert at the brand new Chase Center in San Francisco.
Life is good :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 9th, 2019 at 11:39:55 AM permalink
DRich
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 24
Posts: 1370
Quote: SOOPOO
I don't know.... I drive by the Buffalo airport a lot, and there is a 'cell phone waiting lot' (free) that has lots of Uber cars waiting. Waiting for a call to make $10.... Before expenses....


I think it is like most jobs. The smarter poeple tend to make more money. If they do there research and understand what times there are demand and also what time fewer drivers are available, they will do better. I also think ride share works better in bigger cities.
October 9th, 2019 at 11:44:14 AM permalink
DRich
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 24
Posts: 1370
For those of you that travel to Las Vegas. Uber and Lyft now have a new pickup point at the airport. It is now on level 2 and not level 2M like before.
October 9th, 2019 at 11:51:20 AM permalink
terapined
Member since: Aug 6, 2014
Threads: 46
Posts: 5105
Quote: DRich
For those of you that travel to Las Vegas. Uber and Lyft now have a new pickup point at the airport. It is now on level 2 and not level 2M like before.

Thanks, will keep that in mind when I go there just before the Dead and Company west coast tour in Dec
Is it a shorter walk?
I was fine with what they had set up last year.
Staying at the Park MGM.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
Page 78 of 79« First<7576777879>