Hey FrGamble!

May 17th, 2020 at 3:33:07 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: FrGamble
They know that he is right and they are wrong

Yeah, no. Not even close. This is
the truth about Jesus:

"When you read Jesus' moral teaching as coming from an apocalyptic prophet , you realize that most of it is impractical for daily life. It was designed for a world which supposedly had only a few years left: Take no thought for the morrow, Sell all that you have and give it to the poor, If someone demands your coat, give him your cloak also. For the most part, the parables do not teach morality as most people think but rather emphasize how the end will come soon and unexpectedly: The owner of the house will come home when no one expects it, and he will reward the servants (slaves) who have done well and punish the ones who have been slacking off."

But you and your Church have
little interest in real truth.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 17th, 2020 at 4:17:55 PM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Padre - how do you feel about this ad in my local Craigslist from a music recording studio that only allows Christians to record music there? So very tolerant of them

https://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/muc/d/amityville-long-islands-own-christian/7125247149.html

May 17th, 2020 at 4:25:27 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: aceofspades
Padre - how do you feel about this ad in my local Craigslist from a music recording studio that only allows Christians to record music there? So very tolerant of them

I wonder if they allow Gay
Xtians in the door.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 17th, 2020 at 5:35:19 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: aceofspades

Seems like a bad business plan.

Bob, I've said it before and you continue to prove it. You do not know Christ or His teaching. Try reading sone different things for change and truly seek the truth, stop running from it.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
May 17th, 2020 at 8:13:16 PM permalink
aceofspades
Seems like a bad business plan.

Bob, I've said it before and you continue to prove it. You do not know Christ or His teaching. Try reading sone different things for change and truly seek the truth, stop running from it.

Everyone knows the best music is inspired by Satan :)
Well, if I believed there was a Satan LOL
May 17th, 2020 at 9:44:51 PM permalink
Evenbob

Bob, I've said it before and you continue to prove it. You do not know Christ or His teaching.

Which teaching, his end of the
world apocalyptic proclamations,
or the mostly made up teachings
that the Jesus Seminar debunked.
There are so many 'true' teachings,
it's hard to choose..
May 18th, 2020 at 4:47:14 AM permalink
FrGamble
Still clinging to the Jesus Seminar I see. You know that is like being part of a flat Earth movement. I get that you like what they say but there is almost no scholarly value to it. Same thing with your insistence that Jesus was essentially some apocolyptic preacher. These things fit your narrative so you cling to them so desperately. You are like a stubborn toddler holding unto his favorite old toy even when there is something so much better. Let it go Bob. You don't know Jesus Christ or His teachings. You only want to hear what you want to so you can continue in your ignorance. Let these things go and read something good. If you don't like C.S. Lewis because his arguments are so strong they make you uncomfortable, then perhaps watch some Fulton Sheen videos you might like him.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
May 18th, 2020 at 8:05:19 AM permalink
aceofspades
Still clinging to the Jesus Seminar I see. You know that is like being part of a flat Earth movement. I get that you like what they say but there is almost no scholarly value to it. Same thing with your insistence that Jesus was essentially some apocolyptic preacher. These things fit your narrative so you cling to them so desperately. You are like a stubborn toddler holding unto his favorite old toy even when there is something so much better. Let it go Bob. You don't know Jesus Christ or His teachings. You only want to hear what you want to so you can continue in your ignorance. Let these things go and read something good. If you don't like C.S. Lewis because his arguments are so strong they make you uncomfortable, then perhaps watch some Fulton Sheen videos you might like him.

We all know how much the Catholic Church loves science

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/galileo-is-convicted-of-heresy
May 18th, 2020 at 8:38:00 AM permalink
FrGamble
Yes it does! Don't get it twisted the whole Galileo debacle was more to do with politics and personalities than science. He like Copernicus who first proposed Heliocentrism were very religious as were most of the Fathers of the different fields of science we know today. The Church began universities and established the scientific method. When you believe in a loving God who created the universe you also want to study it and believe it makes sense. The glory of God is revealed in nature.
May 18th, 2020 at 9:26:00 AM permalink
Evenbob
You don't know Jesus Christ or His teachings..

And neither do you or your
Church. Thats-Why-There-
Are-So-Many-Branches-Of-
The-Religion. I spaced out
the words so even you can
understand that it's not
possible to know what Jesus
really said.

All Xtions read the NT like this:
You show them a passage and
they'll interpret it for you. They'll
tell you what it REALLY means.
Because nobody knows for sure.
So what you end up with is the
biggest cluster-frick in history.
Thousands of offshoots all
screaming at each other that
they have the 'real' version,
and it's directly from god.

This is highly entertaining to
us on the outside. It's like one
of those small clown cars that
never runs out of clowns exiting
from it's doors. Some of them
even have clown outfits on, men
wearing dresses and big funny
looking hats. And all spewing
nonsense and claiming they're
the only ones who are right.
Belly laughs galore..