Most iconic songs

Page 2 of 3<123>
October 2nd, 2015 at 10:09:44 AM permalink
Nareed
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 301
Posts: 9998
Quote: JimRockford
Best NFL defense of all time.


No argument. I forget the exact year, but it was the year when Mike Kruczec(SP?) subbed for Terry Bradshaw in the 70s. Never since or again have the Steelers achieved so many shut-outs.
If Trump where half as smart as he thinks he is, he'd be twice as smart as he really is.
October 2nd, 2015 at 10:22:50 AM permalink
JimRockford
Member since: Sep 18, 2015
Threads: 0
Posts: 103
Quote: Nareed
No argument. I forget the exact year, but it was the year when Mike Kruczec(SP?) subbed for Terry Bradshaw in the 70s. Never since or again have the Steelers achieved so many shut-outs.
Fair enough (but as a lifetime Cowboys fan, it makes me nauseous) . Put the 1976 Steel Curtain on top of a list of 10, but list something like the 2002 Buccaneers as number 2 and watch the sparks fly.
October 2nd, 2015 at 10:31:31 AM permalink
Nareed
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 301
Posts: 9998
Quote: JimRockford
Fair enough (but as a lifetime Cowboys fan, it makes me nauseous) .


No comment.

Quote:
Put the 1976 Steel Curtain on top of a list of 10, but list something like the 2002 Buccaneers as number 2 and watch the sparks fly.


Well, of course. I'd go with the 2000 Ravens (if I have the year right). That's the closest anyone's come to winning a Super Bowl without a working offense ;)
If Trump where half as smart as he thinks he is, he'd be twice as smart as he really is.
October 2nd, 2015 at 3:04:13 PM permalink
Face
Administrator
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 61
Posts: 3031
Quote: JimRockford

Having said that: No Sinatra? No Doors? WTF!


Of course a list only serves for people to cry "What about the artist I love?!", and of course, we all have faves that were left out. That happening is a given.

But to omit an entire genre? Not one, single country song? And save me the "It's a UK poll, they don't have country." UK ain't got Motown either, but there it is! =p
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
October 2nd, 2015 at 3:38:10 PM permalink
Nareed
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 301
Posts: 9998
Quote: Face
Of course a list only serves for people to cry "What about the artist I love?!", and of course, we all have faves that were left out. That happening is a given.


Outside my favorite artists, there's only a few songs worth even listening to. everyone knows that :)

Quote:
But to omit an entire genre? Not one, single country song?


Well....
If Trump where half as smart as he thinks he is, he'd be twice as smart as he really is.
October 2nd, 2015 at 4:40:10 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 648
Posts: 7419
Quote: Face
But to omit an entire genre? Not one, single country song? And save me the "It's a UK poll, they don't have country." UK ain't got Motown either, but there it is! =p




Fiat already chose the singer, she is a 21 year old girl of Afro-Jamaican, Maltese and British descent. They are going to turn the most iconic song into a commercial to celebrate an Italian car that they have been manufacturing since 1957. Production ended in 1975 and was restarted in mid-2007 in Fiat facilities in Tychy, Poland, and later in Toluca, Mexico. The restyled car will be introduced for 2016.

Sales have exceeded one million in Europe, but sales have been dissappointing in North America.



I think that the odds of them choosing an American country song were pretty low.

NSFW (offensive lyrics)
October 2nd, 2015 at 7:34:30 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Member since: Oct 23, 2012
Threads: 129
Posts: 2834
My favorite Nirvana song is All Apologies. Always thought Smells Like Team Spirit was overrated.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
October 3rd, 2015 at 1:41:41 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 23
Posts: 1929
Quote: Pacomartin


Fiat already chose the singer, she is a 21 year old girl of Afro-Jamaican, Maltese and British descent. They are going to turn the most iconic song into a commercial to celebrate an Italian car that they have been manufacturing since 1957. Production ended in 1975 and was restarted in mid-2007 in Fiat facilities in Tychy, Poland, and later in Toluca, Mexico. The restyled car will be introduced for 2016.


The car is the sort of thing Face cleans out of his wheel arches after a drive through town.

Tori Amos covered Teen Spirit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vB2c7_vyBSM
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
October 3rd, 2015 at 3:54:43 PM permalink
Face
Administrator
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 61
Posts: 3031
Quote: TheCesspit
The car is the sort of thing Face cleans out of his wheel arches after a drive through town.


I almost said something earlier, now you're making me say it.

*Ahem*. I am a fan of the Fiat 500. There. I said it.

Having driven a pick up exclusively for the last, oh... 10 years or so, my yearning for small cars grows by the day. But have you seen today's "small car"? Even Honda's CR-Z, which is like the grandson of my CRX, comes in at nearly 3,000 freedom units. That's 1,360 in your language. The smallest model in all of the big makers all hover around a ton and a half. A TON and a HALF. I still can't get over it.

Look at any maker's lineup over the years and it mimics the average American. They all just get bigger and bigger and bigger. So today, your only choice is to either get a big small car like a Focus, or you can be a tw@ rolling around in one of those ridiculous smart Fortwos.

Fiat filled the gap. It's several hundred pounds lighter than the smallest common car while still being a car, unlike that motorized pram mentioned above. Granted, if I wanted a small car that was reliable and efficient, I'd be hunting in the 80's section for a road worthy CRX or Mark I Golf. You know, like a man. But there's something about the 500 that does it for me.

I can't even really say why. Even the Abarth edition with its flared arches and body accoutrement still looks like an infants' sneaker. But I dig it, man. If a chick drove it, I would date her. If a guy drove it, I'd be his friend. I could never drive the damn thing personally,... but I could imagine doing so ;)
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
October 3rd, 2015 at 6:04:21 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 648
Posts: 7419
Quote: Face
*Ahem*. I am a fan of the Fiat 500. There. I said it.


Coongratulations on coming clean.

Does the new iPod interior change your mind?
Page 2 of 3<123>