Most iconic songs

Page 2 of 3<123>
October 2nd, 2015 at 10:09:44 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: JimRockford
Best NFL defense of all time.

No argument. I forget the exact year, but it was the year when Mike Kruczec(SP?) subbed for Terry Bradshaw in the 70s. Never since or again have the Steelers achieved so many shut-outs.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
October 2nd, 2015 at 10:22:50 AM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Quote: Nareed
No argument. I forget the exact year, but it was the year when Mike Kruczec(SP?) subbed for Terry Bradshaw in the 70s. Never since or again have the Steelers achieved so many shut-outs.
Fair enough (but as a lifetime Cowboys fan, it makes me nauseous) . Put the 1976 Steel Curtain on top of a list of 10, but list something like the 2002 Buccaneers as number 2 and watch the sparks fly.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
October 2nd, 2015 at 10:31:31 AM permalink
Nareed
Fair enough (but as a lifetime Cowboys fan, it makes me nauseous) .

No comment.

Quote:
Put the 1976 Steel Curtain on top of a list of 10, but list something like the 2002 Buccaneers as number 2 and watch the sparks fly.

Well, of course. I'd go with the 2000 Ravens (if I have the year right). That's the closest anyone's come to winning a Super Bowl without a working offense ;)
October 2nd, 2015 at 3:04:13 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61

Having said that: No Sinatra? No Doors? WTF!

Of course a list only serves for people to cry "What about the artist I love?!", and of course, we all have faves that were left out. That happening is a given.

But to omit an entire genre? Not one, single country song? And save me the "It's a UK poll, they don't have country." UK ain't got Motown either, but there it is! =p
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
October 2nd, 2015 at 3:38:10 PM permalink
Nareed
Quote: Face
Of course a list only serves for people to cry "What about the artist I love?!", and of course, we all have faves that were left out. That happening is a given.

Outside my favorite artists, there's only a few songs worth even listening to. everyone knows that :)

Quote:
But to omit an entire genre? Not one, single country song?

Well....
October 2nd, 2015 at 4:40:10 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
But to omit an entire genre? Not one, single country song? And save me the "It's a UK poll, they don't have country." UK ain't got Motown either, but there it is! =p

Fiat already chose the singer, she is a 21 year old girl of Afro-Jamaican, Maltese and British descent. They are going to turn the most iconic song into a commercial to celebrate an Italian car that they have been manufacturing since 1957. Production ended in 1975 and was restarted in mid-2007 in Fiat facilities in Tychy, Poland, and later in Toluca, Mexico. The restyled car will be introduced for 2016.

Sales have exceeded one million in Europe, but sales have been dissappointing in North America.

I think that the odds of them choosing an American country song were pretty low.

NSFW (offensive lyrics)
October 2nd, 2015 at 7:34:30 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
My favorite Nirvana song is All Apologies. Always thought Smells Like Team Spirit was overrated.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
October 3rd, 2015 at 1:41:41 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: Pacomartin

Fiat already chose the singer, she is a 21 year old girl of Afro-Jamaican, Maltese and British descent. They are going to turn the most iconic song into a commercial to celebrate an Italian car that they have been manufacturing since 1957. Production ended in 1975 and was restarted in mid-2007 in Fiat facilities in Tychy, Poland, and later in Toluca, Mexico. The restyled car will be introduced for 2016.

The car is the sort of thing Face cleans out of his wheel arches after a drive through town.

Tori Amos covered Teen Spirit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vB2c7_vyBSM
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
October 3rd, 2015 at 3:54:43 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: TheCesspit
The car is the sort of thing Face cleans out of his wheel arches after a drive through town.

I almost said something earlier, now you're making me say it.

*Ahem*. I am a fan of the Fiat 500. There. I said it.

Having driven a pick up exclusively for the last, oh... 10 years or so, my yearning for small cars grows by the day. But have you seen today's "small car"? Even Honda's CR-Z, which is like the grandson of my CRX, comes in at nearly 3,000 freedom units. That's 1,360 in your language. The smallest model in all of the big makers all hover around a ton and a half. A TON and a HALF. I still can't get over it.

Look at any maker's lineup over the years and it mimics the average American. They all just get bigger and bigger and bigger. So today, your only choice is to either get a big small car like a Focus, or you can be a tw@ rolling around in one of those ridiculous smart Fortwos.

Fiat filled the gap. It's several hundred pounds lighter than the smallest common car while still being a car, unlike that motorized pram mentioned above. Granted, if I wanted a small car that was reliable and efficient, I'd be hunting in the 80's section for a road worthy CRX or Mark I Golf. You know, like a man. But there's something about the 500 that does it for me.

I can't even really say why. Even the Abarth edition with its flared arches and body accoutrement still looks like an infants' sneaker. But I dig it, man. If a chick drove it, I would date her. If a guy drove it, I'd be his friend. I could never drive the damn thing personally,... but I could imagine doing so ;)
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
October 3rd, 2015 at 6:04:21 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
*Ahem*. I am a fan of the Fiat 500. There. I said it.

Coongratulations on coming clean.

Does the new iPod interior change your mind?
Page 2 of 3<123>