Spoiler Dicussion of The Force Awakens

Page 12 of 12« First<9101112
February 16th, 2016 at 1:59:45 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Three of my coworkers who like science fiction have yet to see Ep. VII. On the other hand, two who don't particularly care have seen it.

And yesterday these two spilled the fact Han gets killed by his son, right in front of one of the earlier three...

That's why you should see it early.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
February 16th, 2016 at 7:24:53 PM permalink
miplet
Threads: 8
Quote: Nareed
Three of my coworkers who like science fiction have yet to see Ep. VII. On the other hand, two who don't particularly care have seen it.

And yesterday these two spilled the fact Han gets killed by his son, right in front of one of the earlier three...

I didn't see it until Jan 18th. I threatened restroom cleaning with toothbrush duty if anyone spoiled anything.
"...remind me of clue: Colonel Mustard in the billiard room with the candlestick."- Derek Morgan
February 16th, 2016 at 7:30:51 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068

That's terrible.

According to BoxOfficeMojo, Star Wars was not a massive #1 hit in Mexico. It ranked #38 for opening weekends, and it earned less than these four movies last year.

Maleficent
Transformers: Age of Extinction
Rio 2
The Amazing Spider-Man 2
February 17th, 2016 at 6:26:27 AM permalink
Nareed
Quote: miplet
I didn't see it until Jan 18th. I threatened restroom cleaning with toothbrush duty if anyone spoiled anything.

I lack that kind of authority. Therefore I saw it early.
February 17th, 2016 at 6:38:31 AM permalink
AcesAndEights
Threads: 6

IMO, if you've waited this long, you can no longer have any reasonable expectation of not hearing spoilers.
"You think I'm joking." -EvenBob
February 17th, 2016 at 6:41:14 AM permalink
Nareed
Quote: AcesAndEights
IMO, if you've waited this long, you can no longer have any reasonable expectation of not hearing spoilers.

Had I waited this long (and were for some reason not locked up in an asylum), I'd have gone online to look for spoilers on purpose.

For me, at some point I just want to know what the story is.
February 17th, 2016 at 6:42:59 AM permalink
Nareed
Quote: Pacomartin
That's terrible.

I tried consoling him by pointing out the fact was easy to deduce: Disney would not pay such salaries for two more movies.

Quote:
According to BoxOfficeMojo, Star Wars was not a massive #1 hit in Mexico.

<shrug>

For me this means the theaters weren't full when I watched it, therefore both times I had a very enjoyable experience.
Page 12 of 12« First<9101112