Simple question?

Thread Rating:

July 28th, 2019 at 12:59:13 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
This guy was killed last year while trying to bring the word of god to an isolated tribe. What do you think this tribes beliefs are?
~~~~
After that initial contact, some of the guys went spear fishing and caught what they call “cutt-a-la,” a grouper or sea bass with big lips—they caught two and each weighed about 30lbs. After first going poop in the water, I built the kayak and we put the two fish on top and, inside, my small pelican. [That] contained pencils, my contact response kit (for arrow wounds), abdominal pads, chest seal, dental forceps for arrow removal, picture cards, multivitamins, multitools (including one my brother gave as a groomsmen gift that has my name engraved on it) and, unfortunately, my passports. I had my waterproof Bible and some gifts: scissors, tweezers, safety pins, fishing line, hooks, cordage, rubber tubing and my new Speedo towel. 

I set off toward the north shore. As I got closer, I heard whoops and shouts from the hut. I made sure to stay out of arrow range and as they (about 6) yelled at me, I tried to parrot their words back to them. They burst out laughing. Probably were saying bad words or insulting me. Then two dropped their bows and took a dugout to meet me. I kept a safe distance and dropped off the fish and gifts. At first they poled their dugout past the gifts and were coming at me, then they turned and grabbed the gifts. I paddled after them and exchanged more yells. 

Here’s where this nice meet and greet went south. A child and a young woman came behind the two gift receivers with bows drawn. I kept waving my hands to say “no bows” but they didn’t get the memo, I guess. By this time the waves had picked up and the kayak was getting near some shallow coral. The islanders saw that and blocked my exit. Then the little kid with bow and arrow came down the middle. I figured that this was it, so I preached a bit to them, starting in Genesis and disembarked my kayak to show them that I too have two legs. I was inches from [an] unarmed guy (well-built with a round face, yellowish pigment in circles on his cheeks, about 5ft 5") and gave him a bunch of the scissors and gifts. Then they took the kayak. Then the little kid shot me with an arrow, directly into my Bible which I was holding in front of my chest. 

I grabbed the arrow shaft as it broke on my Bible (on pp 933, Isaiah 63:5–65:2). The head was metal, thin but very sharp. They left me alone as I half-waded, half-swam through the broken coral to the deep where I knew their dugouts couldn’t reach [then] swam almost a mile back to the boat. Although I now have no kayak nor my small pelican and its contents, I’m grateful that I still have the written word of God.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 28th, 2019 at 1:55:29 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: rxwine
This guy was killed last year while trying to bring the word of god to an isolated tribe. What do you think this tribes beliefs are?
They prefer to shop
Amazon?
~~~~
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
July 28th, 2019 at 2:08:40 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine
I’m grateful that I still have the written word of God.

Where. It's certainly not the Bible. That's
written totally by men.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 28th, 2019 at 6:25:33 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: Evenbob
Where. It's certainly not the Bible. That's
written totally by men.

Men inspired by the Holy Spirit.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
August 15th, 2019 at 11:47:52 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
And these are people who want children. Thoughts?

Quote:

It is not known precisely how many frozen embryos have been abandoned in the more than 500 fertility clinics in the United States. Clinics are not required by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the Society for Assisted Reproductive Technology, the nation’s primary organization dedicated to assisted reproductive technologies, to report those numbers.

But experts say hundreds of thousands of embryos have been cast aside, if not more.

“Abandoned embryos are a major problem and it’s everywhere,” said Dr. Christine Allen, a veteran embryologist and the founder of Elite IVF TM, a consultant business that works with dozens of fertility clinics throughout the nation to implement high-end technology and to troubleshoot problems the clinics encounter..
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 15th, 2019 at 12:12:49 PM permalink
FrGamble
I read somewhere recently that there are millions of abandoned embryos. This has always been one of the reasons the Catholic Church has been against IVF.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
August 15th, 2019 at 12:59:19 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
So, what do you want to do about them, now that they exist?
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
August 20th, 2019 at 12:11:36 AM permalink
Evenbob
WHY? Are you joking? Because in this country
we're surrounded by these magical thinking
throwbacks to the past, that's why. They have
their fingers in everything and are constantly
trying to make us do their bidding.

We no longer live in a world where superstition
and magical thinking and witches and devils
rule our lives. We now live in the world of reason
and science, or at least are trying to get there.
In the magical thinking period that lasted thousands
of years, the Jesus myth made perfect sense, it
fit right in. Now it's not even explainable or
understandable. Somebody who says they do
understand it is either confused, in denial, or
pretending. There is no way a man being
executed 2000 years ago had any bearing on
the real physical world, unless you're kidding
yourself.

Going back and reading some of my
posts from years ago, I was making
so much sense. Good for me..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 20th, 2019 at 3:49:12 AM permalink
FrGamble
This from the same guy who doesn't grasp the meaning of universe, thinks the material universe is eternal even when shown scientific reasons it cannot be, and believes in reincarnation. I loved your answer recently when asked why you believe the universe is obviously eternal. You said because it was obvious. Good for you.
August 20th, 2019 at 9:55:09 AM permalink
Evenbob
We have to understand that fear was a major
motivator 2000 years ago. It's why the Romans
publicly crucified people. It's why Yahweh is
such a cruel god. People respect fear. It's why
the Church was so strict and kept getting stricter.
Ignorant peasants respect fear and you can control
them with it. It's why the modern hell was invented
in the NT. Christianity is a fearsome death worshiping
religion, that's why it's lasted so long.

I'm having the greatest time reading
my own posts. I forgot how smart I
was a few years ago.