2 votes (22.22%)
1 vote (11.11%)

9 members have voted

May 27th, 2016 at 7:20:43 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: terapined
Obama is in Cuba :-)

President Obama is making his travel highly symbolic in his last year. Cuba, Vietnam, Laos, Hiroshima, the African Union headquarters in Ethiopia.
May 27th, 2016 at 3:11:02 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
Quote: Pacomartin
President Obama is making his travel highly symbolic in his last year. Cuba, Vietnam, Laos, Hiroshima, the African Union headquarters in Ethiopia.

He's also using Executive Orders to impose his social agenda on the American people. I long for the days when the Commander in Chief would limit himself to a few questionable pardons...
November 18th, 2016 at 8:43:43 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Just got my 1st travel request to Cuba
Client needed Miami to Havana for business

Unfortunately I still cant do it
US sanctions against Cuba have only relaxed to a limited extent.

I had to advise client that he needs to go through his legal compliance dept and have them contact our legal compliance dept
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 18th, 2016 at 9:04:42 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
I've wondered just how many people now in the US, many with USA citizenship, still travel to Cuba for medical reasons.

I think our great fleet of sinking and abandoned boats at various southern marinas could be profitable disposed of in Cuba, as could many of our rusted relics of used cars.

I do however agree with Jefferson: Ne plus ultra.
November 18th, 2016 at 9:29:47 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: terapined
US sanctions against Cuba have only relaxed to a limited extent.

This is so ridiculous.

While there was reason to carry on a conflict with Cuba since the Communist takeover, that reason ended around the early 90s. I mean, if you think Cuba is a threat to the US, you have bigger psychological problems.

Is it worth the ongoing diplomatic friction in Latin America and Europe just to keep a small constituency nursing a grudge this long? I can give lessons on the care and feeding of grudges, and even I think this has gone on too long and produced absolutely nothing.

Yes, there are issues with properties seized without compensation. But such things could be resolved at all by engaging the Cuban government and people, not by continued treatment as pariah for some impossible and imaginary threat.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
Page 5 of 5« First<2345