Trump vs Hillary 2016

Page 4 of 232<1234567>Last »

Thread Rating:

June 10th, 2016 at 3:40:27 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: terapined
The wall is not racist,

I can argue that it is, but the point is that a wall would be either 1) a hugely expensive boondoggle which does little to prevent immigration, or 2) a hugely expensive boondoggle which makes the US a pariah nation but manages to put a dent in the flow of immigrants temporarily (see Berlin Wall, The).
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
June 10th, 2016 at 5:22:28 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
The Mexican wall ain't racist. It's xenophobic.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
June 10th, 2016 at 7:14:43 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
The wall is stupid and even if it was a good idea, it will never ever work. All it will do is make connected contractors like Bechtel and Halliburton more billions of dollars. Either freshly printed or extracted from the producers.

There are already many tunnels underneath the sections where a wall had been built, a hundred foot deep, sophisticated with ventilation and train tracks. Can move thousands of people or anything daily. The tunnels come up on the US side in buildings, and those using them just drive away unnoticed.

The Tohono O'odham Nation of Arizona, already told AZ. when they tried to build a wall a few years back told the US, no effing way. Their reservation/nations southern border is the border with Mexico. Their own little police force deals with migrants all the time and they don't want a wall on their southern border.

The federal animal police of the US is not, will not allow an obstacle that interrupts the migration of wildlife. It ain't gonna happen. The fed animal deciders are busy making a corridor now from Yellowstone park up to the northern Yukon territory where animals can migrate freely without being harassed. Tortoises, and deer and elk, are protected. Get over it, there isn't going to be a wall.

Build a wall, then more tunnels, more tunnels more cops, more cops, more police, more sophisticated listening equipment. The Columbians are making some pretty cool GPS autonomous submarines that are self guided, delivering 20 tons of coke a trip. The wall is just 80 billion more dollars for friends of Cheney and Obama. Then it has to be maintained, put that on the list with roads, and other infrastructure that is failing in the US now. Not to forget Social Security.

Just rhetoric. It might make a jobs program for a while, but it will stop nothing, nothing. Besides that, instead of building a wall, why not just anex Mexico and further south to the Panama canal? Much easier to defend. The agreements have already been signed to create the super state anyway.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
June 11th, 2016 at 4:39:25 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: TheCesspit
The Mexican wall ain't racist. It's xenophobic.

Why is it that?

And do you consider Mexico a xenophobic nation for having a wall?
The President is a fink.
June 11th, 2016 at 6:10:45 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I'm in. Made it through the non racist security wall that all campaigns put up at events. They never checked my smart phone email with the bar code entry ticket. Had it out the whole time and it was ignored. Security very tight though. Police, riot squad , dogs, secret service, event security. I thought about getting a free campaign sign and tearing off the t and p. RUM, make america great again. Naw, dont want to get thrown out, at least not yet :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 11th, 2016 at 7:37:37 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I just saw this online and I found it to be sadly true.

Donald Trump vs. Hilary Clinton finally answers the age-old question: "How would a nation of mentally retarded monkeys govern itself?"
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
June 11th, 2016 at 7:59:22 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Much smaller trump rally then a few months ago here.
Last rally here trump supporters packed the place, doors closed 1 hour before trump came on
Today a few min to Trump and doors still open. Event room about half filled
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 11th, 2016 at 9:35:32 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Quote: AZDuffman
Why is it that?

And do you consider Mexico a xenophobic nation for having a wall?

You can ask stupid, rhetorical questions. I don't have to answer them.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
June 11th, 2016 at 9:46:57 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: TheCesspit
You can ask stupid, rhetorical questions. I don't have to answer them.

They are neither stupid not rhetorical. What is wrong with protecting your border? It is natural and been done for years.

Mexico has a wall on their southern border to prevent illegals from entering. So why is it OK for them but not for the USA?!
The President is a fink.
June 11th, 2016 at 10:16:05 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Quote: AZDuffman
They are neither stupid not rhetorical. What is wrong with protecting your border? It is natural and been done for years.

Mexico has a wall on their southern border to prevent illegals from entering. So why is it OK for them but not for the USA?!

What southern wall? With Guatemala? Ha!

There's nothing wrong with protecting your borders. Buut I thought the wall was an analogy and not a real thing that was going to be built? So it's a real thing now?

The wall and the metaphor it stands for is the fear of the Mexican. And the blame of the Mexican and the Chinese and the foreigner for all that ails the US. It's xenophobia.

Sometimes your fears are real. Sometimes they aren't.
Page 4 of 232<1234567>Last »