Threads: 346
This is relevant:

http://www.vox.com/2015/5/28/8661977/race-police-officer
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
July 8th, 2016 at 4:29:27 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: AZDuffman

If you do not want to own one fine, but why are you against others being able to protect themselves?.

Zimmerman lives near me
He's crazy and I don't trust him

I would suggest you listen more to what their actions have been. Disrupting people at breakfast to near riots, they do condone it. At the least enough of them do that I will never have a thing to do with them. Expect violence from them to increase as it keeps being un-PC to call them out.

Typical conservative illogical thinking
A few bad cops don't represent the police
A few bad BLM protesters represent BLM

I'm BLM because I am against violence
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 8th, 2016 at 5:22:19 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: terapined
Zimmerman lives near me
He's crazy and I don't trust him

Don't attack him and he won't shoot you. Why punish everyone else? Or you could move to Chicago where there are strong anti-gun laws.

Quote:
I'm BLM because I am against violence

It is not "a few." It is widespread in BLM.
The President is a fink.
July 9th, 2016 at 6:12:58 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: SOOPOO
I cannot disagree more. If a situation puts a law enforcement officer in harms way, even if the offender is 'unarmed', then the officer should be justified in using deadly force. Of course the officer, if possible, should avoid using deadly force, but there are many situations that just don't fit that hope. The law officer should never be more endangered......
Are some uses of deadly force not justifiable? Of course. Prosecute those offenders. But don't let mobs decide. Let the courts decide.

I've been thinking about this. There are some situations dealing with certain incidents I'd agree with you.

In instances where unarmed or possibly unarmed, OK to use deadly force when police can

*reasonably conclude person *may* be armed and refuses to comply with commands

*reasonably conclude an unarmed person is trying to arm himself with something he has, and intends harm [st paul incident?]

*reasonably conclude an unarmed person is trying to arm himself by overcoming officer [ferguson incident?] However, if an unarmed person just refuses to settle down, wants to resist arrest ... OK, it can be a fine line, but shooting them is not the way to go, even if, like I say, potentially the cop is endangered

Now it does seem to me that many Af/Ams do not agree, that to find after the incident that someone was unarmed, that is enough for them. It shouldn't be, and we are dealing with that. Obama often gives implicit agreement with that kind of thinking.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
July 9th, 2016 at 6:46:31 AM permalink
terapined
Don't attack him and he won't shoot you. Why punish everyone else? Or you could move to Chicago where there are strong anti-gun laws.

It is not "a few." It is widespread in BLM.

I am BLM
Unlike you, I am against all violence (you condoned the sucker puncher at the NC trump rally)

http://fortune.com/2016/07/08/black-lives-matter-speaks-out-against-dallas-shooting/?xid=yahoo_fortune&yptr=yahoo
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 9th, 2016 at 6:50:09 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: odiousgambit
. OK, it can be a fine line, but shooting them is not the way to go, even if, like I say, potentially the cop is endangered

Now it does seem to me that many Af/Ams do not agree, that to find after the incident that someone was unarmed, that is enough for them. It shouldn't be, and we are dealing with that. Obama often gives implicit agreement with that kind of thinking.

July 9th, 2016 at 7:15:59 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
I am BLM
Unlike you, I am against all violence (you condoned the sucker puncher at the NC trump rally)

So you are BLM. Funny because when I post about BLM in the other thread you say they do not represent you.

Yes, I did and still do condone that sucker punch. Person wanted to get attention disrupting the rally and they did. I still hope the guy did not hurt his hand when he hit their jaw.
The President is a fink.
July 9th, 2016 at 8:01:11 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
(walter lamar scott video)

Upthread I am on the record as this seeming to be an instance of murder by cop. Trial in October.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
July 9th, 2016 at 3:17:46 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
July 9th, 2016 at 6:26:12 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
I am BLM

??? What is BLM?
Page 2 of 6<12345>Last »