Democrat Party Convention

Page 1 of 131234>Last »
July 21st, 2016 at 2:34:07 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
DNC Excludes delegates because they are male.

The DNC convention still not starting until next week, but the news is tickling out. Seems that the DNC is OK with sex discrimination even as they claim to rally against it.
The President is a fink.
July 21st, 2016 at 2:58:25 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
'Philadelphia’s police union is blasting Hillary Clinton for inviting relatives of victims of police shootings to speak at the Democratic National Convention next week, but failing to include relatives of slain police officers.'

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jul/21/philadelphia-police-union-slams-hillary-clinton-ov/
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 21st, 2016 at 3:45:17 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
“We are not going to vote for the demon named Hillary just because you are threatening us with the devil named Trump.”

'Bernie or Bust' backers to flock to Philly to protest

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2016/07/21/bernie-bust-backers-flock-philly-protest/87385076/
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 21st, 2016 at 6:40:28 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
This thread is cute, because so far it's just EvenBob talking to himself and posting links no one cares about.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 21st, 2016 at 10:32:26 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
https://theintercept.com/2016/07/20/tim-kaine-possible-hillary-clinton-pick-for-vice-president-signals-support-to-banks/

http://www.globalresearch.ca/wall-street-angry-that-donald-trump-says-restore-glass-steagall-act/5536654

Voting for the either of the two, meets Einsteins comparison of insanity.

If Americans want a constitutional country, which they don't seem to, the first thing to do is what Ron Paul said, and return to honest money.

Trump talking about China being currency manipulators made me rotfl.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
July 22nd, 2016 at 2:49:15 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: petroglyph

If Americans want a constitutional country, which they don't seem to, the first thing to do is what Ron Paul said, and return to honest money.

They do want it less and less. Probably half the USA would give up most of their rights if someone guaranteed their house, car, and lifestyle would not be affected negatively.
The President is a fink.
July 22nd, 2016 at 6:42:06 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: petroglyph
the first thing to do is what Ron Paul said, and return to honest money.

Honest Money: Ron Paul has been an advocate of the gold standard and open competition in currencies for many years.
I assume you mean a return to the gold standard.

I mentioned before that Sweden's efforts to remove most of the large banknotes from circulation has resulted in their gold supply being worth over 80% of their currency supply.

Other than Switzerland up to 1999, in the post WWII world, I don't think any country has had their gold supply exceed the value of their banknotes. Switzerland remained constitutionally on the gold standard to 1999 when they modified their constitution and sold half their gold and began printing currency. The Swiss franc went from it's historical exchange rate of 4.28 per US dollar to as high as .7272 per US dollar.
July 22nd, 2016 at 9:18:56 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Pacomartin
Yes, or some facsimile. I wanted honest money. The government should not give themselves the power to reduce the true value of my labors retroactively. It is one thing to change the interest rate on treas. that I invested in forever, not being sophisticated enough apparently to be a trader. But citizens who "own this fair government" had a say so in what the worth of a dollar is, written in the constitution. That is what I want. Call me a "Whigg" if necessary.

Audit Fort Knoxx. Bring back Glass Stegall and separate investment from savings banks and let mom and pop america be able to fund their old age honestly without continuing to be robbed in their sleep by "our gov". They don't call me, "fairly honest frank " [KH], for nothing.

The big players, the tbtf's, the oil and pharm company's can continue to rule the world, but let me grow old and survive with dignity that I worked for when I played by all the rules. Now that, is why America was so attractive to every worker around the world escaping tin pot dictators. A chance to live and prosper by their own toils, not to get rich on margin accounts. And not have to accept the lie, that retirement accounts [Calsters and Calpers] are making 8% after fees.

Quote:
I mentioned before that Sweden's efforts to remove most of the large banknotes from circulation has resulted in their gold supply being worth over 80% of their currency supply.
Savings banks should be national utility's, akin to Credit Unions. There was growth with honest banking, and honest savings. If the feds want mega projects, they can vote on bonds or with voter approval put if out for competitive bids between Investment banks.

That was capitalism. By the fruit of a persons labors, they could put their excess in a bank. When I was young IIRC, passbook savings payed up to 5% at one time. Simple CD's were up to 8. If that were true today, [which it could be] bankers wouldn't make 23 million dollar per year salaries. People are generally willing to work if there is a possibility of a better life and a reward for hard work and honesty and staying out of trouble. Most of our generation did. The entitled generation is going to be a lot of "problems", with minimal ways out.

I have always believed when our factory's were in good fullish swing, that many of the workers were actually borderline criminals who preferred to work, have a home and some nicety's, maybe a wife or "other" and a six pack, and stay out of trouble. Without the chance to succeed with only a simple education and their backs and cunning, many don't see a pathway to go, other than gaming one system or another. Most of average people don't have a lot of ambition, and there is a window in life when that needs to develop. Everyone is not AZ. : ) If the gov were actually leaders instead of self serving crooks, those people would have a decent chance at a good and moral life.

I am guilty as well of being more of a Nationalist, that wants constitutionally filtered "fair trade", rather than these treasonist trade agreements, that are not even read before they are passed, than a globalist.

an printing currency. The Swiss franc went from it's historical exchange rate of 4.28 per US dollar to as high as .7272 per US dollar.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
July 22nd, 2016 at 9:34:22 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068

The Democratic VP candidate is clearly not a native Spanish speaker, but he is fluent.
July 23rd, 2016 at 5:02:37 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Pacomartin

The Democratic VP candidate is clearly not a native Spanish speaker, but he is fluent.

Been reading about this guy
I'm pretty impressed
He took a break during law school to volunteer with the Jesuit Volunteer Corps in Honduras from 1980 to 1981.
That's how he learned Spanish
He gave a speech in Spanish on the Senate floor regarding immigration

"I think it is appropriate that I spend a few minutes explaining the bill in Spanish, a language that has been spoken in this country since Spanish missionaries founded St. Augustine, Florida, in 1565, Spanish is also spoken by more than 40 million Americans with a huge investment in the result of this debate."

I like this pick :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
Page 1 of 131234>Last »