NFL 2016

Page 7 of 8« First<45678>
January 19th, 2017 at 10:18:16 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Ayecarumba
It's on there... "Pro Bowl and Superbowl Hype Week".

As I said, it's missing. If it were there it would read "Bye Week."

I'm half hoping for a Steelers vs Packers rematch in the Super Bowl
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
March 10th, 2017 at 3:43:22 PM permalink
Nareed
I'm going to miss Romo playing for the Cowboys.

It was so much fun to tell a Cowboys fan "Your QB stinks," and have them loudly, and profanely, agree.

Well, we have Jerry Jones as fallback. But most people don't get it when I say "You know, there's this hot new prospect for tem owner in the draft. You should get him before the Browns do!"

The team who seems to want him more are the Texans, which should work out well for young Romo, as he wouldn't need to move too far. The Houston team even got rid of Ossweiller in a very generous deal with Cleveland, who no doubt will trade him to someone else (probably Chicago).
April 5th, 2017 at 2:17:08 PM permalink
Nareed
Quote: Nareed
I'm going to miss Romo playing for the Cowboys.

Apparently he'll be playing for CBS. <shrug>
April 5th, 2017 at 3:39:14 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
I thought his decision to be a broadcaster was interesting because there was a lot of money to be made from any one of several competitive teams willing to pay big for his services...and usually athletes at that level won't leave if they think they have a shot at a championship.
April 5th, 2017 at 4:25:09 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I thought his decision to be a broadcaster was interesting because there was a lot of money to be made from any one of several competitive teams willing to pay big for his services...and usually athletes at that level won't leave if they think they have a shot at a championship.

Its a great decision
Brain damage for meaningless football glory?
Its a no brainer
lol
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 5th, 2017 at 7:13:17 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23

I don't think the money was coming. He's 37, bashed up and coming of an injury. He was a back up or short fix guy, which means he's not getting paid 10 million plus, and probably offers were much lower. Better offer is to learn the commentary box and you can be set for another 30 years.

I'm surprised CBS are throwing straight into the full colour job, but we'll see how that works.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
April 6th, 2017 at 7:21:39 AM permalink
Nareed
Quote: TheCesspit
I don't think the money was coming.

Maybe not. But I wonder how much money he got from the effingly BIG contract he signed in 2015 or 2014 with Dallas.

And either 1) he doesn't care too much about winning a Super Bowl, 2) he knows or suspects he can't, or 3) he suspects he won't with the teams who're willing to hire him.

Dallas will never like a QB not named Staubach who doesn't win a Super Bowl within five years of being hired.
April 6th, 2017 at 10:26:01 AM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
I don't think the money was coming. He's 37, bashed up and coming of an injury. He was a back up or short fix guy, which means he's not getting paid 10 million plus, and probably offers were much lower. Better offer is to learn the commentary box and you can be set for another 30 years.

I'm surprised CBS are throwing straight into the full colour job, but we'll see how that works.

Reportedly, Denver and Houston were among the teams that expressed interest, but Jerry Jones didn't want to release him from his contract, making a trade prohibitively expensive. Maybe it's for the best. I think he is well spoken, and will do a good job as a broadcaster. Hopefully, it will mean Boomer Esiason will just do radio from now on.
April 6th, 2017 at 11:09:57 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Reportedly, Denver and Houston were among the teams that expressed interest, but Jerry Jones didn't want to release him from his contract, making a trade prohibitively expensive. Maybe it's for the best. I think he is well spoken, and will do a good job as a broadcaster. Hopefully, it will mean Boomer Esiason will just do radio from now on.

I don't get why Jerry wouldn't... he's not worth his contract to Dallas, and I could see him doing a decent job at either team for a year. I've always thought Romo was at the wrong club. The pressure of being a Cowboy always seemed to much for his down-to-earth nature. Houston would have fitted him well.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
April 7th, 2017 at 10:10:43 AM permalink
Nareed
I don't get why Jerry wouldn't... he's not worth his contract to Dallas,

I think it's about salary cap complications.

Quote:
and I could see him doing a decent job at either team for a year.

He did a decent job for Dallas for years.

Quote:
I've always thought Romo was at the wrong club.

Of course he was. So were all his teammates (that's ONE word??).
Page 7 of 8« First<45678>