Survivor: Millennials vs. Gen X

Page 3 of 3<123
December 2nd, 2016 at 6:43:59 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: ams288
Another great episode last night.

I always hate the "loved ones" episode. So phony. I think most of these players are secretly happy to be away from their family for a month.

Maybe a bad example but I used to work at a summer camp deep in the Canadian woods for troubled teens. About two months into it there was a parent visitation weekend. I never saw any tears. I think both parents and kids were happy to be over with it.

The rest of the episode was good though. I'm sorry to see Zeke go but he was too strong to keep around. If I was a player I'd vote him off too for being too strong a threat. Just goes to show it is good play to be in the middle -- not too good, not too bad.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
December 2nd, 2016 at 6:55:09 PM permalink
Aussie
Threads: 2
I never understand all the tears and emotion on the loved ones episodes. It's not like they've been apart for years, it's been less 5 weeks. Who goes on a month long holiday and then breaks down in tears when they walk through the arrivals hall at the airport to be picked up by their sister? Give me a break!
December 2nd, 2016 at 7:38:22 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: Aussie
I never understand all the tears and emotion on the loved ones episodes. It's not like they've been apart for years, it's been less 5 weeks. Who goes on a month long holiday and then breaks down in tears when they walk through the arrivals hall at the airport to be picked up by their sister? Give me a break!

You're absolutely right! Having done a little reality TV I can tell you that when the cameras are off they coach you on what they would like to see. The more emotion and drama you give them, the more camera time they give you. This is much more apparent with all the "Housewives" reality shows. If these women are always fighting with each other, why are they so-called friends in the first place? My own answer is that the fights are 90% phony.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
December 2nd, 2016 at 8:57:28 PM permalink
buzzardknot
Threads: 7
The people that believe reality shows, Pawn Stars, Storage Wars, junk collectors whatever, are the people who believe wrasslin is real REALLY

Even a show like Antique Roadshow. WHAT you say ? 3 or 4 appraisers have been bounced after it was found they would have a friend show up with something the appraiser owned or another friend did. All about getting TV time for your store back home or appraisal fees in the future from viewers.
Depending on who you are, it's from 1200 to 2500 an hour for playing on Poker after Dark and other shows. Doyle gets pissed and has even asked the Poker Brat on TV, why is every decision you make that hard and take so long ??

If you know that nickname, well that's why he does it, Doyle.
December 14th, 2016 at 7:43:22 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Have the tissues ready, west coast viewers... I can't remember there ever being as emotional a finale as this one.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 14th, 2016 at 9:02:14 PM permalink
zippyboy
Threads: 2
Oh great thanks. I'm watching tomorrow morning.
December 15th, 2016 at 7:25:29 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Next season is Survivor: Game Changers, featuring some of the best players who have played the game.

Michaela from this season will be on.

Sandra, the only person to win two seasons will be on.

Should be good!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 15th, 2016 at 5:54:09 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: buzzardknot
The people that believe reality shows, Pawn Stars, Storage Wars, junk collectors whatever, are the people who believe wrasslin is real REALLY

That is how I for years said you have to watch reality TV. It is more "Improv" than scripted, probably why people like it. USA audiences outgrow concepts over time. But in the end, you like the characters. You liked Kramer in the 1990s and Chumlee in the 2000s. They are half the same character. They fill the same role. Heck, first season of "Survivor" people got POed at Richard because when he won he came right out and said it was a game show. Well, he just said "game" but he still got that instead of hottie Hollie Hallstrom modeling the prizes on stage the stage was a fake deserted island.

Be a Smark and enjoy!
The President is a fink.
Page 3 of 3<123