1 vote (14.28%)
1 vote (14.28%)
2 votes (28.57%)

7 members have voted

October 31st, 2016 at 2:20:36 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
To her it was a revelation, all the guys could not believe we were wasting time with something so obvious.

We avoid the first stall because we
assume everybody coming in will
want to use it and bother us. And
we assume it's the dirtiest. Men
have filthy public restroom habits,
women would be disgusted.

One of my first jobs was working
at the big hotel downtown on
weekends. One of my jobs was
cleaning the bathrooms at the
Backroom Saloon. Women's was
almost pristine after a Friday
night. Men's was a horror, like
a war had gone on in there.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 31st, 2016 at 2:27:13 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Face
I wonder if the answers change with familiarity? Like, say you're a wall pooper, all the way to the end. Suddenly, you can't use that one anymore, whether for traffic or maintenance. You have to choose a different one, maybe for a whole week. Do y'all do so then go back to ol faithful upon its availability? Or do you stay with what works, ie the last poopin stall you used?

I'm NOT a wall pooper. Assuming all are equal-ish, I grab the first available one. Whichever one that so happens to be, whether 1st, 2nd, 20th based on availability, that one, assuming acceptable experience, becomes "mine". I'll use it over and over until circumstances force me out. Currently, that's stall #1.

This is normal animal behavior. People pick the same seat in a classroom during their schooling. The dog lays on the same spot. Roaches return to their hiding place. It is used by cops and exterminators alike to their advantage.
The President is a fink.
October 31st, 2016 at 2:32:55 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: AZDuffman
This is normal animal behavior. .

A lot of it is superstition. We chose something
last time and it worked out OK, so there must be
some kind of positive mojo connected to it.
It's how people become obsessive/compulsive,
they carry it to the extreme. Any deviation from
the routine and their world falls apart.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 31st, 2016 at 4:11:33 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Evenbob

Living things like what they know. A person may have a dozen coffee cups but most will use the same one over and over. Dogs do their business in the exact same spot. Programed in.
The President is a fink.
October 31st, 2016 at 6:14:41 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
One of my jobs was
cleaning the bathrooms at the
Backroom Saloon. Women's was
almost pristine after a Friday
night. Men's was a horror, like
a war had gone on in there.

I had a brief job as a low-level manager for a janitorial company in Santa Barbara. I can concur that men's bathrooms were generally much messier and filthier than women's. I also noticed women's restrooms were usually much nicer, even in the same office building. For example, they gave the ladies furniture and magazines. Maybe even flowers. Nothing like that in the men's room.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
October 31st, 2016 at 6:18:10 PM permalink
Evenbob
Women take longer to do their business
and need a place to sit while waiting
for a stall. No fast urinals for them.
October 31st, 2016 at 9:24:54 PM permalink
zippyboy
Threads: 2
Quote: Face
Suddenly, you can't use that one anymore, whether for traffic or maintenance. You have to choose a different one, maybe for a whole week....

a whole week? ummm, change my diet? poop at home?

I just love reading this forum.
November 1st, 2016 at 3:03:16 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Wizard
I had a brief job as a low-level manager for a janitorial company in Santa Barbara. I can concur that men's bathrooms were generally much messier and filthier than women's. I also noticed women's restrooms were usually much nicer, even in the same office building. For example, they gave the ladies furniture and magazines. Maybe even flowers. Nothing like that in the men's room.

In college a female professor said there used to be a real or de facto requirement for a "fainting couch" in the ladies room.

One thing I have noticed in life is that women leave all kinds of personal stuff in the ladies room. Place I once worked at least once a week something they left, usually jewelry or something, out over the email. A few guys wondered what was going on in there.

Meanwhile only one time did I find something in the mens room. Wedding band. Being a good soldier I turned it in, woman at the desk said she did not need to bother finding out who it belonged to, guy lost it there several times. So not totally just the ladies I guess. But almost.
The President is a fink.
November 1st, 2016 at 7:54:40 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
the cleanliness factor: I assume all are equally clean or dirty, then might back off if disgusted and of course try another. I'm surprised at how many are making a guess about it upon first consideration. I like the extra room in the handicapped.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
November 1st, 2016 at 8:09:27 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Myth Busters did a segment on this and I think their assumption was 2nd stall was cleanest. If I remember correctly they couldn't find any difference when they tested.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
Page 2 of 4<1234>