GO TRUMPER! GO TRUMPER! GO TRUMPER!

February 7th, 2017 at 9:15:43 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: pew
How soon we forget. Do you know the denomination?

Not really
I am an atheist
The Christian religion is divided into a gazillion sub sects.
I cant keep up
Its all a fantasy anyway
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 7th, 2017 at 9:17:48 AM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
Wiki,Trinity United Church of Christ is a predominantly African-American church with more than 8,500 members, located in the Washington Heights community on the South Side of Chicago.[1] It is the largest church affiliated with the United Church of Christ, a predominantly white Christian denomination with roots in Congregationalism, which historically branched from early American Puritanism.[2]

The church's early history coincided with the American civil rights movement, subsequent murder of Martin Luther King, Jr., and the tumultuous period that engulfed the U.S. civil rights movement after King's death due to intense competition among actors over who would carry King's mantle. During that tumultuous period, an influx of radical black Muslim groups had begun to headquarter in Chicago, and Trinity sought to recontextualize Christianity through black theology in order to counter the influence of radical black Muslim leaders, who taught that it was impossible to be both black and Christian.[3][4][ Don't know what "black theology" is.
February 7th, 2017 at 9:21:27 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: terapined
The pastors name was Rev Wright

Correct

A very accomplished man.

He has done a lot; being an "accomplished man" does not make everything you do right. See "Trump, Donald"....

A Marine.

Charles Whitman was a Marine, too.

He was so trusted that he was on the medical team that operated on President Johnson

Yes, and it looks like he did well in the military.

Somewhere along the line, he came up with some rather radical ideas and preached on them. ABC News reported on that. Obama denounced the sermons but not the man. Then he resigned the church.

None of that makes Obama a Muslim or a person as radical as Rev Wright.
February 7th, 2017 at 9:25:18 AM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
Sounds like they wanted to radicalize their theology to match the Nation of Islams warped views.
February 7th, 2017 at 9:43:40 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman
If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck it is probably a duck.

Actions speak louder than words. His actions show him to be more muslim than Christian.

Skin color has nothing to do with it.

I don't think you have a clue about what a Muslim or a Christian acts like. Clearly you've very little grasp on facts about Obama's religion. Or even your own warped view of Islam, given that Obama's actions don't match up to that you say all the evil MOOOSLEMS are going to do to the country.

Trying to enact a form of social health care is not terrorism.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
February 7th, 2017 at 10:04:10 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: TheCesspit
I don't think you have a clue about what a Muslim or a Christian acts like.

It depends on what denomination of wither faith they follow and how devout they are.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
February 7th, 2017 at 10:15:12 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Quote: Nareed
It depends on what denomination of wither faith they follow and how devout they are.

Precisely, and claiming one person is -definitely- a muslim based on their actions is a nonsense, especially when said person goes to a Christian church. That's like me saying John Travolta is definitely a Miami Dolphins fan, despite me seeing him in Patriots jersey's, buddying up to the Patriots team management and cheering on the Pats. After all, he once went to Florida, right?
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
February 7th, 2017 at 10:48:32 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: TheCesspit
I don't think you have a clue about what a Muslim or a Christian acts like.

I think I do.

No Christian says they are a muslim on TV. That would be akin to a Mexican saying they are Chinese "by mistake." Or a Packers fan saying how they are a Bears fan.

Quote:
Clearly you've very little grasp on facts about Obama's religion.

I think you mean that I don't buy what he is selling. No Christian church I ever herd of has the minister screaming "GOD DAMN AMERICA!"

What I find interesting is how all of his defenders say to the death how he is not a muslim instead of how they do not care if he is one or not. Maybe one supporter in a blue moon says it does not matter to them. But 99.9% say how that must be false. That says something.
The President is a fink.
February 7th, 2017 at 10:51:55 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
What I find interesting is how all of his defenders say to the death how he is not a muslim instead of how they do not care if he is one or not. Maybe one supporter in a blue moon says it does not matter to them. But 99.9% say how that must be false. That says something.

Actually, I've seen quite a few of his defenders say things along the lines of "I wish he were a Muslim - he's pro-women's rights, pro-gay rights, etc... he'd set a great example for the rest of the Muslim world!"

But you've proven over and over you only hear what you want to - so you are forgiven for "missing" these posts.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 7th, 2017 at 10:54:53 AM permalink
TheCesspit

No Christian says they are a muslim on TV. That would be akin to a Mexican saying they are Chinese "by mistake." Or a Packers fan saying how they are a Bears fan.

One error does not a Muslim make.

Quote:

I think you mean that I don't buy what he is selling. No Christian church I ever herd of has the minister screaming "GOD DAMN AMERICA!"

Westboro Church, among others. It doesn't mean it's a Christian church you like. But love of the USA is not actually part of the Christian doctrine.

Quote:

I care that you are wrong. I don't care if he's a Muslim if he professed to be one, but he clearly does not, and clearly claims to be a Christian. You just don't like him because he's a democrat, and in your mind, there's no good democrat. Your bias is showing. I don't believe there's any evidence someone could show you that would change your mind.

Which makes it pointless arguing with you.