General science thread

November 24th, 2020 at 1:23:13 PM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
That looks like an awful lot of lead shot into the air, most of which missed. Lucky there wasn't a city in that direction $:o)

But yes. It did look pretty cool. I bit like the game 'missile command'
November 24th, 2020 at 1:49:36 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
I wonder if that is the Nevada test range. Could be California White Sands. Doubt if it's anywhere else. Terrain doesn't look right for anywhere else.

It sure is a good way to stop those noisy crickets from chirping. Might buy one for that reason.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 24th, 2020 at 2:07:29 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: rxwine
I wonder if that is the Nevada test range. Could be California White Sands. Doubt if it's anywhere else. Terrain doesn't look right for anywhere else.

It sure is a good way to stop those noisy crickets from chirping. Might buy one for that reason.

He said it was an actual missile attack (unless he just meant test with actual missiles), so I would guess somewhere in the Middle East.

If its a test I am assuming they work for Raytheon so it could be AZ.
November 25th, 2020 at 6:21:47 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Cool. I too assume those are projectiles, so those are tracers we see. Almost looks like lasers but when you see the close one in action it seems to be a gun not a laser

I wonder if the tracers are necessary for it to really work right [probably]
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
November 25th, 2020 at 10:09:51 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: odiousgambit
Cool. I too assume those are projectiles, so those are tracers we see. Almost looks like lasers but when you see the close one in action it seems to be a gun not a laser

I wonder if the tracers are necessary for it to really work right [probably]

It’s kind of eerie seeing them start firing before you can see or hear anything coming. They see Death approaching.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 27th, 2020 at 4:23:32 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: rxwine

that was not a test, that was live fire over in the middle east.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
November 27th, 2020 at 4:44:29 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
DEAD DANISK MINK CULLED DUETO COVID ARE EMERDING FROM THE GROUND.

DARWIN'S ORIGINAL NOTRBOOKS STOLEN FROM CAMBRIDGW

PEDIATRIC CHEMOTHERAPY UNITF HIT BY RANSOMARE DENIAL OF
November 27th, 2020 at 6:27:35 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: DRich
that was not a test, that was live fire over in the middle east.
I have no opinion myself, but i shared the link elsewhere and my nephew, no dummy, says it strikes him as computer generated [cgi]
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
November 27th, 2020 at 7:03:54 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
This guy has 14k subscribers, posting simuations like this one, using ArmA 3

November 27th, 2020 at 11:11:26 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: odiousgambit
I have no opinion myself, but i shared the link elsewhere and my nephew, no dummy, says it strikes him as computer generated [cgi]

Guess we really need intelligence agency department dedicated to deep fakes if we don't have it already. It's likely only going to get harder and harder to tell real from fake, especially when we get whole foreign state intelligence agencies (Iran, China, Russia, N. Korea, etc,) putting efforts into producing them which I'm sure has already started.

You have computer virus, then you have really sophisticated virus like Stutnex. Same idea. (if correct, the development of stutnex took 5 years)

Maybe it's a good thing in one way. People will more and more not believe stuff right off and act like it's true before finding out they've been deceived or misinformed.