Trump's conflicts of interest

Page 3 of 6<123456>
February 8th, 2017 at 12:16:46 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: reno
Surely the President of the United States has more pressing items on his daily agenda than lodging attacks at Nordstrom department stores for not carrying certain clothing lines.

Nordstrom has a lot of branches in the Western coast states, which voted overwhelmingly against Golden Boy. So it's no surprise the people there are eschewing his daughter's line and it's not selling well enough. That far, the question is political.

But so what?

Of course, now we must place a tariff on all goods sold by Nordstrom. It's only fair (and it's the only thing Golden Boy knows how to do).
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
February 8th, 2017 at 2:26:25 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58

On the other hand, maybe the stock price will crash tomorrow, who knows?
February 8th, 2017 at 4:00:30 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: reno
Surely the President of the United States has more pressing items on his daily agenda than lodging attacks at Nordstrom department stores for not carrying certain clothing lines.

Apparently not. Here's what he Tweeted this morning: "My daughter Ivanka has been treated so unfairly by @Nordstrom. She is a great person -- always pushing me to do the right thing! Terrible!"

Quote: Red State Blog
Nordstrom says their decision was based on business saying Trump’s clothing line is not selling well enough to justify keeping the clothing in their stores. Some are saying the decision is political, but there’s no evidence to suggest that. These kinds of decisions are made all the time, especially in retail. If a product is not moving, you remove it from the racks and shelves for something that will sell.

The President of the United States, with that tweet, is attempting to bully a company that stopped doing business with a family member who happens to work in his administration. If this is not crossing an ethical line, then what does it look like to do so? What happens when Eric and Donald Trump Jr. have an issue with another company? Will Dad call them out as well?

Its just so petty
and so very unpresidential
The whole planet is just shaking their head
I am surprised Ivanka has not had an intervention to take him off twitter
I have Trump on my twitter feed and always have the popcorn out.
Trumps tweets never fail to amaze me
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 8th, 2017 at 4:16:52 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: terapined

Its just so petty
and so very unpresidential
The whole planet is just shaking their head

Yeah, no. Has anybody here mentioned yet
that Truman threatened to break a critics
nose that dissed his daughters performance?
So what Trump is nothing, compared to this:

“Mr. Hume: I’ve just read your lousy review of Margaret’s concert. I’ve come to the conclusion that you are an ‘eight-ulcer man on four-ulcer pay.’ It seems to me that you are a frustrated old man who wishes he could have been successful.
When you write such poppycock as was in the back section of the paper you work for it shows conclusively that you’re off the beam and at least four of your ulcers are at work. Someday I hope to meet you. When that happens you’ll need a new nose, a lot of beefsteak for black eyes, and perhaps a supporter below! … I hope you’ll accept that statement as a worse insult than a reflection on your ancestry. H.S.T.”
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 8th, 2017 at 4:23:23 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
I think he should keep tweeting.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
February 8th, 2017 at 4:31:59 PM permalink
reno
Quote: Dalex64
I think he should keep tweeting.

In the sense that he discredits his own dignity and makes a mockery of himself (plus every politician who pretends to respect him) the Tweeting is all fun & games. Watching other politicians squirm is especially entertaining.

But don't you think one of his Tweets could accidentally crash the stock market or start a war?
February 8th, 2017 at 5:07:00 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
No, not really, at least, not because of tweeting as a technology.

He could say just as stupid things through press releases, for example, or through phone calls with other countries.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
February 8th, 2017 at 5:46:44 PM permalink
reno
Quote: Dalex64
No, not really, at least, not because of tweeting as a technology.

He could say just as stupid things through press releases, for example, or through phone calls with other countries.

True. But the medium is especially conducive to late night shenanigans preserved for eternity. He's at his least sane in the middle of the night: for example he Tweeted about Alicia Machado's sex tape at 3:20am.

Can you imagine what would have happened if Richard Nixon had access to Twitter?
February 8th, 2017 at 6:13:21 PM permalink
stinkingliberal
Threads: 17
Quote: Evenbob

Yes, and someone who kills and eats three people is nothing compared to Jeffrey Dahmer. I think we can agree with you that THIS PARTICULAR MOMENT of Trump jerkassery is not the worst in the history of the Presidency.

Why make excuses and apologia for Trump's bad behavior? What does it gain you to defend the Orange Asshole? It's not like he's going to buy the company you work for and make you the boss as a reward. (Hey, wait a minute...)
February 9th, 2017 at 10:51:02 AM permalink
buzzardknot
Threads: 7
Quote: Evenbob

“Mr. Hume: I’ve just read your lousy review of Margaret’s concert. I’ve come to the conclusion that you are an ‘eight-ulcer man on four-ulcer pay.’ It seems to me that you are a frustrated old man who wishes he could have been successful.
When you write such poppycock as was in the back section of the paper you work for it shows conclusively that you’re off the beam and at least four of your ulcers are at work. Someday I hope to meet you. When that happens you’ll need a new nose, a lot of beefsteak for black eyes, and perhaps a supporter below! … I hope you’ll accept that statement as a worse insult than a reflection on your ancestry. H.S.T.”

The nerve of Harry. Speaking his mind and saying what he thinks. He would never have made a good liberal. Pocahontas speaks with a forked tongue.
Page 3 of 6<123456>