2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

November 26th, 2016 at 8:03:34 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
I'll start the bidding at laying 2 to 1 Trump completes his first term. Any takers on the other side?
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
November 26th, 2016 at 10:54:34 PM permalink
stinkingliberal
Threads: 17
Quote: Wizard
I'll start the bidding at laying 2 to 1 Trump completes his first term. Any takers on the other side?

Are you saying that he completes his first term, but whether he gets reelected is irrelevant to the bet? If so, I'll take the other side. But I don't think the bet should be valid until we see if he actually makes it to and through the inauguration, intact and alive. We need the opening kickoff to actually take place, in other words.

I would be willing to lay 2 to 1 that he will not be the person sworn in on Inauguration Day, 2021. Of course, he could still complete his first term under that scenario, so the bets would not be mutually dependent.
November 26th, 2016 at 10:56:53 PM permalink
stinkingliberal
Quote: kenarman
How much you got?

More than you've ever earned in your life. But that's irrelevant. The only question is how much I'd be willing to risk, and that would be dependent on the odds you offer. I think, given your Trumpishness, you should lay 5000 to 1. But you may not be willing.
November 27th, 2016 at 7:39:42 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: stinkingliberal
More than you've ever earned in your life. But that's irrelevant. The only question is how much I'd be willing to risk, and that would be dependent on the odds you offer. I think, given your Trumpishness, you should lay 5000 to 1. But you may not be willing.

Congratulations on being well on your way to your first b,0illion. Not sure why you spend your time here though, I guess money doesn't buy happiness. I will accept your offer of 5000 to 1, my $1,000 against your $5,000,000. I realize this is not much for a man of your wealth but I need to do my due diligence since you have shown you are much richer than me. Please forward your banking information to my lawyer for verification PM me for his e-mail address.

I noticed you stated the odds in reverse in your post since as someone who is so sure of the demise of Trump the way you wrote them could only be a mistake.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
November 27th, 2016 at 9:10:48 AM permalink
stinkingliberal
Congratulations on being well on your way to your first b,0illion. Not sure why you spend your time here though, I guess money doesn't buy happiness. I will accept your offer of 5000 to 1, my $1,000 against your $5,000,000. I realize this is not much for a man of your wealth but I need to do my due diligence since you have shown you are much richer than me. Please forward your banking information to my lawyer for verification PM me for his e-mail address.

I noticed you stated the odds in reverse in your post since as someone who is so sure of the demise of Trump the way you wrote them could only be a mistake.

So you're completely full of it, and nothing but a blustering blowhard.

Show some faith in your tin god, dude!
November 27th, 2016 at 2:17:12 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
I pretty sure Trump makes it through a full term, now. There's evidence he's taking things more seriously than I expected him too. Not ready to condemn his actions without seeing them (I still expect him to be far more centrist than many expected).

I still await him making some statement on the alt-right that loves him, and is using his name as a calling card for racist, homophobic nasty attacks in public. I hope it's coming. There's many people in fear due to his election and the free reign it appears to have given many to expose themselves as angry, nasty people.

The majority of the white males on this site probably just don't understand how his attitude (real or supposed) is creating fear on one side and anger on another.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
November 27th, 2016 at 3:09:45 PM permalink
stinkingliberal
Quote: TheCesspit
I pretty sure Trump makes it through a full term, now. There's evidence he's taking things more seriously than I expected him too. Not ready to condemn his actions without seeing them (I still expect him to be far more centrist than many expected).

I still await him making some statement on the alt-right that loves him, and is using his name as a calling card for racist, homophobic nasty attacks in public. I hope it's coming. There's many people in fear due to his election and the free reign it appears to have given many to expose themselves as angry, nasty people.

The majority of the white males on this site probably just don't understand how his attitude (real or supposed) is creating fear on one side and anger on another.

No, no. They DO understand. They LIKE that fear and anger. They EMBRACE it. It gives meaning to their pathetic little lives.

I agree with you that the saving grace may be that Trump's supposed positions were a persona calculated to get the ignorant to vote for him. He's an experienced and skilled pitchman and showman, after all. What I think are genuine are his pettiness, spitefulness, and hair-trigger temper. Those are not qualities you want in any elected official, let alone a President. We'll see, I suppose, just how much of the screaming bigot persona is real. But he's indisputably incapable of leading.

I think that the biggest danger for him is criminal indictments/convictions and civil suits. Those aren't going away. I believe his campaign manager convinced the Justice Department to postpone the Trump University fraud investigation until after the inauguration, on the pretext that Trump needs to prepare for the transition. Like he'll be any less busy when he's actually President!
November 27th, 2016 at 3:13:07 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: TheCesspit

This was from his conference with the New York Times reporters a couple of days ago. I guess you missed it.

âI donât want to energize the group, and I disavow the group," Trump told Baquet. "Itâs not a group I want to energize, and if they are energized, I want to look into it and find out why.â
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
November 27th, 2016 at 3:16:55 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
This was from his conference with the New York Times reporters a couple of days ago. I guess you missed it.

�I don�t want to energize the group, and I disavow the group," Trump told Baquet. "It�s not a group I want to energize, and if they are energized, I want to look into it and find out why.�

It would be a lot more believable, had he not granted Steve Bannon a prominent spot in his campaign and then in his administration.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
November 27th, 2016 at 3:24:40 PM permalink
stinkingliberal

�I don�t want to energize the group, and I disavow the group," Trump told Baquet. "It�s not a group I want to energize, and if they are energized, I want to look into it and find out why.�

It's truly amazing how you Trumpers are such suckers for his lies. He's bringing a major alt-right figure--I forget the name, but I think it's Bannon--into his administration.

Trump's trying to sound like a reasonable human being for now, maybe because he's afraid of a mass defection by electors. He's not fooling me, but he is fooling some people, you included, it seems.
Page 2 of 811<12345>Last »