No votes (0%)
2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

November 28th, 2016 at 7:37:38 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
We've been waiting for the Orange Man to implode since June of 2015 or so, when he was the leading silly season candidate.

It's clear he will not implode, and he needs to be brought down by other means.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
November 28th, 2016 at 8:07:35 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: TheCesspit
The majority of the white males on this site probably just don't understand how his attitude (real or supposed) is creating fear on one side and anger on another.

Oh they understand.

At best, they don't care.

At worst, they enjoy it and think it is a good thing.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 28th, 2016 at 8:57:53 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: TheCesspit
The majority of the white males on this site probably just don't understand how his attitude (real or supposed) is creating fear on one side and anger on another.

You mean the same way I feel when I listen to much of the crap from the left, fear and anger that is what the left spread as well.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
November 28th, 2016 at 10:11:16 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: kenarman
You mean the same way I feel when I listen to much of the crap from the left, fear and anger that is what the left spread as well.

No, not the same way. One side's fear is legitimate, and the other is only in your head.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 28th, 2016 at 11:00:14 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: stinkingliberal
So you're completely full of it, and nothing but a blustering blowhard.

Personal insult. Three-day suspension.

When you get back let's finalize our bet. I propose laying 2 to 1 that Trump will successfully complete one term of office. Whether he runs for or wins reelection is immaterial. He simply needs to complete a full term. The bet will be contingent on his term starting. If those terms are agreeable, I suggest a $200 bet to win $100.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
November 28th, 2016 at 11:07:59 AM permalink
Nareed
Quote: Wizard
When you get back let's finalize our bet. I propose laying 2 to 1 that Trump will successfully complete one term of office.

Careful. Semantics are not your friend.

I've no doubt the Orange man, barring natural causes or assassination, will complete one term. Whether that term will be successful for anyone but him and his family, is much less certain.

He might go down by flouting the Constitution too much. Unlike all presidents in the modern era, he has stated he won't place his assets in a blind trust. He's doing this because conflict of interest laws don't apply to the president. He's missing the very important principle that there ought not be the appearance of a conflict of interest, regardless of what the law says.

And there's that other clause which does apply to the president. It may be against the law fro Thieving Donald to receive a penny from foreign diplomats staying at his properties.

What I can bet on, is that trying to run a country and a business won't be good for anybody.
November 28th, 2016 at 11:25:53 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
I thought the POTUS and vice POTUS were exempt from such conflict of interest laws.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
November 28th, 2016 at 12:00:17 PM permalink
Nareed
Quote: Wizard
I thought the POTUS and vice POTUS were exempt from such conflict of interest laws.

Yes, but they're not above the appearance of impropriety

Besides, Article 1, Section 9, Clause 8 of the Constitution says "“No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.â€

This means it's illegal for Thieving Donald to accept payment from foreign diplomats who stay at his hotels, not to mention renting office space to state-owned Chinese banks in his buildings.

Of course, Congress can consent to such things. Which would be the golden opportunity for the Democrats to accuse the GOP of 1) trying to sidestep the Constitution, 2) allowing the Orange man to use his office for personal enrichment, and 3) do a filibuster in the Senate.
November 28th, 2016 at 12:23:41 PM permalink
kenarman
What you are missing Nareed is that Trump doesn't own all of the hotels. This very common in the hotel industry and few of the chains own all or even a majority of their properties.
November 28th, 2016 at 12:30:26 PM permalink
kenarman
Quote: ams288
No, not the same way. One side's fear is legitimate, and the other is only in your head.

My fear is more legitimate than yours. Your fear is based upon supposed future actions none of which has occurred yet. My fear is base upon events that have already happened and continue to do so. The government continually picking my pocket to support the called "under privileged" of all shapes and sizes. Rather than helping them move on with their lives it only makes them more dependent and entitled and want more of everything, all at the expense of anyone but themselves. This is going to be the downfall of western society much sooner than any effects of global warming.
Page 3 of 811<123456>Last »